jackson6658

Do I need to do 2nd dose for MMR for K1 interview?

22 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi, I'm confused by vaccination. My K1 interview date in Consulate Montreal booked as Feb 13,2019. My medical exam date booked as Jan 17, 2019.  As medical exam require Vaccination, so today I went to a local clinic and did Tetanus-Diptheria, MMR, Varicella, and flu shot vaccine. Vaccine Checklist was filled and signed by doctor and Immunication record is dated and stamped. Clinic told me everyting should be fine. However after I was back home, clinic called me and said: For MMR, you may need go to your family doctor and confirm you are immune to MMR, if not, you need come and do second MMR dose.   

My question is do i really need to go to my family doctor for MMR immunation confirmation for K1 visa? Is it possible to do it after I arrive US? I heard 2nd MMR can be done when doing AOS.

Thank you for any advice or experience sharing!

NOA1 Apr 19, 2018  

NOA2 Oct 18.2018  

Packet 4 recieved Jan 11,2019

K1 Interview date: Feb 13,2019

K1 Visa received: Feb 21,2019

US Entry: April 7,2019

AOS Filed: April 30,2019

Bio Appt: May 30,2019

AOS interview date: Sep 10,2019(GREEN CARD APPROVED!!)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, jackson6658 said:

Hi, I'm confused by vaccination. My K1 interview date in Consulate Montreal booked as Feb 13,2019. My medical exam date booked as Jan 17, 2019.  As medical exam require Vaccination, so today I went to a local clinic and did Tetanus-Diptheria, MMR, Varicella, and flu shot vaccine. Vaccine Checklist was filled and signed by doctor and Immunication record is dated and stamped. Clinic told me everyting should be fine. However after I was back home, clinic called me and said: For MMR, you may need go to your family doctor and confirm you are immune to MMR, if not, you need come and do second MMR dose.   

My question is do i really need to go to my family doctor for MMR immunation confirmation for K1 visa? Is it possible to do it after I arrive US? I heard 2nd MMR can be done when doing AOS.

Thank you for any advice or experience sharing!

K1 has no vaccine requirement.   Any vaccines done are in preparation for aos 

YMMV

7 minutes ago, payxibka said:

K1 has no vaccine requirement.   Any vaccines done are in preparation for aos 

Unless it is in Canada. Canadians doctors will not release the medical if vaccination is not done.  First dose of a serie is acceptable.

Edited by Lemonslice

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Moved to the Canada forum, from K1 P&P - As the Medical can differ from country to country. As mentioned in Canada one must have all vaccinations up to date or they cannot complete the medical.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Timeline
13 hours ago, Lemonslice said:

Unless it is in Canada. Canadians doctors will not release the medical if vaccination is not done.  First dose of a serie is acceptable.

No, the vaccine is not for the K-1 but is the first of a series that will be required for AOS, the panel physician is actually assisting the K-1 applicant by doing it this way by getting the first of the series completed

YMMV

3 minutes ago, payxibka said:

No, the vaccine is not for the K-1 but is the first of a series that will be required for AOS, the panel physician is actually assisting the K-1 applicant by doing it this way by getting the first of the series completed

As I wrote, Canadian doctors will not release your medical if you did not receive the required vaccines, are otherwise immune, or exempt. Even if it's not a K-1 requirement, result is still no visa... 

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Lemonslice said:

As I wrote, Canadian doctors will not release your medical if you did not receive the required vaccines, are otherwise immune, or exempt. Even if it's not a K-1 requirement, result is still no visa... 

The panel physicians can choose to do as they wish.   I stand by my reasons as to why they do this for the visa applicant, not because it is required but because it is encouraged ....

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/family-immigration/nonimmigrant-visa-for-a-fiance-k-1.html

image.thumb.png.ab8e59ac0ff4ab04e1255298dfe3c2a2.png

YMMV

Timeline

Yes, but "encouraged" can mean preferential and doctors, who run privately run clinics may decide in Canada where we, in this forum are from not to allow anyone to have results if vaxx are not done at basic levels for the age of the patient. I've never heard of anyone, read about anyone without vaxx getting their visa from a Canadian based panel doctor. Also, are you currently going through Montreal, Canada to get a K1? 

Timeline

Long story short? YES, get your MMR vaxx if you're going through MTL, Canada for a visa. If you are not sure of immunity/coverage get a titer test done and a doctor can complete what you need.  Do this before the Montreal medical b/c its free in Canada at health units to do so. The Medsys clinic is private, not public health designated and makes you pay to administer the vaxx.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Smashy said:

Yes, but "encouraged" can mean preferential and doctors, who run privately run clinics may decide in Canada where we, in this forum are from not to allow anyone to have results if vaxx are not done at basic levels for the age of the patient. I've never heard of anyone, read about anyone without vaxx getting their visa from a Canadian based panel doctor. Also, are you currently going through Montreal, Canada to get a K1? 

Are you saying that online those transiting Montreal are allowed to post?

YMMV

Timeline

Many sincere thanks to all of you who have responded underneath my post!!

NOA1 Apr 19, 2018  

NOA2 Oct 18.2018  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

Hi all, just wonder if we have to get MMR then can we get other vaccines at the same day? if 1 month interval needed for other vaccines how we can proceed for interview?

Timeline
1 hour ago, JunYun said:

Hi all, just wonder if we have to get MMR then can we get other vaccines at the same day? if 1 month interval needed for other vaccines how we can proceed for interview?

I got MMR, Tdap and flu shot all on the same day through public health. 

Essentially if it was a vaccine and free, I took it lol.

Timeline

I did Tetanus-Diptheria, MMR, Varicella, and flu shot vaccine, but the problem is i have no time to do titer test to confirm I got antibody before medical exam. I may do titer test when doing medical exam. However, if the result is no anti body at time, medical exam clinic will not put "complete" on DS 3025 vaccination. In this situation, I can still get K1 and go to US. But before I file AOS, i need to do vaccination in US civil surgon and fill I-693, which will cost much more money than doing in Canada.. 

NOA1 Apr 19, 2018  

NOA2 Oct 18.2018  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.