stayfee

K1 visa Amsterdam Medical Exam

23 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

I was instructed to pick up the results of my medical exam before my visa interview. I've read instructions online that usually the medical results will be sent to the consulate by the doctor himself.

Have they changed this process? I just wanted to make sure because I think it's odd I have to pick it up myself 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I went through the process in Moscow, I went to my medical exam before i even had a case number. Here, they just give you a sealed envelope which you dont open, so i assume thats what they will do for you

My husband had his medical exam in Amsterdam.  He was given a sealed envelope with the results, which he brought to his interview.

Apparently they have changed procedures, but as there is a very good line of comunication between the consulate and the doctor, I assume his assistant will know exactly what to do.

On ‎1‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 5:29 AM, stayfee said:

I was instructed to pick up the results of my medical exam before my visa interview. I've read instructions online that usually the medical results will be sent to the consulate by the doctor himself.

Have they changed this process? I just wanted to make sure because I think it's odd I have to pick it up myself 

You might get a more accurate answer specific to your embassy. As it is you are getting other embassy's process and not yours. Here is the link to search or ask your question.

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/95-europe-amp-eurasia-except-the-uk-and-russia/

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Moved from Progress Reports to Process & Procedures.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Timeline
On 1/18/2019 at 1:28 PM, mtempelaar said:

My husband had his medical exam in Amsterdam.  He was given a sealed envelope with the results, which he brought to his interview.

Thanks that helps a lot!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Netherlands
Timeline
On 1/18/2019 at 3:29 AM, stayfee said:

Nope, doctor sends it to consulate. Had my interview in Amsterdam April 2018. That is one of the reasons you have to have at least 10 days between medical and interview (also cause it takes some time to get all the test results back) You'll get a copy of your DS-3025 once you get your passport with visa in it.

Edited by C90

C90's experience in Amsterdam is more recent than my husband's so is likely the most accurate.     Current online guidance mirrors C90's experience as well:  https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/Medical/AMS - Amsterdam.pdf

My husband was processed in 2015.  The guidance from the State Dept is from Q3 2016, so after my husband did his interview.

Timeline
20 hours ago, mtempelaar said:

C90's experience in Amsterdam is more recent than my husband's so is likely the most accurate.     Current online guidance mirrors C90's experience as well:  https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/Medical/AMS - Amsterdam.pdf

My husband was processed in 2015.  The guidance from the State Dept is from Q3 2016, so after my husband did his interview.

I asked someone who just had their interview about 2 weeks ago. You do have to pick it up at the doctor's office where you had your medical exam.

You can only pick it up on the day of the interview from 11-12 am. 

I'm guessing they changed the whole process just recently. I have my interview in about two weeks I can post also an update on how it really went.

Timeline
7 hours ago, stayfee said:

I asked someone who just had their interview about 2 weeks ago. You do have to pick it up at the doctor's office where you had your medical exam.

You can only pick it up on the day of the interview from 11-12 am. 

I'm guessing they changed the whole process just recently. I have my interview in about two weeks I can post also an update on how it really went.

Then it has changed very, very recently (what's possible, not arguing with that) Did you already have your medical? The doctor should tell you if he sends it or if you have to pick it up. Just listen to him or if it's in instructions from the consulate follow those.

Timeline

Hi Stayfee,

I just had my medical on the 21st, interview coming up on the 5th. Mrs. Schulte told me as well to come pick up the medical envelope between 11-12 on the day of my interview. This did not sound familiair to me as I had read on the forums that it was communicated straigth to the consulate. So I asked her about it and she told me they had changed the procedure and this is how it works now.

Sidenote: I am guessing it has changed because of the new Dutch privacy laws (AVG) that have made your private information a lot more difficult to share with other parties. This law is in effect since May 25th, 2018- which would make sense why @C90's file was still sent straight to the consulate.

Good luck on your interview by the way! 

Edited by Mrijex

K1 (2018)

Feb 28: petition sent

March 12: NOA1

October 10: NOA2

Feb 5 2019: Interview (approved!)

Feb 12: Passport received, visa in hand

March 12: enter US, POE; Boston

March 21st (1st day of spring🌻😞 married!

AOS (2019) 

April 12: Sent in AOS, EAD and AP

April 15: Delivered at USCIS

May 15: Opened service req for NOA1

May 20: NOA1

May 30: Opened service req for biometrics appointment scheduling

June 6: Requested expedite processing on EAD (via phone)

June 12: Asked to fax evidence for expedite, sent in job offer (non-profit) and cover letter

June 17: Received RFIE (birth certificate) - notified that EAD expedite was on hold

June 20: Evidence received by USCIS after overnighting

June 21: Asked for expedite request to be re-activated (via phone)

June 26: Expedite could not be completed because of missing biometrics (E-mail)

June 26: Biometrics appointment got scheduled (for July 9)

July 3: Walk- in biometrics

July 8: Asked for expedite request to be re-activated (via phone)

July 13: Expedite request for EAD was approved (E-mail)

July 17: Hard copy of Notice of Approval for both EAD and AP in snail mail- online status changed to card was mailed to me 

July 20: EAD/ AP combo card in hand

Timeline
52 minutes ago, Mrijex said:

Hi Stayfee,

I just had my medical on the 21st, interview coming up on the 5th. Mrs. Schulte told me as well to come pick up the medical envelope between 11-12 on the day of my interview. This did not sound familiair to me as I had read on the forums that it was communicated straigth to the consulate. So I asked her about it and she told me they had changed the procedure and this is how it works now.

Sidenote: I am guessing it has changed because of the new Dutch privacy laws (AVG) that have made your private information a lot more difficult to share with other parties. This law is in effect since May 25th, 2018- which would make sense why @C90's file was still sent straight to the consulate.

Cool! we have the same interview date! 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Mrijex said:

Hi Stayfee,

True, completely forgot bout that law change last year lol. Good to know what the current procedure is right now for all the K1ers that go through Amsterdam!

I can second the new change of picking up your medical envelope between 11-12! Fiance had his interview on January 8th and he had to pick up his envelope before his interview :)

ROC from AOS from K-1

02/08/2019 - Marriage ❤️

02/20/2019 - Mailed AOS packet

02/25/2019 - NOA1 (& check cashed)

06/10/2019 - Interview - recommended for approval

06/14/2019 - NOA2 in the mail and Card Delivered

03/10/2021 - Mailed ROC packet

03/15/2021 - ROC packet received by Lockbox

04/07/2021 - Check cashed

04/08/2021 - Text received w/ case number (LIN)

04/30/2021 - Email received saying Fingerprints were taken

05/07/2021 - Biometrics waived letter received in the mail

09/29/2022 - New Card Is Being Produced

09/30/2022 - Case Was Approved

10/03/2022 - Card Was Mailed To Me

10/04/2022 - Card Picked Up By USPS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.