2,003 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, StefLea said:

Got my letter in the mail yesterday.  Yay! 

Now for bio letter..... 

Has anyone ran into the problem of not receiving the letter and missed appointment? I'm hoping that this letter won't be an issue like the NOA

I haven’t seen anyone post that, though, when it does come, it’s pretty short notice (a week or less). 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

So how long is this process i filed for my wife on January 16 got the reciept letter on 29 and green card expred on march 7 still havent recived any letter for biomataric and local office was nevada office is taking care of my case and this is for india 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
36 minutes ago, tomvu1606 said:

Congrats! How come I got nothing :(

Thank you.

Did you get any response to your e-request?

In my case, the email response to my e-request admitted that my NOA1 (receipt notice) was never initially ordered. See my earlier post on this:

N-400 timeline:

Spoiler

5/9/2022: N-400 Received by USCIS

5/9/2022: Biometric Reuse Notice

7/5/2022: Received Interview Scheduled Notice

8/12/2022: Interview @ Cincinnati Field Office, Approved same-day

9/9/2022: Completed Oath Ceremony

ROC timeline:

Spoiler

01/06/2019: 90-day ROC filing window open

01/07/2019: Sent I-751 petition to USCIS Dallas Lockbox via USPS 2-day Priority Mail

01/09/2019: ROC package delivered by USPS to PO Box

01/14/2019: Received USCIS text message with receipt number starting with LIN-xxxxxxx

01/15/2019: Check cashed, Added receipt# to USCIS account (myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov), Current Status: "We received your case, You do not need to do anything at this time"

02/14/2019: Submitted e-request for non-delivery of receipt notice

02/28/2019: Received e-request response. Receipt notice was never initially sent and we should receive it in 10-14 business days

03/04/2019: Received original NOA1 letter with 18 month extension

08/09/2019: Received biometrics appointment letter, scheduled for Aug 19

08/14/2019: Completed early walk-in biometrics appointment on Aug 13, Status changed on myUSCIS site to "Fingerprint Review Was Completed"

01/02/2020: Case status updated to "New Card Is Being Produced"

01/03/2020: Case status updated to "Case Was Approved"

01/06/2020: Received I-751 Approval Notice in the mail 

01/09/2020: Received 10yr Green Card in the mail

I-751 ROC Package Contents, Assembly & Photos:

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/693181-i-751-january-2019-filers/?do=findComment&comment=9522611

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/693181-i-751-january-2019-filers/?do=findComment&comment=9522687

AOS timeline:

Spoiler

12/21/2015: I-485 Received by USCIS

12/24/2015: I-485 NOA date

02/26/2016: Biometrics Appointment

04/04/2017: Interview @ Louisville Field Office

04/06/2017: I-485 Approved

04/12/2017: GC Received

5 minutes ago, H-M said:

Thank you.

Did you get any response to your e-request?

In my case, the email response to my e-request admitted that my NOA1 (receipt notice) was never initially ordered. See my earlier post on this:

I got a response before I went to the Infopass. It was like this:

"U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) records show your case is in line to be reviewed by an officer. We ask that you allow additional time for this process to take place since we process these cases in the order received. If after 60 days you have not received anything in the mail, please contact the USCIS Contact Center at the number provided below.

Biometric appointments are scheduled based upon set protocol related to each application/petition and/or their associated processing times.  You will be scheduled for and notified of an appointment at the appropriate time.
We hope this information is helpful to you."

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
1 minute ago, tomvu1606 said:

I got a response before I went to the Infopass. It was like this:

"U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) records show your case is in line to be reviewed by an officer. We ask that you allow additional time for this process to take place since we process these cases in the order received. If after 60 days you have not received anything in the mail, please contact the USCIS Contact Center at the number provided below.

Biometric appointments are scheduled based upon set protocol related to each application/petition and/or their associated processing times.  You will be scheduled for and notified of an appointment at the appropriate time.
We hope this information is helpful to you."

It seems, based on the response, that the officer thought you were inquiring about biometric appointment. He/She sent this generic response and closed your e-request.

I would suggest creating another e-request using the link below.

https://egov.uscis.gov/e-request/displayNDNForm.do?entryPoint=init&sroPageType=ndn

Under the notice type, select "Other" and in the box below specifically write about not having received the Receipt Notice.

Good luck!

N-400 timeline:

Spoiler

5/9/2022: N-400 Received by USCIS

5/9/2022: Biometric Reuse Notice

7/5/2022: Received Interview Scheduled Notice

8/12/2022: Interview @ Cincinnati Field Office, Approved same-day

9/9/2022: Completed Oath Ceremony

ROC timeline:

Spoiler

01/06/2019: 90-day ROC filing window open

01/07/2019: Sent I-751 petition to USCIS Dallas Lockbox via USPS 2-day Priority Mail

01/09/2019: ROC package delivered by USPS to PO Box

01/14/2019: Received USCIS text message with receipt number starting with LIN-xxxxxxx

01/15/2019: Check cashed, Added receipt# to USCIS account (myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov), Current Status: "We received your case, You do not need to do anything at this time"

02/14/2019: Submitted e-request for non-delivery of receipt notice

02/28/2019: Received e-request response. Receipt notice was never initially sent and we should receive it in 10-14 business days

03/04/2019: Received original NOA1 letter with 18 month extension

08/09/2019: Received biometrics appointment letter, scheduled for Aug 19

08/14/2019: Completed early walk-in biometrics appointment on Aug 13, Status changed on myUSCIS site to "Fingerprint Review Was Completed"

01/02/2020: Case status updated to "New Card Is Being Produced"

01/03/2020: Case status updated to "Case Was Approved"

01/06/2020: Received I-751 Approval Notice in the mail 

01/09/2020: Received 10yr Green Card in the mail

I-751 ROC Package Contents, Assembly & Photos:

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/693181-i-751-january-2019-filers/?do=findComment&comment=9522611

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/693181-i-751-january-2019-filers/?do=findComment&comment=9522687

AOS timeline:

Spoiler

12/21/2015: I-485 Received by USCIS

12/24/2015: I-485 NOA date

02/26/2016: Biometrics Appointment

04/04/2017: Interview @ Louisville Field Office

04/06/2017: I-485 Approved

04/12/2017: GC Received

Timeline
1 hour ago, monil622 said:

So how long is this process i filed for my wife on January 16 got the reciept letter on 29 and green card expred on march 7 still havent recived any letter for biomataric and local office was nevada office is taking care of my case and this is for india 

Biometric will come depending on your local office.  If it’s a busier one, it will be a longer wait.  

If you read through these posts, you will see many of us are still waiting on biometrics.

You can check processing times on the USCIS website.  Officially, the last time I checked, it stated 15-42 months across ALL centers and offices.  If you go to your specific office’s processing time, it will show you the earliest priority date for which a service request can be filed for an unadjudicated i751.

In any event, sit back and relax, it’s going to be a long wait.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Guys, I have not received my NOA1 and I filed an e-request on Monday. We moved on March 1st and I'm debating changing my address before getting the NOA1 - I'm so afraid it will delay things even more. We own the house we moved out of, and my mother lives there so anything that gets mailed there I will know. Obviously I will submit my new address to the USCIS, but I was hoping to do so after I got the NOA. What do you guys think?

Edited by thejusts

1/17/2019.........Mailed ROC package via USPS, two day shipping to Dallas, TX

1/19/2019........Package delivered

1/22/19............Case Received

1/28/2019........Received text from USCIS with case received information and receipt number

1/28/2019........Bank check was cashed 

3/4/2019..........Submitted e-request for non-delivery of receipt notice

3/15/2019........Received email confirmation that a duplicate receipt was in its way

3/23/2019.........Received 18 month extension letter in the mail

7/5/2019...........Biometrics completed

3/11/2020........Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview Status Online. As of 4/13 we have not received any notifications

Timeline

I just finished my biometric appointment.  While I have been to that support center before, when I got there at 8am, I tried to open the door and it was locked, so I just kind of stood in the vestibule.  A couple minutes, after staring at me, the guard came to open the door.  He told me I should have pulled harder bc it was evidently unlocked.  They asked for my letter and drivers license, and then I was asked to sit in the reception area.  About 10 minutes later the fingerprinting room opened and there was about 10 of us.  You fill out a form with your name(s), date of birth, height, hair and eye color, weight, etc. I was the last one, and it took less than 30 minutes.

Weirdly, they only took a print of 4 from my right hand, when last time (for AoS) they took all 10.  

One girl there had a language barrier, and she was alone, and not able to fill out the form, so the technician very graciously helped her by asking her the questions and filling in her answers.  I felt so bad for her.  If it was me, and I didn’t know the language, I would have insisted my spouse come along, regardless if he had to work or not.  

Hi everyone. I sent my I-751 application with G-1145 form on Feb 19 and it got delivered on Feb 22. Two weeks passed, I haven't received any text message and my check hasn't been cashed. I dont think I did anything wrong for it to be sent back. What should I do? Anyone with a similar experience? Any recommendations?

3 hours ago, G2r said:

Hi everyone. I sent my I-751 application with G-1145 form on Feb 19 and it got delivered on Feb 22. Two weeks passed, I haven't received any text message and my check hasn't been cashed. I dont think I did anything wrong for it to be sent back. What should I do? Anyone with a similar experience? Any recommendations?

If your check has not been cashed, there are high chances that it will be returned :( If i were in your shoes, i would call USCIS and try to find out more. 

Did you perchance submit it outside of 90 day window? A few people have had there applications returned due to this.

Good luck!

Edited by Springleaf
forgot

01/09/2019  Mailed ROC package via FEDEX to Lewisville,Texas

01/11/2019  Package delivered to USCIS office

01/16/2019  Received text message with service center as SRC

01/17/2019  Status on https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/ as accepted. Check submitted electronically to my bank. Not cashed yet.

01/18/2019  Check cashed electronically. 

02/07/2019  Called USCIS regarding non delivery of receipt . They asked me to call back after 30 days have expired since delivery

02/11/2019  Called USCIS again regarding non delivery of receipt. Mentioned that license will expire along with greencard on 02/28.

The lady filed a request on my behalf so i could schedule infopass.

I separately also filed e-request(https://egov.uscis.gov/e-request/displayNDNForm.do?entryPoint=init&sroPageType=ndn

by choosing I-751 and other option , before calling USCIS just in case.

02/13/2019 Got callback from USCIS that infopass cannot be scheduled,but they will mail

a duplicate notice.

11/08/2019 Biometrics got completed

03/24/2020 Case status got changed to card being produced

5 hours ago, Springleaf said:

If your check has not been cashed, there are high chances that it will be returned :( If i were in your shoes, i would call USCIS and try to find out more. 

Did you perchance submit it outside of 90 day window? A few people have had there applications returned due to this.

Good luck!

Hi there. Thanks. I called them and the lady took my information and gave me reference number. I asked her if I can use that number on the website and she said yes. So after I hang up I went to my account but the reference number she gave me is not accepted. So I guess I gotta call them again.

On 3/6/2019 at 5:30 PM, thejusts said:

Guys, I have not received my NOA1 and I filed an e-request on Monday. We moved on March 1st and I'm debating changing my address before getting the NOA1 - I'm so afraid it will delay things even more. We own the house we moved out of, and my mother lives there so anything that gets mailed there I will know. Obviously I will submit my new address to the USCIS, but I was hoping to do so after I got the NOA. What do you guys think?

Get the NOA1 first, then change the address should sound correct. Wish you well in your journey.

10 hours ago, Cryssiekins said:

I just finished my biometric appointment.  While I have been to that support center before, when I got there at 8am, I tried to open the door and it was locked, so I just kind of stood in the vestibule.  A couple minutes, after staring at me, the guard came to open the door.  He told me I should have pulled harder bc it was evidently unlocked.  They asked for my letter and drivers license, and then I was asked to sit in the reception area.  About 10 minutes later the fingerprinting room opened and there was about 10 of us.  You fill out a form with your name(s), date of birth, height, hair and eye color, weight, etc. I was the last one, and it took less than 30 minutes.

Weirdly, they only took a print of 4 from my right hand, when last time (for AoS) they took all 10.  

One girl there had a language barrier, and she was alone, and not able to fill out the form, so the technician very graciously helped her by asking her the questions and filling in her answers.  I felt so bad for her.  If it was me, and I didn’t know the language, I would have insisted my spouse come along, regardless if he had to work or not.  

I asked why they only took my right hand aswell. Their response was that i had been there before.. so theres no need to take all 10 fingers.. 🤗

Daca Journey 2013

*Daca&Ead Approval- 9/17/2013

*Ead card in hand-9/20/2013 

Daca/Ead Renewal Journey 2015

*Daca sent 5/7/2015

*NOA email/letter/text message- 5/14/2015

*Biometrics appointment- 6/12/2015

*Daca renewal approval notice- 7/22/2015

*Daca Renewal approval letter received- 7/31/2015

*Ead renewal card in hand - 8/14/2015?

Aos Journey 2016

* Married- 03/25/2016

* Aos package mailed- 5/26/2016?

* Package Delivered- 6/14/2016?

* Text message received with case #/ check cashed - 6/20/2016

* Aos notice of action letter received- 6/24/2016

*Biometrics appointment- 7/13/2016

*Case ready to be scheduled for an interview- 8/1/2016

*Ead/Ap approval notice Date-8/29/2016

*Ead/Ap combo card in hand- 09/3/2016

* Aos Interview - 4/12/2017 

* Aos Approved on the spot

* 2 year Green card in Hand 4/17/2017

Roc 2019

Roc Package Mailed  - 01/15/2019

Case received -  01/22/2019

Biometrics - 03/01/2019

case approved  10 year GC - 01/07/2020

card mailed - 01/08/2020

Online filling N400 Naturalization (NJ filer)

N400 submitted - 08/27/2020

NOA - 08/28/2020

Biometrics Reuse- 2/12/2021🤗

Interview Notice : 06/15/2021🤗🤗

Interview DATE : 07/21/2021 @ 2:30PM

Citizenship and Oat ceremony approved 07/21/2021

Passport Application Appoitment usps -07/28/2021

Check cashed - 08/2/2021

Passport received : 08/11/2021 * contacted My congresswoman 

Timeline
36 minutes ago, price411 said:

I asked why they only took my right hand aswell. Their response was that i had been there before.. so theres no need to take all 10 fingers.. 🤗

Interesting... why bother taking them at all

if already on file!?  I mean they could

just keep the $85 and send a letter saying it’s not needed and bam, they make an $85 profit.  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.