Jump to content
VFittipaldi

Filing under 3 year rule, what document to send

19 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hi, we will be filing for my wife to get a citizenship and we want to do it under the 3 year rule so we have to submit a lot of evidence. Please help with what documents to send also we will try to apply online which i have never done before, has anyone had any experience with this also? Do you upload pdf files of evidence when you are applying?

These are the evidence documents we want to include, your input is appreciated. Thank you. 

Marriage certificate

Citizenship Certificate

Birth certificate for our child

IRS Tax transcripts(by the way the IRS now only includes the last 4 characters of the SSN and first 4 of the last name and first 6 of the address so most of the name infor on the transcripts in blank out)

Car registration/insurance

Rental agreement

Bank statements 

Utilities(electric, water, gas)

 

Thank you. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My wife filed under the 3 year rule and we only submitted the required evidence outlined in the N400 instructions (page 10) which consisted of the marriage certificate and copy of the I551 GC (item 1 and 4 did not apply to us).  We took all the other documents with us to the Interview and she had no issues.

 

That being said, you can certainly include everything on your list, but make sure you include a copy of the GC which was not on your list.  Btw, have you also filed for the ROC?  

 

Good Luck!


Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, VFittipaldi said:

Do you upload pdf files of evidence when you are applying?

If applying online, your documents can be uploaded in PDF, JPEG, MSWord, and a couple of other formats.

 

As you go through the application online, it will prompt you to upload specific required documents depending on how you answer certain questions (for example, if you answer "yes" to the criminal history part, you will be prompted to upload relating court documents...if you answer "yes" to specific marriage-related questions---since you are applying under the 3-year rule----it will prompt you to upload final divorce decrees from any past marriages).  


Applied for Naturalization based on 5-year Residency - 96 Days To Complete Citizenship!

July 14, 2017 (Day 00) -  Submitted N400 Application, filed online

July 21, 2017 (Day 07) -  NOA Receipt received in the mail

July 22, 2017 (Day 08) - Biometrics appointment scheduled online, letter mailed out

July 25, 2017 (Day 11) - Biometrics PDF posted online

July 28, 2017 (Day 14) - Biometrics letter received in the mail, appointment for 08/08/17

Aug 08, 2017 (Day 24) - Biometrics (fingerprinting) completed

Aug 14, 2017 (Day 30) - Online EGOV status shows "Interview Scheduled, will mail appointment letter"

Aug 16, 2017 (Day 32) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Interview Scheduled, read the letter we mailed you..."

Aug 17, 2017 (Day 33) - Interview Appointment Letter PDF posted online---GOT AN INTERVIEW DATE!!!

Aug 21, 2017 (Day 37) - Interview Appointment Letter received in the mail, appointment for 09/27/17

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Naturalization Interview--- read my experience here

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Oath Ceremony Notice mailed"

Sep. 28, 2017 (Day 75) - Oath Ceremony Letter PDF posted online--Ceremony for 10/19/17

Oct. 02, 2017 (Day 79) -  Oath Ceremony Letter received in the mail

Oct. 19, 2017 (Day 96) -  Oath Ceremony-- read my experience here

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Bill & Katya said:

My wife filed under the 3 year rule and we only submitted the required evidence outlined in the N400 instructions (page 10) which consisted of the marriage certificate and copy of the I551 GC (item 1 and 4 did not apply to us).  We took all the other documents with us to the Interview and she had no issues.

 

That being said, you can certainly include everything on your list, but make sure you include a copy of the GC which was not on your list.  Btw, have you also filed for the ROC?  

 

Good Luck!

Yes she just got her 10 year GC few months ago. Thanks for the input

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Going through said:

If applying online, your documents can be uploaded in PDF, JPEG, MSWord, and a couple of other formats.

 

As you go through the application online, it will prompt you to upload specific required documents depending on how you answer certain questions (for example, if you answer "yes" to the criminal history part, you will be prompted to upload relating court documents...if you answer "yes" to specific marriage-related questions---since you are applying under the 3-year rule----it will prompt you to upload final divorce decrees from any past marriages).  

Ok i see how that works. Thank you for making it clear

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dilip said:

Bank statement, car insurance , utility bills etc are over-killed.  You may take those during interview.  

It seems like it i see that. We sent so much stuff for the ROC that i thought i need the same stuff for the N400

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Our online filing seemed to speed everything up. Applied for naturalization online in March.  Interviewed in July. Husband became a citizen in September...all 2018.  So, if we did it again, we'd still choose online filing.  It also seems to reduce the amount of lost/missing documents.

 


ROC

3.6.2017     Mailed I-751

3.7.2017     NOA sent

3.23.2017   Biometrics Appointment

2.26.2018   I-751 Transferred to Local Office

3.5.2018     I-751 Received in Local Office

5.1.2018     Case Transferred; Preliminary Review Done; transferred to NBC in Lee's Summit, MO

5.3.2018     Case Transferred

7.24.2018   Joint interview approved

7.30.2018   Green Card received

Naturalization

3.15.2018   Filed N 400 Online

3.15.2018   USCIS sent the receipt

3.16.2018   USCIS sent biometrics letter

6.14.2018   Interview Notice sent

7.24.2018   Naturalization Interview; approved

9.26.2018   Oath Ceremony Scheduled

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, VFittipaldi said:

It seems like it i see that. We sent so much stuff for the ROC that i thought i need the same stuff for the N400

I know what you mean.  When my wife filed we thought the same thing, but reading the instructions I was amazed at how little required documents were required.  We only sent in what was asked for, and since you guys have already completed the ROC, I wouldn’t worry about all the commingling and relationship stuff.

 

Good Luck!


Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, VFittipaldi said:

Hi, we will be filing for my wife to get a citizenship and we want to do it under the 3 year rule so we have to submit a lot of evidence. Please help with what documents to send also we will try to apply online which i have never done before, has anyone had any experience with this also? Do you upload pdf files of evidence when you are applying?

These are the evidence documents we want to include, your input is appreciated. Thank you. 

Marriage certificate

Citizenship Certificate

Birth certificate for our child

IRS Tax transcripts(by the way the IRS now only includes the last 4 characters of the SSN and first 4 of the last name and first 6 of the address so most of the name infor on the transcripts in blank out)

Car registration/insurance

Rental agreement

Bank statements 

Utilities(electric, water, gas)

 

Thank you. 

 

I am trying to order our tax transcripts my husband is the head of the house hold and he is the one applying for us citizenship .. Each time we order them the last name is showing mine .. Why isnt it coming with my husbands last name ? We prefer that bcs he is applying for the N 400 and im a us citizen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, visaqueries said:

Our online filing seemed to speed everything up. Applied for naturalization online in March.  Interviewed in July. Husband became a citizen in September...all 2018.  So, if we did it again, we'd still choose online filing.  It also seems to reduce the amount of lost/missing documents.

 

I always hear that, but I think it is still office dependent.  My wife filed in January, had her interview in March and her Oath in June and she filed paper.  Doing it again, I would probably chose online, but I am not sure that it really matters.

Edited by Bill & Katya

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jasmine202 said:

I am trying to order our tax transcripts my husband is the head of the house hold and he is the one applying for us citizenship .. Each time we order them the last name is showing mine .. Why isnt it coming with my husbands last name ? We prefer that bcs he is applying for the N 400 and im a us citizen

I am not sure. I know only the last name of the head of the household shows up and than the SSN for each person shows on the form so they still see that the two of you are on there

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jasmine202 said:

I am trying to order our tax transcripts my husband is the head of the house hold and he is the one applying for us citizenship .. Each time we order them the last name is showing mine .. Why isnt it coming with my husbands last name ? We prefer that bcs he is applying for the N 400 and im a us citizen

Tax transcripts are not required to file the N400.  

 

Good Luck, and as a suggestion, you should probably ask this question as a separate thread to get more responses.


Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×