Jump to content
Elsalove2016

Waiver for inadmisability 9 months or 15 Months ??

7 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

When I apply for the waiver for my fiancé due to his criminal record back in his country . The lawyer told me it was going to take around 8-9 months for uscis to make a decision , but today he  is telling me it’s taking  12 months or 15 months . Did the new administration had an impact in the time frame that immigration applications are being processed ?? Also for those who have submitted a waiver , I called uscis today and they told me that they are working on waivers that were sent on October of 2017 , so if you sent in a waiver in October of 2017 you should be hearing about the decision really soon . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Elsalove2016 said:

When I apply for the waiver for my fiancé due to his criminal record back in his country . The lawyer told me it was going to take around 8-9 months for uscis to make a decision , but today he  is telling me it’s taking  12 months or 15 months . Did the new administration had an impact in the time frame that immigration applications are being processed ?? Also for those who have submitted a waiver , I called uscis today and they told me that they are working on waivers that were sent on October of 2017 , so if you sent in a waiver in October of 2017 you should be hearing about the decision really soon . 

My husband and I are in the same situation. The waiver processing used to be 4-6 months. With this administration it's 12-15.5 months. We submitted our waiver last March 2018, so we are getting closer. It's very frustrating! Good luck to you both.xx

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/10/2019 at 11:44 PM, Ruthie said:

My husband and I are in the same situation. The waiver processing used to be 4-6 months. With this administration it's 12-15.5 months. We submitted our waiver last March 2018, so we are getting closer. It's very frustrating! Good luck to you both.xx

 

When I first was going to apply for his waiver people and even the lawyer were telling me 8 months and even that I thought it was a long time !!! And now this time frame it’s just so crazy it’s torture . Like I said though right now they are working on cases that were sent oct 2017 , so if you sent your case in March you should be hearing from them in about 5 months and me in 7 months 😩😩😩😩 good luck to both of us in gods willing . 🙏🙏🙏

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/12/2019 at 9:02 AM, Elsalove2016 said:

When I first was going to apply for his waiver people and even the lawyer were telling me 8 months and even that I thought it was a long time !!! And now this time frame it’s just so crazy it’s torture . Like I said though right now they are working on cases that were sent oct 2017 , so if you sent your case in March you should be hearing from them in about 5 months and me in 7 months 😩😩😩😩 good luck to both of us in gods willing . 🙏🙏🙏

Hopefully, it will be 12 months and we'll hear in March!  We've been married two years already and living on separate continents. Hopefully by the summer, all of us will be very happy! xx

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/10/2019 at 5:28 PM, kris&me said:

No 

the process is slower now because the number of applications has risen to over 6,000,000 applications a year

I don't think that information is accurate. Our lawyer has been doing this for a long time, and he says it's a completely different story with this administration. It's horrible. Where did you get the 6,000,000 number? The government doesn't even process that many people a year in the entire immigrant/naturalization pool. 

In fiscal year 2017, the United States issued 9,681,913 nonimmigrant visas and 559,536 immigrant visas. According to a preliminary report, 533,557 immigrant visas were issued in 2018. 

 

Roughly 500,000 are processed each year, not 6 million. 

Edited by Ruthie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×