DmytriiD

B1/B2 Visa for parents of K-1 Visa Holder

67 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, PaulTheSheik said:

That’s not correct. The application form is more stringent however the actual refusal rate for UK visitor visas is only 9.67% which is lower than the refusal rate for USA B visas which is at least 25%.

https://ukvisa.blog/2018/11/23/uk-visa-success-rate/

https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/Statistics/Non-Immigrant-Statistics/RefusalRates/FY17.pdf

Non sequitur to my post. If you can’t figure out why, I can’t be bothered to explain, especially to someone who advocates lying to get visas. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hello. I tried to have my family come for the wedding.

There were 8 people in total applying together, they had their tickets, hotel reservations, my visa copy, invitation. All of them are successful people that travel, have businesses in Ukraine and had all the paperwork to prove that. All of them were denied and I had nobody from my side at my wedding. This is the kind of **it that happens right now. Sooo hard to get a visa.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Says not to buy tickets until you have visa in hand.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

4 minutes ago, stacyt said:

Hello. I tried to have my family come for the wedding.

There were 8 people in total applying together, they had their tickets, hotel reservations, my visa copy, invitation. All of them are successful people that travel, have businesses in Ukraine and had all the paperwork to prove that. All of them were denied and I had nobody from my side at my wedding. This is the kind of **it that happens right now. Sooo hard to get a visa.

Sorry to hear but it is not surprising. Honestly, you family's visitor visas should have been attempted before you come to the US, that way you would have at least known beforehand and had other options.

Visitor visas are not guaranteed and when people immigrate they should be prepared of the possibility of not having relatives be able to come and visit.

This is why we advise to have more than one ceremony (one in the US and one in the immigrant's country) to involve both sides of the family. 

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Timeline
21 minutes ago, NuestraUnion said:

Sorry to hear but it is not surprising. Honestly, you family's visitor visas should have been attempted before you come to the US, that way you would have at least known beforehand and had other options.

Visitor visas are not guaranteed and when people immigrate they should be prepared of the possibility of not having relatives be able to come and visit.

This is why we advise to have more than one ceremony (one in the US and one in the immigrant's country) to involve both sides of the family. 

I wouldn't stay in my country if I had known they were denied, as I was 8 months into K-1. And as we all know it's a deal breaker to have any kind of ceremony before the actual ceremony in the US and if they get any indication of that on the interview, you're done.

I might have a little celebration in Ukraine when I am able to travel, in 5 to 9 months. Nothing is compared to my mom being there when I say "I do". It is what it is though.

On 1/2/2019 at 12:51 PM, stacyt said:

I wouldn't stay in my country if I had known they were denied, as I was 8 months into K-1. And as we all know it's a deal breaker to have any kind of ceremony before the actual ceremony in the US and if they get any indication of that on the interview, you're done.

I might have a little celebration in Ukraine when I am able to travel, in 5 to 9 months. Nothing is compared to my mom being there when I say "I do". It is what it is though.

Marry in your country and have ceremony there. No big deal. Why is it so important to bring everyone to the US? Show off?

Timeline
On 1/4/2019 at 2:08 AM, Mr.Jose said:

Marry in your country and have ceremony there. No big deal. Why is it so important to bring everyone to the US? Show off?

I was not interested in violating my visa, thank you. You're seriously very rude. If you need somebody to explain why it is important to have my family with me on the biggest day of my life, in a foreign country where I don't know almost anyone also why it was very important for my parents to be there with me, their only daughter, we don't have much to talk about. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.