stayfee

K1 visa Amsterdam Medical Exam

23 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline
On 3/26/2019 at 7:45 AM, Anna92 said:

Hi there!

Is it possible to book your medical in Amsterdam after receiving your casenumer? or did u guys have to wait untill there was a specific interview date?

You need to wait Ana until you receive your interview date. Good luck just had my medical...

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline
1 minute ago, Anna92 said:

Hi! I was actually able to book it just with my casenumber ☺️☺️ Hope u had a good day!

Ohhw thats odd i just had mine last Tuesday. I couldn't make an appointment without an interview date they told me but okay good luck. Yes it was really easy just go early. Now im waiting for my interview april 9th.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Netherlands
Timeline
On 3/26/2019 at 2:45 AM, Anna92 said:

Hi there!

Is it possible to book your medical in Amsterdam after receiving your casenumer? or did u guys have to wait untill there was a specific interview date?

Last year I booked my medical with just my case number, but I knew someone with a similar timeline that already had acces to the interview appointments. That way I kinda knew for what date I was able to plan my interview and I told the doctor that when I booked my medical.

Since apparently things changed since last year this might have changed too, but just give m a call and try. Just keep in mind, once your visa is approved, it'll be valid 6 months from your medical, not your interview date. So make sure your medical isn't too far from your interview (there has to be at least 10 days in between tho to get the results of the TB and gonorrhea test)

• 3 months later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Netherlands
Timeline
On 1/24/2019 at 4:01 PM, stayfee said:

I asked someone who just had their interview about 2 weeks ago. You do have to pick it up at the doctor's office where you had your medical exam.

You can only pick it up on the day of the interview from 11-12 am. 

I'm guessing they changed the whole process just recently. I have my interview in about two weeks I can post also an update on how it really went.

Hi stayfee, 

I've been waiting for my interview date since the NOA2 on 20th June. As far as I was able to find, you seem to be one of the few people going through the K-1 and seem to be ahead of me by a couple of months. 

Could you tell me a little bit more about what the scheduling of your interview and medical exam was like?

"Life is a journey." At this moment, it's taking me to the USA to the woman I love.

Saw this pop up and figured i'd answer too. 

Medical in amsterdam was incredibly simple. You get to the doctor, sit down in the waiting room and fill in the required paperwork. You then have to tive some blood, and then back to waiting for your turn. Then when it's your turn you go in, sit down and go through a checklist of a bunch of questions with the doctor. After that he checks your eyesight, bloodpressure and does some poking on your back and chest. You then lay down on the table and he puts some pressure on your stomach to check more stuff. Lastly he's going to ask you to pee in a plastic container. 

After that whole process(its about 15 minutes) you go to the xray clinic, take off your shirt and put your body against the machine. They take the xray and thats it, all done. The xray technician tells you if they saw something wrong right away. 

The doc will only contact you if they find something wrong. He'll send the results directly to the embassy, no need to go pick it up. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline
1 hour ago, jeaniecz said:

Hi stayfee, 

I've been waiting for my interview date since the NOA2 on 20th June. As far as I was able to find, you seem to be one of the few people going through the K-1 and seem to be ahead of me by a couple of months. 

Could you tell me a little bit more about what the scheduling of your interview and medical exam was like?

Hi! you have to book the medical appointment by yourself through phone and they will also ask when your interview date would be. Don't forget to bring your appointment letter, vaccination records and ds-160, and four 2"x2" passport pictures (if I remember right).

How the medical exam was already explained above, but for the X-ray you have to walk to another building, I just used google maps for that.

NOTE: On the day of my K1 visa interview I had to pick up my medical results, I don't know if they do that now but after your medical exam they will give you clear instructions. You can only pick it up at a certain time so keep that in mind.

Everything went smoothly for me. I was only nervous about the needles. lol

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.