Hobidyali

K1 Interview

18 posts in this topic

Question guys, with Casablanca, once they receive the file, if we start emailing I am assuming this speeds up the process correct? What if we didn't email, would the interview take longer to be assigned?

My NOA2 date is Jan 4th, when do you guys anticipate my interview to be?

Thanks in advance guys , have a good day/night

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Your case will need to be assigned a number at the NVC and then forwarded on to Casa. I would imagine you'll get your case number end of Jan/beginning of Feb. Give it about 2 weeks after to begin emailing. I would think interview in March or April would be a reasonable guess

15 minutes ago, EandH0904 said:

Your case will need to be assigned a number at the NVC and then forwarded on to Casa. I would imagine you'll get your case number end of Jan/beginning of Feb. Give it about 2 weeks after to begin emailing. I would think interview in March or April would be a reasonable guess

Thank you, so basically I have to email them to get an interview? They don't schedule it unless I email? Is that correct?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Hobidyali said:

Thank you, so basically I have to email them to get an interview? They don't schedule it unless I email? Is that correct?

They probably would but everyone generally emails because they want an interview date ASAP. You don't have to email if you don't want to.....

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

At this time the embassy will do the scheduling of K1 

your gf/and maybe you will receive the instructions and list of drs for the medical (list can be found on embassy site but u can not schedule without letter from embaasy)

u will also be instructed to get the 2 criminal reports / Fiche Anthropometrique and a Casier Judiciaire from the Central Police station 

plus a copy of gf tax returns (2017 if interview before April 15th/  2018 if after that date) 

and any other documents they need

if NOA2 in january ,(1st quarter of 2019)  u are looking at 2nd quarter interview  (April thru June)

Edited by adil-rafa

2 minutes ago, adil-rafa said:

At this time the embassy will do the scheduling of K1 

your gf/and maybe you will receive the instructions and list of drs for the medical (list can be found on embassy site but u can not schedule without letter from embaasy)

u will also be instructed to get the 2 criminal reports / Fiche Anthropometrique and a Casier Judiciaire from the Central Police station 

plus a copy of gf tax returns (2017 if interview before April 15th/  2018 if after that date) 

and any other documents they need

if NOA2 in january ,(1st quarter of 2019)  u are looking at 2nd quarter interview  (April thru June)

Thank you , I am a girl btw lol.

I didn't think it would be that long for an interview tho, thank you so much 😃

Here is some advanced information.

Once you get a case number, you can fill out the DS 160 online. Print the confirmation page for this once completed. 

When you have your case number, enter it here https://ceac.state.g...ker/status.aspx and it will tell you one of three things,  at NVC, In Transit, or Ready. Once your case shows "Ready" then you email the consulate and request an interview. Include your name, fiancés name, case number and that you're looking to schedule a K1 Fiance Visa interview. I heard they'll email you back within 2 weeks or so but some have heard back the same day that they sent the email. 

When they email you back they'll tell you when your appointment is. Attached will be packet 3. Includes a list of doctors to choose from for the medical , your rights and your appointment letter. At that point - just get your papers together. Usually your fiancé gets the police records in a week. Court records same day. Celabecy letter same day. And birth cert in the same day. Once you have them, then dropped them off to be translated. Picked them up in a week. Already you're at 2 weeks for gathering the fiancés paperwork. On top of that make sure your fiancé sends you their documents (I-134, proof of relationship, taxes, pay stubs, letter from employer, updated letter of intent..).

https://ma.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/fiancee-visa/the-interview/

https://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=Morocco&cty=Casablanca

Below is the list of panel physicians used by the U.S. Consulate General in Casablanca. Call ahead to insure they are still doing medical exams for the Embassy.

Physician:

Dr. Nezha El Fihri (French – Arabic – English)

38 Angle Bd. Bir Anzarane

et Rue Ibn Souraij

Tel: 0522- 99-33-35

Click Here for Directions

Dr. MOURAD MAACH (French – Arabic – English)

Cabinet Address: RUE ER RIYAD, RESIDENCE RIYAD-A- Apt: 2

PLACE AFRICAINE, HASSAN.

RABAT.

Tel: 0537-73-77-77

Dr. JANAH ABDELAZIZ (Arabic – French)

Cabinet Address: 104 BOULEVARD ABDELMOUMEN, 3eme ETAGE, Apt: 8

CASABLANCA.

Tel: +212 522-23-01-01

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Timeline

ok  but a USC just had an appoinment last Thrusday at embassy to find out why he still waits for his wife's decision on early  December interview

he was told they are dealing with thousands of applications at this point for interviews and AP 

and so far i have been correct about the interview dates being in the following quater

sorry that i mistakenly called u a man

incha allah  all will go ok

3 minutes ago, adil-rafa said:

ok  but a USC just had an appoinment last Thrusday at embassy to find out why he still waits for his wife's decision on early  December interview

he was told they are dealing with thousands of applications at this point for interviews and AP 

and so far i have been correct about the interview dates being in the following quater

sorry that i mistakenly called u a man

incha allah  all will go ok

No apology needed :)

I am just grateful that this process so far has been smooth and with no hiccups along the way, if it is next quarter than alhamdulilah, not worried at all. I have been looking thru Moroccan profiles and noticed a 75 to 85 day span between NOA2 and interview, this is where I was confused I guess and why the question came up.  Thanks.

11 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

Once you get a case number, you can fill out the DS 160 online. Print the confirmation page for this once completed. 

When you have your case number, enter it here https://ceac.state.g...ker/status.aspx and it will tell you one of three things,  at NVC, In Transit, or Ready. Once your case shows "Ready" then you email the consulate and request an interview. Include your name, fiancés name, case number and that you're looking to schedule a K1 Fiance Visa interview. I heard they'll email you back within 2 weeks or so but some have heard back the same day that they sent the email. 

When they email you back they'll tell you when your appointment is. Attached will be packet 3. Includes a list of doctors to choose from for the medical , your rights and your appointment letter. At that point - just get your papers together. Usually your fiancé gets the police records in a week. Court records same day. Celabecy letter same day. And birth cert in the same day. Once you have them, then dropped them off to be translated. Picked them up in a week. Already you're at 2 weeks for gathering the fiancés paperwork. On top of that make sure your fiancé sends you their documents (I-134, proof of relationship, taxes, pay stubs, letter from employer, updated letter of intent..).

Below is the list of panel physicians used by the U.S. Consulate General in Casablanca. Call ahead to insure they are still doing medical exams for the Embassy.

Physician:

et Rue Ibn Souraij

PLACE AFRICAINE, HASSAN.

RABAT.

CASABLANCA.

Thank you, very helpful.

Timeline

No apology needed :)

I am just grateful that this process so far has been smooth and with no hiccups along the way, if it is next quarter than alhamdulilah, not worried at all. I have been looking thru Moroccan profiles and noticed a 75 to 85 day span between NOA2 and interview, this is where I was confused I guess and why the question came up.  Thanks.

my wife admonished me

she knew u were female 

so we both say ana afifa

january 4th looks more like early April interview / hope for March 

no december results out yet to see approvals for then but there were too many ds535 given out and the embassy is now reviewing all of them along with normal AP

allah yessir

12 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

Physician:

et Rue Ibn Souraij

PLACE AFRICAINE, HASSAN.

RABAT.

CASABLANCA.

Greenbaum, just curious, do the embassies do things different from country to country?  I am doing a K1 with my fiancé from the Philippines right now, and we scheduled the interview appointment on our own.  We did not have to get the embassy to schedule our interview.  We did it all through this site.

https://cgifederal.secure.force.com/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline
2 hours ago, Todd55 said:

Greenbaum, just curious, do the embassies do things different from country to country?  I am doing a K1 with my fiancé from the Philippines right now, and we scheduled the interview appointment on our own.  We did not have to get the embassy to schedule our interview.  We did it all through this site.

I'm not Greenbaun, but certainly is different. In my country you can schedule the appointment when your case is in transit at the NVC site and you have to do it yourself. P3 and P4 officially don't exist? The only instructions you get are the ones in the ustraveldocs site. And interviews are usually 6-10weeks  after your case is in transit or ready. My case was received last week and my interview is on March 1st. 

9 hours ago, Todd55 said:

The Embassy do have different requirements. Some will require you to complete some paperwork and send back to them and once they confirm you have provided everything they have asked for they will open the scheduling website whereas others (Philippines follows this regiment) will allow you to schedule your own once your record is set to "Ready" condition. Here are the instructions and informative links you should review for the Philippines.

Link to the Embassy Letter/P3/Checklist

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_gN0SjyLEdkLj1WR7QuBDDJumcvByyGX/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yt5aVD7vlHG-dgnzzKW_5ijRYpkrV5km/view?usp=sharing

Embassy letter for a non-immigrant K=1

https://ph.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/fiancee-visa/the-interview/

Hank's website

http://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/k-1-visa-application.html

Additional information can be found here:

http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ph/index.html?firstTime=No

Also, there is a sub-forum for the Philippines here on VJ that you should be a part of. It's a good place to read what others are experiencing which will only prepare you for your interview.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/129-philippines/

Manila US Embassy states that a scanned copy of the signed I-134 is fine, if you don't have the original.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.