SDH

January 2019 - AOS Filers (merged)

1,639 posts in this topic

20 hours ago, Northerndynasty said:

Posted this somewhere else, but going to repost here.  Anyone with any legit/factual feedback???  TYIA...

So, in my case, as the person BEING sponsored, I am clearly the high-income earner (although, $65K-75K for the last several years on a TN certainly doesn't make me "high income", but higher than my wife - the sponsor).  I wonder how they will be treating our case.  We haven't heard anything regarding the income issues.  I actually work in US Government, and have been employed (under TN authorization) in my field for many years, earning about the same (remember, this is Government!) for the various entities I have been employed with (Local, Municipal, County, etc).  My wife, the sponsor, does not have a very high income at all, but clearly my income is substantially higher than hers.

Wonder how that will play out?

I am in the same boat, using my income only as my US wife doesn't work. According to many sources I've researched, the intending immigrant can use their income to meet the requirements.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
14 minutes ago, LirikBlaidd87 said:

I am in the same boat, using my income only as my US wife doesn't work. According to many sources I've researched, the intending immigrant can use their income to meet the requirements.

Yep, sure is sounding that way.  Good to know!  :)  Thanks for sharing your experience.  :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
On 3/15/2019 at 10:11 AM, GP1977 said:

Got an update last night that our case is ready for an interview. Baltimore is backed up so it will probably be awhile.

noa1: Jan 11

rfe: Jan 29

Hi did you got any  update after fingerprint ?? 

My fingerprint done on 02/14/2019 

after that no update on website still say fingerprint fee receive 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Just now, mital said:

Hi did you got any  update after fingerprint ?? 

My fingerprint done on 02/14/2019 

after that no update on website still say fingerprint fee receive 

After I did the fingerprint it changed to fingerprint review completed within a day or 2 and then a few days later it said response to rfe received. And then I just got the ready for interview.

Timeline
1 minute ago, GP1977 said:

After I did the fingerprint it changed to fingerprint review completed within a day or 2 and then a few days later it said response to rfe received. And then I just got the ready for interview.

Congratulations 👏🏻👏🏻 My it been 4 week still say fee receive 😔

Timeline
1 minute ago, mital said:

Congratulations 👏🏻👏🏻 My it been 4 week still say fee receive 😔

Thank you but I’m not too excited. We’re in the Balt field office and they are really backed up. I think it could be up to a year for an interview. We have a ton of illegals and lots of Daca receipients and dreamers so Maybe that’s why it’s backed up. They definitely have their hands full and our wonderful mayor and city govt has their arms wide open for illegals to come to Baltimore.

I have heard that some people aren’t getting updates so maybe that’s the issue?  Anyone remember the silent noa2’s?

Timeline
3 minutes ago, GP1977 said:

Thank you but I’m not too excited. We’re in the Balt field office and they are really backed up. I think it could be up to a year for an interview. We have a ton of illegals and lots of Daca receipients and dreamers so Maybe that’s why it’s backed up. They definitely have their hands full and our wonderful mayor and city govt has their arms wide open for illegals to come to Baltimore.

I have heard that some people aren’t getting updates so maybe that’s the issue?  Anyone remember the silent noa2’s?

Nah I don’t know  I didn heard

I m living Salisbury Maryland so I may get Baltimore interview 

Timeline
33 minutes ago, mital said:

Nah I don’t know  I didn heard

I m living Salisbury Maryland so I may get Baltimore interview 

Your field office is Baltimore as well.

I just checked again and Normal processing time is 9.5 months to 22 months. I knew it was long and had just blocked it out. Really just want to get the AP. Green card will come eventually but it’s not a “I need this right now”

Timeline
1 hour ago, GP1977 said:

Your field office is Baltimore as well.

I just checked again and Normal processing time is 9.5 months to 22 months. I knew it was long and had just blocked it out. Really just want to get the AP. Green card will come eventually but it’s not a “I need this right now”

i did everything by rapid visa and they sent my file to Chicago  and they say to me k1 may not get interview 

Timeline
Just now, mital said:

i did everything by rapid visa and they sent my file to Chicago  and they say to me k1 may not get interview 

Yes everyone has their case sent to Chicago and then when it’s ready for an interview it’s sent to the local field office.

Unfortunately all k1’s seem to be getting interviews when adjusting to status. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Also used rapid visa.  Just got a RFE in the mail today.  It says something about the I-864 but I am positive that step daughter's I-184 was 100% complete. Biometrics next week.

A
I-129F Sent : 2017-06-25

I-129F NOA1 :

I-129F RFE GENERATED

I-129F RFE sent back

I-129F RFE RCVD by USCIS
I-129F NOA2:    2018-04-11

2017-06-29

2018-02-15 

2018-02-28

2018-03-01

NVC Received Date:               2018-04-20       

NVC Case No. assigned:       2018-04-30

NVC Depart Date:                    2018-05-16

Interview Date:                        2018-07-26

Interview Result:                     APPROVED

Visa Received:                         2018-08-03

Arrival Date:                             2018-08-27

AOS filed:                                 2019-02-28

Biometric Appt:                       2019-03-27

AOS Interview:                        2019-08-06

Result: Approved

Green Card Received             2019-08-21

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Lithuania
Timeline
9 hours ago, mital said:

RapidVisa has very.. umm.. split opinions about their services. Some get in trouble because of them forgetting a document, or filling out the forms wrong, some have no trouble. But i heard they try to create a view of them hurrying processing of the visa, GC. Not true. Nothing apart expedited case can be "hurried", only with legitimate reason posted on USCIS website.

DEFINITELY you're getting an interview, that decision was made late 2018. only very tiny percentage gets interview waivers (less than 5%). I think there are more chances now to be visited by USCIS at random, than getting an interview waiver, and we know how rare they home visit.

My income is above the 125% but only by a couple grands, savings might have helped. Though i could've had a co-sponsor, seems like they didn't have a problem with me sponsoring (no mortgage, credits, leases, financed cars or loans)

i think around June, maybe May we should start seeing people receiving the EAD/AP combo cards, or at least "cards being produced".

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Just when I wanted to be excited about hearing “something” on my case, I got an email just to tell me...

“We are still reviewing your case, and there are no updates at this time.  We will notify you when your case status changes.  We last took action on your case on March 5, 2019.”

Bummer...teaser...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Lithuania
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Northerndynasty said:

Just when I wanted to be excited about hearing “something” on my case, I got an email just to tell me...

“We are still reviewing your case, and there are no updates at this time.  We will notify you when your case status changes.  We last took action on your case on March 5, 2019.”

Bummer...teaser...

you got " " something " " at least. :whistle:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.