tiurzm

Removal of Condition I751 for young couple

11 posts in this topic

Hello everyone, I just got my social security number and I came to US with spouse visa CR1. I and my husband live with my husband's parents. We think about the next step: removal of condition I751. I know even though it's too early I just want to prepare everything.

As a young couple, what documents should we have for removal of condition? My parents in law pay for every bills (gas water trash electricity) and my husband is still their dependant on their tax return. They support us financially even though my husband also works as a part time worker and he is also an university student. Do you have the same experience like this? 

Thank you

Get joint credit cards, joint bills, he should stop being on their tax return and you should file married (jointly or separately.), even if you two choose to live with your in laws you should create some sort of lease and contribute to bills and pay a little each month.  At the very least this allows you some independence. 

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Agreed. Y’all need to start filing taxes as married. That’s one of the first things they look for is tax returns.

Start helping with the bills where you can, like the above said have some form of written agreement about the living situation. Open a joint checking account and if there are credit cards make sure you’re on each other’s cards.

anything that both of your names are on (insurance, car title, loan, bank account, bills, etc) is what you are looking for.

*More detailed timeline in profile!*

Relationship:     Friends since 2010, Together since 2013

K-1:   2015 Done in 208 days - 212g for Second Cosponsor    

Spoiler

04/27/15- NOA1 Recieved                                                    
06/02/15 - NOA2 Recieved
09/22/15 - Interview       (221g for more documents (a SECOND cosponsor), see profile for more details!)                                            
11/09/15 -  ISSUED!!                                                              
11/10/15 - Passport received                                                
02/20/16 - Wedding!              

AOS:   2016 Done in 77 days - No RFE, No Interview                                                                    

Spoiler

04/08/16 - I-485, I-765, I-131 AOS Application recieved by USCIS
04/12/16 - 3 NOA1's received in mail
05/14/16 - Biometrics for AOS and EAD
06/27/16 - I-485 Case to changed to "New Card being produced"  (Day 77)
06/27/16 - I-485 Case changed to Approved! (Day 77)
06/30/16 - I-485 Case changed to "My Card has been mailed to me!"
07/05/16 - Green Card received in mail! 

ROC:   2018 - 2019 Done in 326 days - No RFE, No Interview

Spoiler

05/09/18 - Mailed out ROC to CSC

05/10/18 - CSC Signed and received ROC package
06/07/28 - NOA1 

06/11/18 - Check cashed

06/15/18 - NOA received in the mail
08/27/18 - 18 month extension received (Courtesy Copy)

09/18/18 - Request for official 18 month extension
10/22/18 - Official 18 month extension received 

02/27/19 - Biometrics waived 

04/29/19 - New card being produced!
05/09/19 - USPS delivered green card! In hand now!

2 hours ago, NikLR said:

Get joint credit cards, joint bills, he should stop being on their tax return and you should file married (jointly or separately.), even if you two choose to live with your in laws you should create some sort of lease and contribute to bills and pay a little each month.  At the very least this allows you some independence. 

Oh I see, so we should have something that have our names on it right? So I got my social security number this month, December. What month and year do I need to file I-751?

Iam confused here, some people say I should file before my second anniversary so it will be like next year. This month is our first anniversary. And what I know it's 2 years green card. 

Thank you before

2 hours ago, Ash.1101 said:

Agreed. Y’all need to start filing taxes as married. That’s one of the first things they look for is tax returns.

Start helping with the bills where you can, like the above said have some form of written agreement about the living situation. Open a joint checking account and if there are credit cards make sure you’re on each other’s cards.

anything that both of your names are on (insurance, car title, loan, bank account, bills, etc) is what you are looking for.

Oh I see, have you filed I-751? Thank you for your help 

1 hour ago, tiurzm said:

Oh I see, so we should have something that have our names on it right? So I got my social security number this month, December. What month and year do I need to file I-751?

Iam confused here, some people say I should file before my second anniversary so it will be like next year. This month is our first anniversary. And what I know it's 2 years green card. 

Thank you before

You file the I-751 up to 90 days before the expiration on your green card. 

So between 90 days before up to the day it expires.

Edited by NikLR

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Moved from IR-1/CR-1 Progress Reports to Removing Conditions on Residency Discussion.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

14 hours ago, tiurzm said:

Oh I see, have you filed I-751? Thank you for your help 

Yes, ours is filed as of May.

Our list of proof for ROC is:

Joint Car loan for 2016 Nissan Rogue in both our names
Joint Car loan for 2016 Hyundai Accent in both our names

Document showing we are each others  beneficiaries for our own 401Ks and stock plans

Documents showing we are each others beneficiary to life insurance plans

2016 and 2017 tax returns filled jointly

Cable bill in his name to our home address

Electric bill in my name to our home address

Paystubs showing same home address

Apartment lease in both of our names for 2017 and 2018

School registration showing that he is an emergency contact for my daughter

Car insurance in both of our names
Renters insurance in his name for the house

Joint bank account where all of the money goes in both of our names

Christmas cards addressed to us

Pictures of us on vacation, out with my daughter, family gatherings etc.

Hotel bill from vacation

And then if we get RFE'd for a lease for 2016, I'm going to send a statement saying that I never had him added onto my apartment lease, but we have his drivers license with that address showing he lived there. It also was the addressed used for AOS and the entire K-1 process.
And then if we need more proof we'll add adoption of two cats, cell phone activity showing how much we text and talk, copy of records showing he can take my daughter to doctors appointments as an approved adult, updated info of anything out of date by the time they get to the case, statements from family and friends, and anything else I can find.

*More detailed timeline in profile!*

Relationship:     Friends since 2010, Together since 2013

K-1:   2015 Done in 208 days - 212g for Second Cosponsor    

Spoiler

04/27/15- NOA1 Recieved                                                    
06/02/15 - NOA2 Recieved
09/22/15 - Interview       (221g for more documents (a SECOND cosponsor), see profile for more details!)                                            
11/09/15 -  ISSUED!!                                                              
11/10/15 - Passport received                                                
02/20/16 - Wedding!              

AOS:   2016 Done in 77 days - No RFE, No Interview                                                                    

Spoiler

04/08/16 - I-485, I-765, I-131 AOS Application recieved by USCIS
04/12/16 - 3 NOA1's received in mail
05/14/16 - Biometrics for AOS and EAD
06/27/16 - I-485 Case to changed to "New Card being produced"  (Day 77)
06/27/16 - I-485 Case changed to Approved! (Day 77)
06/30/16 - I-485 Case changed to "My Card has been mailed to me!"
07/05/16 - Green Card received in mail! 

ROC:   2018 - 2019 Done in 326 days - No RFE, No Interview

Spoiler

05/09/18 - Mailed out ROC to CSC

05/10/18 - CSC Signed and received ROC package
06/07/28 - NOA1 

06/11/18 - Check cashed

06/15/18 - NOA received in the mail
08/27/18 - 18 month extension received (Courtesy Copy)

09/18/18 - Request for official 18 month extension
10/22/18 - Official 18 month extension received 

02/27/19 - Biometrics waived 

04/29/19 - New card being produced!
05/09/19 - USPS delivered green card! In hand now!

12 hours ago, Ash.1101 said:

Yes, ours is filed as of May.

Our list of proof for ROC is:

Joint Car loan for 2016 Nissan Rogue in both our names
Joint Car loan for 2016 Hyundai Accent in both our names

Document showing we are each others  beneficiaries for our own 401Ks and stock plans

Documents showing we are each others beneficiary to life insurance plans

2016 and 2017 tax returns filled jointly

Cable bill in his name to our home address

Electric bill in my name to our home address

Paystubs showing same home address

Apartment lease in both of our names for 2017 and 2018

School registration showing that he is an emergency contact for my daughter

Car insurance in both of our names
Renters insurance in his name for the house

Joint bank account where all of the money goes in both of our names

Christmas cards addressed to us

Pictures of us on vacation, out with my daughter, family gatherings etc.

Hotel bill from vacation

And then if we get RFE'd for a lease for 2016, I'm going to send a statement saying that I never had him added onto my apartment lease, but we have his drivers license with that address showing he lived there. It also was the addressed used for AOS and the entire K-1 process.
And then if we need more proof we'll add adoption of two cats, cell phone activity showing how much we text and talk, copy of records showing he can take my daughter to doctors appointments as an approved adult, updated info of anything out of date by the time they get to the case, statements from family and friends, and anything else I can find.

Oh I see, I will discuss it to my husband. thank you so much for your help.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

******  one post containing profanity removed.  Be civil or do not post ******

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.