17 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

hi guys , after 8 months we hear something from uscis center neebraska , PD march 21 we tought it was the approval but they sent letter  that they want  my husband  sign the form i130a page 3 he didnt sign it  .we sent them , my quetion is how long does it take till we hear back from uscis for the approval ,? and thank you

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

couple of weeks. couple of months. its anyones guess

i 485, 130, EAD and AP

04/09/2019    NOA1 received/check cashed i 485 and 130 (direct adjustment)

11/7/2019      Interview- Norfolk

11/10/2019    APPROVED (notification rec'd 11/10, approval dated 11/8)

DONE FOR TWO YEARS!!! ;)

Filed everything ourselves with no RFE's or delays.

CR1 for Child under 21 (20 at time of filing)- Filed by LPR Spouse for his son

4/4/20     Mailed packet

4/12/20   NOA1 rec'd

10/14/21 (havent heard anything... when do i start to get worried?)

9/15/22 APPROVED! Now to wait for NVC and interview....

ROC

10/14/21 Mailed to AZ PO Box. Let the waiting begin. Again.

10/16/21 Received at PO Box

10/19/21 Received Text NOA1

10/23/21 Received Mailed NOA1

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
8 minutes ago, savana said:

hi guys , after 8 months we hear something from uscis center neebraska , PD march 21 we tought it was the approval but they sent letter  that they want  my husband  sign the form i130a page 3 he didnt sign it  .we sent them , my quetion is how long does it take till we hear back from uscis for the approval ,? and thank you

if your husband is not inside the USA he does not need to sign it, did you sign your name instead?

Timeline
13 minutes ago, Khallaf said:

if your husband is not inside the USA he does not need to sign it, did you sign your name instead?

yes you are right  but there is a place on the form page 3  my husband  needs to sign it

Timeline
3 minutes ago, savana said:

yes you are right  but there is a place on the form page 3  my husband  needs to sign it

not if your husband is outside of USA it clearly states that, so unless you somehow signed 

image.thumb.png.54dc1ed430808b6857c7e11db2f5c1af.png

anyway our orig question is how long will it take to be completed, it could take days, weeks, or months there is no time limit.

Edited by Khallaf

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Khallaf said:

not if your husband is outside of USA it clearly states that, so unless you somehow signed 

anyway our orig question is how long will it take to be completed, it could take days, weeks, or months there is no time limit.

tahnk you and here they wanted my husband sign 

hujbj.png

Timeline
3 minutes ago, savana said:

tahnk you and here they wanted my husband sign 

hujbj.png

is it your husband who is in the USA filing for you?

I am under the impression that only is done by a 3rd party who fills it out, not if the petitioner or the beneficiary but by say an attorney

Edited by Khallaf

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
43 minutes ago, Khallaf said:

it says "if your spouse is USC or lawful permanent resident   ..............who is filing for I 130, u (meaning the beneficary) must complete and SIGN form I 130a

just do what Nebraska asks,  as u have no choice and do any and all things they want

how long?   no one can tell u

Timeline
2 minutes ago, adil-rafa said:

it says "if your spouse is USC or lawful permanent resident   ..............who is filing for I 130, u (meaning the beneficary) must complete and SIGN form I 130a

just do what Nebraska asks,  as u have no choice and do any and all things they want

how long?   no one can tell u

I filled out my husbands I-130A, never signed it neither him nor I, and we were just fine, because he is outside usa it doesn't get signed at all.

that is how I read it that is what we did and I never received a RFE for it.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Khallaf said:

I filled out my husbands I-130A, never signed it neither him nor I, and we were just fine, because he is outside usa it doesn't get signed at all.

that is how I read it that is what we did and I never received a RFE for it.

says he is suppose to fiill it out and sign it

if your spouse USC is filing for u     u must fill out and sign

we do 130   spouse does 130a   and there is a place 

spouse's beneficary signature    6a

for immigration ipurposes the USC is the petitioner

and the foreigner is the beneficary

Edited by adil-rafa

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Khallaf said:

it also states if he is outside USA it needs to be filled out but do not need to sign.

Where?  i am looking at the form

it also says if not filled out correctly , the I 130 can be denied for the beneficary 

says this right under where they are suppose to sign it

a lawyer or preparer can sign but that is not the petioner

Timeline

and it doen't matter if one did one person passed without someone noticing the signature was not ther

still u have to do as immigration (nebraska) says 

get a signature by having him fill out and sign new one ,   scan and email it to u as now immigration is accepting documents without a wet signature

your case will go no further until u comply with this RFE

how long?

all they wait for is this?

then a few weeks or months / probable faster as they obviously have already checked your documents

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

1. If you are filing for your spouse, he or she must complete and sign Form I-130A, Supplemental Information for Spouse Beneficiary. If your spouse is overseas, Form I-130A must still be completed, but your spouse does not have to sign Form I-130A. Form I-130A must be submitted with Form I-130.

found this on the USCIS website. So I’m confused why they want a signature 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

I am the petitioner and filled my wife's I-130A. I put my signature as a preparer but left the beneficiarie's signature space blank since she lives outside the U.S. Is that wrong? 

Thank you. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.