Dashinka

The Flynn Entrapment

38 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

So the FBI agents did not warn Flynn he was under investigation when they sat down with them and one of the agents was Peter Strzok.  This will be interesting to see in the next few days.

By

The Editorial Board
Dec. 12, 2018 6:55 p.m. ET

Of Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s many targets, the most tragic may be former National Security Adviser Michael Flynn. The former three-star general pleaded guilty last year to a single count of lying to the FBI about conversations he had with Russia’s ambassador to the U.S. Now we learn from Mr. Flynn’s court filing to the sentencing judge that senior bureau officials acted in a way to set him up for the fall.

Not a rich man after decades in uniform, Mr. Flynn pleaded guilty to avoid bankruptcy and spare his son from becoming a legal target. Mr. Flynn’s filing doesn’t take issue with the description of his offense. But the “additional facts” the Flynn defense team flags for the court raise doubts about FBI conduct.

The Flynn filing describes government documents concerning the Jan. 24, 2017 meeting with two FBI agents when Mr. Flynn supposedly lied. It turns out the meeting was set up by then Deputy FBI Director Andrew McCabe, who personally called Mr. Flynn that day on other business—to discuss an FBI training session. By Mr. McCabe’s account, on that call he told Mr. Flynn he “felt that we needed to have two of our agents sit down” with him to talk about his Russia communications.

Mr. McCabe then urged Mr. Flynn to meet without a lawyer present. “I explained that I thought the quickest way to get this done was to have a conversation between [Mr. Flynn] and the agents only. I further stated that if LTG Flynn wished to include anyone else in the meeting, like the White House Counsel for instance, that I would need to involve the Department of Justice. [Mr. Flynn] stated that this would not be necessary and agreed to meet with the agents without any additional participants,” wrote Mr. McCabe in a memo viewed by the Flynn defense team.

According to the FBI summary of the interview—known as a 302—Mr. McCabe and FBI officials “decided the agents would not warn Flynn that it was a crime to lie during an FBI interview because they wanted Flynn to be relaxed and they were concerned that giving the warnings might adversely affect the rapport.”

We also know from then FBI Director James Comey that this was his idea. This is “something I probably wouldn’t have done or wouldn’t have gotten away with in a more organized administration,” Mr. Comey boasted on MSNBC this weekend. “In the George W. Bush Administration or the Obama Administration, if the FBI wanted to send agents into the White House itself to interview a senior official, you would work through the White House counsel, there would be discussions and approvals and who would be there. And I thought, it’s early enough let’s just send a couple guys over.”

https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-flynn-entrapment-11544658915

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Timeline
8 minutes ago, aaron2020 said:

Boo hoo hoo.  

So you reject Miranda?  Got it.

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline
12 minutes ago, Bill & Katya said:

So you reject Miranda?  Got it.

Miranda is required when a person is in CUSTODY.  Not while a person is being investigated and is FREE. 

Didn't see Miranda mentioned in the article.  

Thanks for the fake news about Miranda.  

Boo hoo hoo.  

Timeline
45 minutes ago, aaron2020 said:

Miranda is required when a person is in CUSTODY.  Not while a person is being investigated and is FREE. 

Didn't see Miranda mentioned in the article.  

Thanks for the fake news about Miranda.  

Boo hoo hoo.  

Miranda wasn't mentioned in the article, it was an inference on my part that you believe entrapment by the police is fine.  I understand that now.

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

Yes, it's entrapment.  The FBI forced Flynn to lie.  They held a gun to his head.  

Judges are so stupid.  Why would they go along with his guilty plead when it's clear that he was trapped by the FBI and forced to lie.

Edited by aaron2020

Timeline
4 minutes ago, aaron2020 said:

Yes, it's entrapment.  The FBI forced Flynn to lie.  They held a gun to his head.  

Judges are so stupid.  Why would they go along with his guilty plead when it's clear that he was trapped by the FBI and forced to lie.

The Director of the NSA is not answerable to the FBI (James Comey, Andrew McCabe, or Peter Strzok), and are not required to disclose everything to them unless it is to answer questions in the pursuit of an investigation.  The fact that these agents did not disclose they are questioning Flynn in pursuit of an investigation, did not disclose that he as an American citizen was unmasked in a phone call all for doing what an NSA director would be doing during a transition is just wrong.  As to why he pled guilty, the story which apparently you did not read, covered that, and to be fair, Flynn is not asking to rescind the plea, it is the judge that is seeing through the entrapment of the FBI and the actions of the Mueller team.  Time will tell, but I wouldn't be surprised to see the judge throw out the plea, and then again, he could sentence Flynn to the maximum as well.  Personally, I do not care about Flynn, I am more concerned with the actions of the DOJ.  It is time to declassify the documents that show just how politicized the DOJ has become over the past few administrations.

It's unfortunate this happened to someone who served his country with honor. If he had a couple million dollars laying around he could have hired competent legal representation and had the bogus charges dropped. Instead he was forced to take a plea deal because he couldn't afford to properly defend himself. Legal proceedings like this could cost up to half a million dollars or more just to initiate a proper legal defense. The Mueller people know this and took advantage of it. Unfortunately many Americans are unaware of this. It's unfortunate but the amount of money you have can in fact impact your ability to receive a fair trial. It's shameful that these traitors railroaded someone who served their country with honor. Trump should pardon him.

morfunphil1_zpsoja67jml.jpg

Yes, poor Lt General Flynn, who willfully neglected to register as a Foreign Agent as he served the interests of non-US countries up to and including while he was working for the US Government, and then lied about it to the FBI.

Quite sad. We really ought to do more to allow foreign agents and spies to do their important work without such pesky matters as notifying the US that they are serving the interests of foreign nations, huh. True patriotism.

Filed: Timeline
10 hours ago, jb914 said:

Yes, poor Lt General Flynn, who willfully neglected to register as a Foreign Agent as he served the interests of non-US countries up to and including while he was working for the US Government, and then lied about it to the FBI.

Quite sad. We really ought to do more to allow foreign agents and spies to do their important work without such pesky matters as notifying the US that they are serving the interests of foreign nations, huh. True patriotism.

So Flynn talked to some people in Russia, and tried to de-escalate the tensions over the sanctions at the time.  I’m not sure what it so bad about that, exactly?  Don’t we often try to deescalate tensions all the time?

Filed: H-1B Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
23 hours ago, jg121783 said:

It's unfortunate this happened to someone who served his country with honor. If he had a couple million dollars laying around he could have hired competent legal representation and had the bogus charges dropped. Instead he was forced to take a plea deal because he couldn't afford to properly defend himself. Legal proceedings like this could cost up to half a million dollars or more just to initiate a proper legal defense. The Mueller people know this and took advantage of it. Unfortunately many Americans are unaware of this. It's unfortunate but the amount of money you have can in fact impact your ability to receive a fair trial. It's shameful that these traitors railroaded someone who served their country with honor. Trump should pardon him.

I seriously do respect Gen Flynn, and I genuinely do feel bad for him and his family.  We need more Democrats in our higher command for the health of our democracy. He got in over his head in dealing with Turkey and Russia and made some bad choices. Then he lied about it , through various channels including but not limited to the FBI and the Vice President, demonstrating his consciousness of guilt. We don't know what he was thinking, money, pride, vanity.  It looks like he stopped short of treason, I hope.

He was not ignorant of the law, he knows he was supposed to register as a foreign agent, he knows the earnings are taxable, he knows that actors like Putin just lay in wait for someone who lacks judgement or has something he can leverage. 

Putin knowing that the National Security Adviser  lied about meeting with Russian agents, we cannot have that risk. 

I cannot calculate the curve and complete the figure by the experience of sight; I can divine it by conscience. But from what I see I am sure it bends towards justice -Theodore Parker

Timeline
2 minutes ago, refugee said:

I seriously do respect Gen Flynn, and I genuinely do feel bad for him and his family.  We need more Democrats in our higher command for the health of our democracy. He got in over his head in dealing with Turkey and Russia and made some bad choices. Then he lied about it , through various channels including but not limited to the FBI and the Vice President, demonstrating his consciousness of guilt. We don't know what he was thinking, money, pride, vanity.  It looks like he stopped short of treason, I hope.

He was not ignorant of the law, he knows he was supposed to register as a foreign agent, he knows the earnings are taxable, he knows that actors like Putin just lay in wait for someone who lacks judgement or has something he can leverage. 

Putin knowing that the National Security Adviser  lied about meeting with Russian agents, we cannot have that risk. 

Then why wasn’t the FBI up front with him about the meeting?  Why did Andrew McCabe insist not to include lawyers?  Why did the FBI take so long to write the 302?  It seems the sentencing judge has a healthy distrust of the DOJ on this one.  I believe this was the judge that was hoodwinked by the DOJ during the Ted Stevens prosecution.

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Bill & Katya said:

Then why wasn’t the FBI up front with him about the meeting?  Why did Andrew McCabe insist not to include lawyers?  Why did the FBI take so long to write the 302?  It seems the sentencing judge has a healthy distrust of the DOJ on this one.  I believe this was the judge that was hoodwinked by the DOJ during the Ted Stevens prosecution.

Bill ( or Katya..a beautiful name BTW)  

You are not going to convince me that the FBI and DOJ professionals, including noted Republicans like Mueller, McCabe, Rosenstein and others are part of a deep state conspiracy to take down Flynn.  He did that by himself.  He is paying the unfortunate consequences. 

I am not going to convince you that the system as designed is working and eventually we will have the truth on these issues. 

So I am going to move on, lets call it a draw.

I cannot calculate the curve and complete the figure by the experience of sight; I can divine it by conscience. But from what I see I am sure it bends towards justice -Theodore Parker

2 minutes ago, refugee said:

You are not going to convince me that the FBI and DOJ professionals, including noted Republicans like Mueller, McCabe, Rosenstein and others are part of a deep state conspiracy to take down Flynn.  He did that by himself.  He is paying the unfortunate consequences. 

I am not going to convince you that the system as designed is working and eventually we will have the truth on these issues. 

So I am going to move on, lets call it a draw.

If you can't see the deep state conspiracy going on then you must be blind...... But in all honesty Flynn set himself up with everything. I have been VERY critical of Flynn on here for many years now because he has been to close with Russia after he left the military. He was on their payroll for a while as well. 

Timeline
24 minutes ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

If you can't see the deep state conspiracy going on then you must be blind...... But in all honesty Flynn set himself up with everything. I have been VERY critical of Flynn on here for many years now because he has been to close with Russia after he left the military. He was on their payroll for a while as well. 

Yeah, I guess I am blind.