2,915 posts in this topic

30 minutes ago, Florecita_Bella said:

USCIS to Continue Implementing New Policy Memorandum on Notices to Appear

https://www.uscis.gov/news/alerts/uscis-continue-implementing-new-policy-memorandum-notices-appear

not sure if I understood what it says right, but it clearly states that NTA's will be prioritized for those with criminal, fraud, or denied applications. my I485 was denied when my spouse withdrew my application like what happened to many here in this form but I have not been issued an NTA. Sandra gave us a USCIS phone number to call and check if we were on removal I checked and I am not, but I guess you never know!

they also say that if you were issued an NTA any application you submit afterwards will be denied. 

Edited by TOVE

17 hours ago, sandranj said:

You won’t get any letter from the USCIS regarding changing the address or because you fired your attorney.

To change the address you must SEND A NOTARIZED letter to Vermont informing that you are representing yourself, after 10 days go to infopass to confirm if they changed the address.

Hi Sandranj 

yea I already send A NOTARIZED letter you veemont that I am representing myself on nov-23-2018 ,I will be go to infopass to confirm 

thank you so much 

Filed: Other Timeline

Hi Sandra

Today I have received RFE based on initial review of my vawa petition by USCIS. They have requested evidence of good moral character. With my VAWA application I have submitted original papers of evidences of my good moral character, like; 

1. State issued CORI ( Criminal Offender Record Information) certificate showing clear criminal record
  2. Police clearance certificates from two cities where I lived since last more than 6 years. 
  3. Letter from my manager about my moral character and work ethics
  4. Letters from NGO and temple stating my good moral character. 

I am seriously under so much stress, why I need to send again the evidence of my good moral character which I already have submitted ? Sandra, could you please guide me how can I answer this RFE ? Do I need to obtain the above mentioned same documents again and submitting them to USCIS answering my RFE ? Even they didn't give me any deadline to submit requested evidences. How much time period I have to answer this RFE ?  Which other documents do I need to include in addition to above evidences ? looking forward for your valuable advise. Thanks 🙏

1 hour ago, shayona said:

Hi Sandra

Today I have received RFE based on initial review of my vawa petition by USCIS. They have requested evidence of good moral character. With my VAWA application I have submitted original papers of evidences of my good moral character, like; 

1. State issued CORI ( Criminal Offender Record Information) certificate showing clear criminal record
  2. Police clearance certificates from two cities where I lived since last more than 6 years. 
  3. Letter from my manager about my moral character and work ethics
  4. Letters from NGO and temple stating my good moral character. 

I am seriously under so much stress, why I need to send again the evidence of my good moral character which I already have submitted ? Sandra, could you please guide me how can I answer this RFE ? Do I need to obtain the above mentioned same documents again and submitting them to USCIS answering my RFE ? Even they didn't give me any deadline to submit requested evidences. How much time period I have to answer this RFE ?  Which other documents do I need to include in addition to above evidences ? looking forward for your valuable advise. Thanks 🙏

Doj fbi fingerprint clearance is better. Your Family member too. 

Hi everyone, I finally received update from my Senator's office, they got response from USCIS that my file is pending with FBI for background check. Does anyone have idea how long does that take. And is there anything I can do. 

46 minutes ago, Behuman said:

Hi everyone, I finally received update from my Senator's office, they got response from USCIS that my file is pending with FBI for background check. Does anyone have idea how long does that take. And is there anything I can do. 

I'm in the same situation as yours. I got the same response from my congresswoman.

From @sandranj responding to your same question I asked earlier she mentioned that  it can take 30 days to 4/6 months.

On 12/9/2018 at 5:35 AM, Gogetter18 said:

@Aburi2018 even though it says 13+ months, it won't take that long at all for your interview notice. My state is one of the longest, almost 3 years wait so I'm thinking when that time comes to ask my attorney to change the state or city 🙂

aww thanks.This news is relieving🙏🙏🙏🙏.Praying so we all get it faster.

Filed: Other Country:
Timeline

Hello everyone! 

I have a question, so my I-485 through vawa was approved on September 26 2018, i got the approval letter, but I didn’t get my green card yet. Anyone know how long is usually waiting period and who should i contact to find out what is going on? 🙄 

really appreciate all your advices and replies ❤️

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
7 hours ago, bebetho said:

I filled May too and nothing :(

Hang in there, I filed May 2017 I just got my I-360 approved on Oct 29th 2018 still waiting (another 9-21 months) for my I-485 so be patient.

Edited by FridayGirl@69

Filed: Other Country: Mexico
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Yollande said:

@FridayGirl@69, thanks for the encouragement. I filled June 6th. RFE answered 32 days today. No sign. No update.😔

33 minutes ago, FridayGirl@69 said:

Hang in there, I filed May 2017 I just got my I-360 approved on Oct 29th 2018 still waiting (another 9-21 months) for my I-485 so be patient.

Filled may 2017 for i360 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.