Elsalove2016

Waiver for inadmisability 9 months or 15 Months ??

30 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Uruguay
Timeline

When I apply for the waiver for my fiancé due to his criminal record back in his country . The lawyer told me it was going to take around 8-9 months for uscis to make a decision , but today he  is telling me it’s taking  12 months or 15 months . Did the new administration had an impact in the time frame that immigration applications are being processed ?? Also for those who have submitted a waiver , I called uscis today and they told me that they are working on waivers that were sent on October of 2017 , so if you sent in a waiver in October of 2017 you should be hearing about the decision really soon . 

*~*~*moved from "K-1 fiancé visa process and procedures" to "waivers"*~*~*

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

4 hours ago, Elsalove2016 said:

When I apply for the waiver for my fiancé due to his criminal record back in his country . The lawyer told me it was going to take around 8-9 months for uscis to make a decision , but today he  is telling me it’s taking  12 months or 15 months . Did the new administration had an impact in the time frame that immigration applications are being processed ?? Also for those who have submitted a waiver , I called uscis today and they told me that they are working on waivers that were sent on October of 2017 , so if you sent in a waiver in October of 2017 you should be hearing about the decision really soon . 

My husband and I are in the same situation. The waiver processing used to be 4-6 months. With this administration it's 12-15.5 months. We submitted our waiver last March 2018, so we are getting closer. It's very frustrating! Good luck to you both.xx

Timeline
On 1/10/2019 at 11:44 PM, Ruthie said:

My husband and I are in the same situation. The waiver processing used to be 4-6 months. With this administration it's 12-15.5 months. We submitted our waiver last March 2018, so we are getting closer. It's very frustrating! Good luck to you both.xx

When I first was going to apply for his waiver people and even the lawyer were telling me 8 months and even that I thought it was a long time !!! And now this time frame it’s just so crazy it’s torture . Like I said though right now they are working on cases that were sent oct 2017 , so if you sent your case in March you should be hearing from them in about 5 months and me in 7 months 😩😩😩😩 good luck to both of us in gods willing . 🙏🙏🙏

On 1/12/2019 at 9:02 AM, Elsalove2016 said:

When I first was going to apply for his waiver people and even the lawyer were telling me 8 months and even that I thought it was a long time !!! And now this time frame it’s just so crazy it’s torture . Like I said though right now they are working on cases that were sent oct 2017 , so if you sent your case in March you should be hearing from them in about 5 months and me in 7 months 😩😩😩😩 good luck to both of us in gods willing . 🙏🙏🙏

Hopefully, it will be 12 months and we'll hear in March!  We've been married two years already and living on separate continents. Hopefully by the summer, all of us will be very happy! xx

On 1/10/2019 at 5:28 PM, kris&me said:

No 

the process is slower now because the number of applications has risen to over 6,000,000 applications a year

I don't think that information is accurate. Our lawyer has been doing this for a long time, and he says it's a completely different story with this administration. It's horrible. Where did you get the 6,000,000 number? The government doesn't even process that many people a year in the entire immigrant/naturalization pool. 

In fiscal year 2017, the United States issued 9,681,913 nonimmigrant visas and 559,536 immigrant visas. According to a preliminary report, 533,557 immigrant visas were issued in 2018. 

Roughly 500,000 are processed each year, not 6 million. 

Edited by Ruthie

Timeline
On 1/16/2019 at 7:37 PM, Ruthie said:

I don't think that information is accurate. Our lawyer has been doing this for a long time, and he says it's a completely different story with this administration. It's horrible. Where did you get the 6,000,000 number? The government doesn't even process that many people a year in the entire immigrant/naturalization pool. 

In fiscal year 2017, the United States issued 9,681,913 nonimmigrant visas and 559,536 immigrant visas. According to a preliminary report, 533,557 immigrant visas were issued in 2018. 

Roughly 500,000 are processed each year, not 6 million. 

So it actually is the new administration which is making it take longer ??? I thought the prices had gone up for the applications because they hired more people to make the process faster but I guess not . Yes yes yes in gods willing I hope by the summer they are home with us !! We have been together for almost 3 years and we have a daughter who is 6 months that he hasn’t been able to meet its very sad 😢 

11 hours ago, Elsalove2016 said:

So it actually is the new administration which is making it take longer ??? I thought the prices had gone up for the applications because they hired more people to make the process faster but I guess not . Yes yes yes in gods willing I hope by the summer they are home with us !! We have been together for almost 3 years and we have a daughter who is 6 months that he hasn’t been able to meet its very sad 😢 

Have you thought of visiting him? Look up Skyscanner and pick your dates - nothing like spending time together to stop the clock of separation time. Visits are allowed while the waiver is processed.

Timeline
2 hours ago, Lemonslice said:

Have you thought of visiting him? Look up Skyscanner and pick your dates - nothing like spending time together to stop the clock of separation time. Visits are allowed while the waiver is processed.

Visiting will be great but with the baby my expenses have increased and spent all savings and extra money to pay the immigration lawyer  , to travel to his country the ticket is very expensive . I’m trying to plan a trip sooner or later because the baby is growing and growing and he is missing a lot of moments that will never come back . All I hope is time goes by fast and by the summer we should be together . 

Edited by Elsalove2016

7 hours ago, Elsalove2016 said:

Visiting will be great but with the baby my expenses have increased and spent all savings and extra money to pay the immigration lawyer  , to travel to his country the ticket is very expensive . I’m trying to plan a trip sooner or later because the baby is growing and growing and he is missing a lot of moments that will never come back . All I hope is time goes by fast and by the summer we should be together . 

I hope that the process speeds up for all of us. It's too difficult being apart. xx

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Timeline
On 3/17/2019 at 1:05 AM, Alma1 said:

My I601 was received on June 20th 2018 is at Nebraska Uscis (I haven't hear anything yet)does anybody have heard anything? Do you know which date they are working on?

When I called for mine they told me now the waivers are taking 15 months from the day they received it . 

Timeline
On 4/6/2019 at 6:45 PM, Alma1 said:

Hope we receive good news soon in God willing, I'm wondering which month they are working on ,could you let me know when you hear anything.

Yes I hope to hear something soon . Mine was sent in May of 2018 and when I called to check they told me I should be hearing from them in August , so yeah roughly 15 months . I will let you know if I hear anything let’s pray all goes well 🙏

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.