SDH

January 2019 - AOS Filers (merged)

1,639 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Can we surmise, that if your Biometrics were assigned and taken at the Biometrics place closest to where you live, that the case has already been received by your Local Processing office?

Trying to get a grasp as to whether or not my Local Processing office even has our case yet?  Bio's done 3/4 and review completed 3/6.  It would seem "logical" that they would, given that stage...but I don't know.  

Anyone out there venture a guess?

2 hours ago, Northerndynasty said:

Can we surmise, that if your Biometrics were assigned and taken at the Biometrics place closest to where you live, that the case has already been received by your Local Processing office?

Trying to get a grasp as to whether or not my Local Processing office even has our case yet?  Bio's done 3/4 and review completed 3/6.  It would seem "logical" that they would, given that stage...but I don't know.  

Anyone out there venture a guess?

Pretty sure your case remains at the National Benefits Center in Missouri at least until you see the "Ready to be Scheduled for an interview" update (if you're lucky to get any updates). I got my biometrics done on December 26th, and got my first update last week, on day 101 from filing...Now when I call and try hear my status over the automated phone system it no longer says "this case is in Lee Summit, Missouri." Nope - it tells me it can't locate any details for my case at all! 😂 Not one moment of this process is logical so I've basically given up wondering how it all works. Try doing that automated phone thing and plug in your AOS case number, and see whether it tells you where the case is. Phone number is 1-800-375-5283, then press 1 for English, then 1 again, then 1 again and enter your case number :) 

• 10/30/2018 POE on K-1 visa
  • 12/03/2018 Married 😍
  • 12/07/2018 Sent AOS, EAD and AP forms 
  • 12/13/2018 NOA1
  • 12/21/2018 Received Biometrics appointment letter
  • 12/26/2018 Successful walk-in biometrics 
  • 03/20/2019 USCIS online case status for I-485 changed to "Case is Ready to be Scheduled for an Interview" 
  • 06/10/2019 EAD/AP expedite request submitted with evidence through Congressman's office
  • 06/17/2019 New Card is Being Produced! (EAD)
  • 11/15/2019 Interview! Approved 4 hours later
  • 11/23/2019 Received Green Card in the mail
  • 8/19/2021 Sent Removal of Conditions form
  • 8/24/2021 Application received, NOA1
  • 10/25/2021 Received biometrics waiver (dated 10/21/21)
  • 11/22/2021 Received 24-month extension letter
  • 11/7/2022 Filed N-400 Online
  • 4/6/2023 Naturalization Interview
  • 5/12/2023 Oath Ceremony

53 minutes ago, Bambi_Eyes9390 said:

Hey guys,

does anyone know what website you can track the status of your AOS application on? 

Just wondering!!

https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do is the "old site" that people here talk about. It's the only place where I've received any update.

https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/ is the "new site" where you can make an account

• 12/03/2018 Married 😍
  • 12/13/2018 NOA1
  • 03/20/2019 USCIS online case status for I-485 changed to "Case is Ready to be Scheduled for an Interview" 
  • 06/10/2019 EAD/AP expedite request submitted with evidence through Congressman's office

Timeline
1 hour ago, ITMFA said:

Pretty sure your case remains at the National Benefits Center in Missouri at least until you see the "Ready to be Scheduled for an interview" update (if you're lucky to get any updates). I got my biometrics done on December 26th, and got my first update last week, on day 101 from filing...Now when I call and try hear my status over the automated phone system it no longer says "this case is in Lee Summit, Missouri." Nope - it tells me it can't locate any details for my case at all! 😂 Not one moment of this process is logical so I've basically given up wondering how it all works. Try doing that automated phone thing and plug in your AOS case number, and see whether it tells you where the case is. Phone number is 1-800-375-5283, then press 1 for English, then 1 again, then 1 again and enter your case number :) 

Definitely appreciate the first-hand experience, and candor.  This is so true.  Going to call the 800# and check what the automated service has to say before I call and try to speak with an actual human there.  ** sigh **

Thanks again!

Timeline
1 hour ago, ITMFA said:

https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do is the "old site" that people here talk about. It's the only place where I've received any update.

https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/ is the "new site" where you can make an account

And ironically, the my.uscis.gov site is the only site I've received any updates....which is the new site.  You're right...this whole updating thing is not a very accurate status.  Dialing the 800# now...

Timeline
1 hour ago, ITMFA said:

800# mimicked all online updates.  Guess nothing for now...ugh!   Still in Lee Summit, Missouri.  I take it, that means the case hasn't even moved to my Local Processing Office yet????????

1 minute ago, Northerndynasty said:

800# mimicked all online updates.  Guess nothing for now...ugh!   Still in Lee Summit, Missouri.  I take it, that means the case hasn't even moved to my Local Processing Office yet????????

correct! I'm assuming that mine is in between because i did get an update and now they can't find it in the automatic system. Time to just chill and enjoy your spouse and the weather in Texas before summer starts ;) (I went to college in Houston so I know...)

• 12/03/2018 Married 😍
  • 12/13/2018 NOA1

Timeline
35 minutes ago, ITMFA said:

correct! I'm assuming that mine is in between because i did get an update and now they can't find it in the automatic system. Time to just chill and enjoy your spouse and the weather in Texas before summer starts ;) (I went to college in Houston so I know...)

Yeah...this is my second stint in Texas, now in Houston (previous in the Hill Country), so I'm familiar with the heat.  Ironically, I LOVE LOVE LOVE the heat!  I do a lot of cycling and actually thrive in the heat.  Absolutely, positively, HATE the cold.  Anything above 80 is my kind of living!  Haha!

The bad news is, if it's still in Missouri, it hasn't even reached the Local Processing office?!  Does that mean not even the EAD or AP are even processing yet?!  Dang it!  Ugh!

Edited by Northerndynasty

22 minutes ago, Northerndynasty said:

Yeah...this is my second stint in Texas, now in Houston (previous in the Hill Country), so I'm familiar with the heat.  Ironically, I LOVE LOVE LOVE the heat!  I do a lot of cycling and actually thrive in the heat.  Absolutely, positively, HATE the cold.  Anything above 80 is my kind of living!  Haha!

The bad news is, if it's still in Missouri, it hasn't even reached the Local Processing office?!  Does that mean not even the EAD or AP are even processing yet?!  Dang it!  Ugh!

Haha I lived in Houston 4 years then Miami 4 years and I loved it too, but now I'm enjoying the seasons again! I also do a lot of cycling as we don't own a car!

EAD and AP do not get transferred to local processing - just the AOS application. The others are processed at the Missouri center. I've been living back in the US since coming in on the K-1 in October 2018, and we're having our second wedding celebration in Canada with all our friends and family members in August 2019. Everyone kept asking why we had to have it 8 months after our courthouse wedding...nobody quite understands how long this all takes. My new tactic is to check on my cases once per day, and then get on with my life. I know everyone's circumstances are different, but unless you have a good reason to expedite you have to just sit and wait it out. Keep the good vibes alive! 

Edited by ITMFA
  • 12/03/2018 Married 😍
  • 12/13/2018 NOA1

Timeline
23 minutes ago, ITMFA said:

Haha I lived in Houston 4 years then Miami 4 years and I loved it too, but now I'm enjoying the seasons again! I also do a lot of cycling as we don't own a car!

EAD and AP do not get transferred to local processing - just the AOS application. The others are processed at the Missouri center. I've been living back in the US since coming in on the K-1 in October 2018, and we're having our second wedding celebration in Canada with all our friends and family members in August 2019. Everyone kept asking why we had to have it 8 months after our courthouse wedding...nobody quite understands how long this all takes. My new tactic is to check on my cases once per day, and then get on with my life. I know everyone's circumstances are different, but unless you have a good reason to expedite you have to just sit and wait it out. Keep the good vibes alive! 

Wow....talk about a small World...  Left Texas for Miami Beach (No kidding!), then got tired of the "lifestyle" in MB, and escaped back to Texas.  Just...not a Texan, never will be, and I'm married to a Florida Girl.  Therefore, it's BACK to Florida for us!

I don't even check daily, but definitely do on Fridays and Mondays.  One day, I guess.... 

EAD and AP are processed in Missouri, eh?  Ok...that's at least not a "bad" thing then that it's still there.  Or at least, part of it is.  We're striving to get back to Florida by July/August for school, so we really need to hear on the EAD (at the least)...

I wonder if my daughter being accepted to a Specialized High School and needing to start in by August will be justification for an expedite?  I'm also on a TN, and it comes due, coincidentally, in August, as well.  Where I work, (as I would expect it would be like anywhere to be honest), the moment I'm not under a valid TN I will prohibited from working.  That's NOT good!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Just for everybody who are looking for updates.

Just got an update tonight on Case Tracker that Case is Ready to be Scheduled for an Interview.  Did not check the new site. Filed my application at the beginning of January and Biometrics done on February 11th. However, no updates on the EAD/AP.  I was in the group that was getting no updates on anything.  So at least the major updates seem to be going through. 

Hopefully this will be some encouragement for people who ewere discouraged by not getting the updates. Hang in there everybody.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
15 hours ago, Northerndynasty said:

Out of curiosity, do you have a “fingerprint review complete” status on your AP application? I’ve only got that status on the AOS and EAD, and it’s still “case received” for AP. Is that what you all have?

Timeline
7 minutes ago, nikki1992 said:

Out of curiosity, do you have a “fingerprint review complete” status on your AP application? I’ve only got that status on the AOS and EAD, and it’s still “case received” for AP. Is that what you all have?

Actually, I only have it on my I-485 app portion (Fingerprint Review Complete), even though I've applied for EAD and AP as well.  Those two just say "Case Received" still.

I know I said I was going to call yesterday, but I resisted in my belief that what was online is what is all that there is so far.  Maybe I should still call.............

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Northerndynasty said:

Actually, I only have it on my I-485 app portion (Fingerprint Review Complete), even though I've applied for EAD and AP as well.  Those two just say "Case Received" still.

I know I said I was going to call yesterday, but I resisted in my belief that what was online is what is all that there is so far.  Maybe I should still call.............

Okay that makes me feel a little better then! Was worried they missed it or something, but sounds like you’ve got a similar thing.

You could try the automated system. That matches what is on the old site for me. The new site has everything as case received and nothing else 🙄

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.