453 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Scaret_e said:

Oh ok thanks for the information. 

By the way where was your i-130 service at?

how did you get yours approve by 80 days. ?

I was sent to Potomac. They move really quickly. I didnt do anything. Only a lot of prayers.

I just got my approval in the mail in April 

On 5/24/2019 at 10:25 AM, IndiaAnnie said:

I finally reached NVC yesterday after 2hr hold and confirmed that they received my case on 5/22 for entry and she told me it could take up to 8wks (🙄) to receive the email. I feel better just knowing it finally arrived. I know based on others experience that the case email will now arrive in the coming weeks!!

I'm sorry that your daughters case was separated...that's absurd. I think you should send an email to the NVC expedite alias (nvcexpedite@state.gov) with your petition number and highlight the missing case number (vs. the two you received) and request urgent assistance. Request that they expedite the missing case so you can process the family applications together and see what they tell you. 

Note: Attach scanned copy of NOA2, other case emails and a written request request for expedite of the third case in order to process the girls together (call out any additional reasons that may meet expedite criteria).

I hope they respond with assistance!!

There are folks who are expedited and are waiting 5 weeks for interviews. If the case is expedited its 100% up to the embassy. 

Where is your embassy located?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
9 minutes ago, GabLuc said:

There are folks who are expedited and are waiting 5 weeks for interviews. If the case is expedited its 100% up to the embassy. 

Where is your embassy located?

@GabLuc Not sure if that was for me but we're expediting at NVC for payment and document upload next two weeks and then once clear we'll be at the mercy of the Mumbai embassy for our final interview date (and bio/medical again). I'll be ecstatic if we can get to the embassy in July personally!! 😉 We shall see how it goes this time around...

Just now, IndiaAnnie said:

@GabLuc Not sure if that was for me but we're expediting at NVC for payment and document upload next two weeks and then once clear we'll be at the mercy of the Mumbai embassy for our final interview date (and bio/medical again). I'll be ecstatic if we can get to the embassy in July personally!! 😉 We shall see how it goes this time around...

Oh i didnt know you can expedite payment and doc upload. I did payment on Tues May 14, payment was cleared Fri May 17. We did doc upload Sat May 18 and everything was accepted Mon May 20. 

Thats without an expedite request. 

2 minutes ago, IndiaAnnie said:

It takes 5 days not counting weekends to complete the NVC stage once you upload everything in correct order. 

We labeled our docs clearly when we called every rep told us how organized our case was. 

Now we're waiting for an interview date.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
15 hours ago, GabLuc said:

Thats texas service center. 

You won't hear from them for about 9 months. 

Oh gosh 9 months that is forever waiting, I file for my mom and dad early  Feburary I hope I hear something soon.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
23 hours ago, GabLuc said:

I was sent to Potomac. They move really quickly. I didnt do anything. Only a lot of prayers.

I just got my approval in the mail in April 

Ok thank so much for the information. 

Jus hope mines come sooner then expected finger cross. 

So basically waiting on my approval correct ?

10 hours ago, Scaret_e said:

Ok thank so much for the information. 

Jus hope mines come sooner then expected finger cross. 

So basically waiting on my approval correct ?

Yes you are. 

45 minutes ago, Scaret_e said:

So when it’s get approve next step is I-84?

Begin NVC processing, you wil get an email about 5-6 weeks after your approval with a case number to log onto CEAC to pay affidavit of support fees and immigrant visa fees. That takes about 3 daya to clear then you can do the immigrant visa application and affidavit of support and submit supporting docs.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
22 minutes ago, GabLuc said:

Begin NVC processing, you wil get an email about 5-6 weeks after your approval with a case number to log onto CEAC to pay affidavit of support fees and immigrant visa fees. That takes about 3 daya to clear then you can do the immigrant visa application and affidavit of support and submit supporting docs.

Well I Hired a lawyer for my spousal visa

They should be able to give me the answer as well. My lawyer has my affidavit of support already ( documents ) such as my taxes form last year and 2017 

Hello we filed in January and received our approval in April. Today I got the email that the NVC has received our case and I paid the next round of fees. I am waiting for the payments to clear so that I can start submitting documents online. I am so excited, we are hoping to get him here before Christmas!

FILE USA TAX RETURNS: I just wanted everyone to know that I was able to file my USA tax return this year adding my wife on my return and applying for her ITIN number at the same time. Our PD date is January 2019 so hopefully this helps during the NVC phase. We filed married jointly without any problems. It took about 3 months to get the ITIN number, and now the tax return is processing and should be complete in 2 weeks. I just wanted to share my story for those that are considering filing taxes next year and want to add your spouse to prove more bonafide marriage evidence. So regardless of what you hear you can file a joint tax return even if your wife VISA is still pending or not approve.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.