SDH

January 2019 - AOS Filers (merged)

1,639 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hey guys 

I requested for expedited i765

and I receive mail to fax proof of my wife pregnancy due date Wich is end of August and job letter 

we have fax all proofs 

now how long it take to heard from USCIS??

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Hi,

I haven't gotten any mail yet since June 25th.

I heard that USCIS will update the case one more time again  and  let us know "interview was scheduled”.

Is my understanding correct?

I'm wondering when I can get a mail...

Regards,126268.thumb.jpg.1f3919c839d088baaa2fd5af74f41d24.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Lithuania
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Keyki said:

Hi,

I haven't gotten any mail yet since June 25th.

I heard that USCIS will update the case one more time again  and  let us know "interview was scheduled”.

Is my understanding correct?

I'm wondering when I can get a mail...

Regards,126268.thumb.jpg.1f3919c839d088baaa2fd5af74f41d24.jpg

I-485 depends on your local office which varies 8-26 months, so check on that on USCIS.gov -> check processing time-> i-485 (Family Based)-> choose your nearest USCIS office.

Yes you'll only get a status update on the EAD/AP online, and once you have it as approved/card being produced -  around a week to receive it.

on Adjustment of Status You'll get a status update "Interview has been scheduled" and in about a week you'll receive a letter from USCIS with directions where to go, what to bring, date (usually around a month from status change online)

Hope that helps

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
1 hour ago, The_Empyrean said:

I-485 depends on your local office which varies 8-26 months, so check on that on USCIS.gov -> check processing time-> i-485 (Family Based)-> choose your nearest USCIS office.

Yes you'll only get a status update on the EAD/AP online, and once you have it as approved/card being produced -  around a week to receive it.

on Adjustment of Status You'll get a status update "Interview has been scheduled" and in about a week you'll receive a letter from USCIS with directions where to go, what to bring, date (usually around a month from status change online)

Hope that helps

Thank you so much for your prompt reply.

I highly appreciate it.

Hi guys, I want to share with you my GOOD NEWS!!! And hope that help you guys keep going and motivated. I just received my green card yesterday July 12!!! I will put below all the details of my time line. P.s.: after getting the green card, EAD and AP GET canceled (benefits given from other means); didn’t expedite.

Docs sent - Jan 19

Lock received- Jan 23

Call uscis- feb 06 ( they had the numbers already)

Text and email- feb 07

Hard copy noa1- feb 12

Biométric mail- feb 15

Biometric schedule - feb 25

Case ready to schedule interview - +- may13

Interview has been scheduled - May 17 - don’t remember when the letter arrived probably 1week after

Interview- June 27

New card is been produced- June 28

Approval notice of interview-July 05

Card was mailed to me- July 8

Card was picked up by Usps - July 9

Card received- July 12

p.s.: after the “new card is being....” I got weird status in between the other like “ interview was scheduled “ “interview was canceled “ kept changing every day including when it was something tha makes sense like “card was mailed”, so I like it was some bug it the app. Sharing just in case someone goes to the same stuff.

1 minute ago, manekh said:

Hi guys, I want to share with you my GOOD NEWS!!! And hope that help you guys keep going and motivated. I just received my green card yesterday July 12!!! I will put below all the details of my time line. P.s.: after getting the green card, EAD and AP GET canceled (benefits given from other means); didn’t expedite.

Docs sent - Jan 19

Lock received- Jan 23

Call uscis- feb 06 ( they had the numbers already)

Text and email- feb 07

Hard copy noa1- feb 12

Biométric mail- feb 15

Biometric schedule - feb 25

Case ready to schedule interview - +- may13

Interview has been scheduled - May 17 - don’t remember when the letter arrived probably 1week after

Interview- June 27

New card is been produced- June 28

Approval notice of interview-July 05

Card was mailed to me- July 8

Card was picked up by Usps - July 9

Card received- July 12

p.s.: after the “new card is being....” I got weird status in between the other like “ interview was scheduled “ “interview was canceled “ kept changing every day including when it was something tha makes sense like “card was mailed”, so I like it was some bug it the app. Sharing just in case someone goes to the same stuff.

Sorry about the big letter couldn’t put smaller( I copy and paste)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline
3 hours ago, Roo&Bear said:

Received my “Interview Scheduled” notice today for my AOS. August 12th is the date. I wonder if my EAD/AP will arrive before that date lol 😂 

When your GC get approved, your ead/ap will be concealed. But your ead/ap is still in queue for approval. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
4 hours ago, Bluewaters said:

When your GC get approved, your ead/ap will be concealed. But your ead/ap is still in queue for approval. 

Yep realise that, was just commenting on how my green card may come through before what are really supposed to be temporary measures whilst the AOS is processed

Timeline
20 hours ago, Marion63 said:

My EAD card came today.. yeah..

Congratulations. Do you have your ssn already or you check on the EAD application form for the SSN? 

Timeline

Good morning January filers, wishing all those still waiting for an update on their case whether ead/ap approvals or scheduling of gc interviews best of luck. I hope this week brings more approvals. 

Please, how long does it take to receive SSN after receiving EAD

Or do I have to go to a near by SSA office? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Lithuania
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Bluewaters said:

Good morning January filers, wishing all those still waiting for an update on their case whether ead/ap approvals or scheduling of gc interviews best of luck. I hope this week brings more approvals. 

Please, how long does it take to receive SSN after receiving EAD

Or do I have to go to a near by SSA office? 

If you ticked the SS box in EAD application, it should follow soon, call up SSA and ask them.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.