KM Cam

Proof of meeting/relationship (filing on Monday)

20 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hey all, my fiance (from Brazil) and I are currently completing our I-129f forms/packet.  I've been preparing for awhile, but now we're finally planning to finalize it and mail the packet on Monday.

For proof of meeting/relationship, I am planning to attach a written supplement explaining our relationship and all of our visits, then a list of attachments, which includes the following:

-Visas and passport stamps for all of our visits (6 total)

-Boarding passes for the most recent visit (unfortunately we don't have the ones from previous visits)'

-Flight itineraries for all of our 6 visits

-His i-94 arrival and departure record

-A bunch of photos in a plastic bag in chronological order, dates stamped on the back and I wrote our names and the location of the photo on each one, several from each of our visits, some including family/friends (we have photos in both Brazil and USA)

-Screen shots of several facebook posts of our visits, including the one where I announced our engagement

-And I know these are not required at this stage, but also including some Facebook chat logs and skype call logs just to be safe.

I'm hoping this is ample evidence to prove our relationship is real and we have met in person (note that 4 of our visits were within the last year, I am aware of the 2 year requirement).  Does it sound like I am on the right track for an RFE-free approval?

And I am aware of the other required attachments, I have all of those too (cover page, passport photos of each of us, payment, my birth certificate/passport, divorce decree, name change order from court, letters certifying intent to marry, electronic notification request form)

THANKS!

Packet Mailed - December 17, 2018

NOA1 Date on old USCIS web site - December 24, 2018

NOA1 Date on new USCIS web site - December 29, 2018

NOA1 Receipt Date on Hard Copy - December 31, 2018

Check cashed/NOA1 text message received - January 2, 2019

NOA1 Hard Copy - Received in mail on January 10, 2019

NOA 2 Hard Copy - April 9, 2019 (no updates on web sites)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

if you met online then you should include the terms of service for the website that you met on. also be sure your divorce papers are certified with the court seal/stamp. Otherwise it looks solid to me.

Timeline
30 minutes ago, TandSarahJane said:

if you met online then you should include the terms of service for the website that you met on. also be sure your divorce papers are certified with the court seal/stamp. Otherwise it looks solid to me.

WE met on a language learning/exchange site called LIve Mocha, which no longer exists unfortunately.  I am including a news article about how the site was shut down, and also an online journal entry where I wrote about meeting him for language exchange.  I hope that will be adequate since I can't get the terms of the site at this point.

My divorce decree is the copy of the original from the court with the certified judge's signature.

1 hour ago, KM Cam said:

Hey all, my fiance (from Brazil) and I are currently completing our I-129f forms/packet.  I've been preparing for awhile, but now we're finally planning to finalize it and mail the packet on Monday.

For proof of meeting/relationship, I am planning to attach a written supplement explaining our relationship and all of our visits, then a list of attachments, which includes the following:

-Visas and passport stamps for all of our visits (6 total)

-Boarding passes for the most recent visit (unfortunately we don't have the ones from previous visits)'

-Flight itineraries for all of our 6 visits

-His i-94 arrival and departure record

-A bunch of photos in a plastic bag in chronological order, dates stamped on the back and I wrote our names and the location of the photo on each one, several from each of our visits, some including family/friends (we have photos in both Brazil and USA)

-Screen shots of several facebook posts of our visits, including the one where I announced our engagement

-And I know these are not required at this stage, but also including some Facebook chat logs and skype call logs just to be safe.

I'm hoping this is ample evidence to prove our relationship is real and we have met in person (note that 4 of our visits were within the last year, I am aware of the 2 year requirement).  Does it sound like I am on the right track for an RFE-free approval?

And I am aware of the other required attachments, I have all of those too (cover page, passport photos of each of us, payment, my birth certificate/passport, divorce decree, name change order from court, letters certifying intent to marry, electronic notification request form)

THANKS!

Just make sure the engagement post doesn’t have anything that could look like a wedding (photos of exchanging rings or in fancy dress etc). Also with the messages make sure none of them have you calling each other “hubby or wifey” or anything like that. People have gotten denied for these things and deemed “too marry” as long as they don’t have that stuff in there you will be fine ☺️ Just thought I’d warn you before you send it just in case! Good luck!!!

K-1 VISA

I129F Sent: 08/23/2017

NOA 1: 08/25/2017

NOA 2: 02/27/2018

NVC Received: 03/14/2018

NVC Case #: 03/15/2018

NVC Left: 03/24/2018

Embassy Received: 03/28/2018

Medical: 05/08/2018

Interview: 05/15/2018 

Visa issued: 05/18/2018

Visa received: 05/23/2018 

AOS

POE: 06/07/2018

SSN applied: 06/12/2018

SSN received: 06/28/2018

AOS Sent: 07/27/2018

Biometrics: 08/23/2018

Interview: 10/30/2018

Approval: 10/30/2018 

NOA2: 11/05/2018

Green card Received: 11/08/2018

NO MORE USCIS UNTIL ROC!!!!!😁

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
19 minutes ago, KM Cam said:

WE met on a language learning/exchange site called LIve Mocha, which no longer exists unfortunately.  I am including a news article about how the site was shut down, and also an online journal entry where I wrote about meeting him for language exchange.  I hope that will be adequate since I can't get the terms of the site at this point.

My divorce decree is the copy of the original from the court with the certified judge's signature.

here were the terms of service in 2015 for livemocha... the internet is forever 😊

http://web.archive.org/web/20150331014636/http://livemocha.com:80/pages/terms

Timeline
23 minutes ago, K & R said:

Just make sure the engagement post doesn’t have anything that could look like a wedding (photos of exchanging rings or in fancy dress etc). Also with the messages make sure none of them have you calling each other “hubby or wifey” or anything like that. People have gotten denied for these things and deemed “too marry” as long as they don’t have that stuff in there you will be fine ☺️ Just thought I’d warn you before you send it just in case! Good luck!!!

Wow crazy!  WE definitely don't have an issue with that right now, but will keep it in mind for collecting additional evidence later.  Thanks!!

15 minutes ago, TandSarahJane said:

here were the terms of service in 2015 for livemocha... the internet is forever 😊

http://web.archive.org/web/20150331014636/http://livemocha.com:80/pages/terms

OMG why didn't I think of looking on archive.org?!?!!  THANK YOU SO MUCH!!  I'm so glad we can add this to our packet!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 12/15/2018 at 10:01 AM, K & R said:

We are also almost done with ourpacket. But much of our communication has us calling each other "wifey hubby" etc. 

I guess we shouldn't include that now?

And why do they want the terms of service for online meeting (just wondering) we DID meet online as well. 

7 hours ago, Rob and Sandy said:

We are also almost done with ourpacket. But much of our communication has us calling each other "wifey hubby" etc. 

I guess we shouldn't include that now?

And why do they want the terms of service for online meeting (just wondering) we DID meet online as well. 

Do NOT include any messages where it says hubby or wifey or anything like that. And change it if you’ve made those your contact names for each other. Unless you want to waste 8-10 months and get a denial for being “too married” for the K-1 but not married enough for the CR1.

they want the TOS for the website because they want to make sure it’s not an IMB international marriage broker. There’s a question about meeting on an IMB on the I-129F

K-1 VISA

I129F Sent: 08/23/2017

NOA 1: 08/25/2017

NOA 2: 02/27/2018

NVC Received: 03/14/2018

NVC Case #: 03/15/2018

NVC Left: 03/24/2018

Embassy Received: 03/28/2018

Medical: 05/08/2018

Interview: 05/15/2018 

Visa issued: 05/18/2018

Visa received: 05/23/2018 

AOS

POE: 06/07/2018

SSN applied: 06/12/2018

SSN received: 06/28/2018

AOS Sent: 07/27/2018

Biometrics: 08/23/2018

Interview: 10/30/2018

Approval: 10/30/2018 

NOA2: 11/05/2018

Green card Received: 11/08/2018

NO MORE USCIS UNTIL ROC!!!!!😁

Timeline
3 hours ago, K & R said:

Do NOT include any messages where it says hubby or wifey or anything like that. And change it if you’ve made those your contact names for each other. Unless you want to waste 8-10 months and get a denial for being “too married” for the K-1 but not married enough for the CR1.

they want the TOS for the website because they want to make sure it’s not an IMB international marriage broker. There’s a question about meeting on an IMB on the I-129F

Wow... I had no idea. 

I can't thank you enough for mentioning that. We 100% were going to send the packet in with those messages letters etc. 

Thank you so much!!!

KM Cam,

I didn't mean to hijack you thread I apologise. 

6 hours ago, Rob and Sandy said:

Wow... I had no idea. 

I can't thank you enough for mentioning that. We 100% were going to send the packet in with those messages letters etc. 

Thank you so much!!!

KM Cam,

I didn't mean to hijack you thread I apologise. 

Great example of why sending chat messages is not required or advised for the petition. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Rob and Sandy said:

Maybe we Should simply leave them all out?

Not a bad idea 

YMMV

24 minutes ago, Rob and Sandy said:

Maybe we Should simply leave them all out?

We didn't send anything along those lines.  Anecdotally, I have noticed that sending extra non-required items can lead to delays and RFEs.  All they need to see for the petition is proof of the USC's citizenship, evidence of having met once during the preceding two years, and evidence of petitioner's and beneficiary's legal ability and intention to marry each other.

Timeline
19 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

We didn't send anything along those lines.  Anecdotally, I have noticed that sending extra non-required items can lead to delays and RFEs.  All they need to see for the petition is proof of the USC's citizenship, evidence of having met once during the preceding two years, and evidence of petitioner's and beneficiary's legal ability and intention to marry each other.

Thank you so much. 

That's excellent advice.

I'm learning so much from you all

• 3 months later...
Timeline

It’s been awhile but I wanted to once again thank everyone who took the time to reply to this post back from December...Our petition was approved in 99 days (on April 9) with no RFE!!!!  THANKS for your input!!!  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.