CamilaRemolina

I-130 Filers for Dominican Beneficiaries

47 posts in this topic

21 hours ago, CamilaRemolina said:

My heart broke when I read that you have a 7 month old 💔 Have you taken your son to meet your husband yet?

I wish you the best of luck for a speedy visa approval! It's great that you're already at he NVC stage. I'm still waiting for my NOA2, which we are expecting for mid-February, early March. I also, just spend hours looking at other forums and timelines to get the best estimates and information on what I need. I'm super glad you commented with your situation. Although I am not up to the NVC stage yet, I am most confused as what is needed at the stage. What documentation is needed?

See Sample Below: 

NVC CHECKLIST.pdf

5 minutes ago, Beltre0519 said:

See Sample Below: 

NVC CHECKLIST.pdf

So the documents do need to be translated to English? 

I would be using the EZ form for the AOS. Do I still need W2s and pay stubs or is the transcript for IRS enough? 

10 minutes ago, Jmgyg said:

So the documents do need to be translated to English? 

I would be using the EZ form for the AOS. Do I still need W2s and pay stubs or is the transcript for IRS enough? 

I got different answers that it wasn’t needed to be translated on this website but to be on the safe side I had it translated. 

I also did the EZ 

I sent paystubs, transcripts and letter from my employer. I believe the trascripts would suffice as per the instructions

I just wanted to be safe than sorry 

1 hour ago, Beltre0519 said:

Hi All, 

I wish everyone well in this long journey!!!. My husband recently got approved on 11/20/2018 under the CR1 visa. I tried attach a file of samples from my actual case of the documents you will be receiving via email but it doesnt let me load it because the file is to large. If you want me to send you my samples just send me a message privately and I will send it you. 

You will receive a Welcome Letter from NVC letting you know your petition was received from the USCIS department. It will indicate your NVC Case Number and Invoice Number which you will be able to follow in the website below. 

https://ceac.state.gov/IV/Login.aspx: You will be able to choose your Choice of Address and Agent and pay your AOS and IV fee there. Make sure you call NVC to confirm your Choice of Address and Agent, it can be the PET OR BEN either one. I chose myself since my husband does not speak English , so everything was being sent to me and I would communicate it to him. Once paid and payment has been cleared you then have to complete the DS-260 online. 

NVC VISA STATUS CHECK WEBSITE: https://ceac.state.gov/ceacstattracker/status.aspx

I printed out the DS-260 sample online (alot of pages) and took my time completing meanwhile payments cleared. Once the DS-260 was open it was easier for me to complete because I had everything already in front of me to be inputted.

I was proactive and gather all my documents that needed to be sent to NVC for review, I sent my package and sent it to NVC in ONE package. One package is for the Petitioner and the other is for the Beneficiary. You will put TWO separate envelops  make sure you label each one with your case number and indicate PET on one and BEN on the other submit in ONE envelope with the cover letter provided and a checklist for EACH one (PET and BEN) so it can arrive at the same time. If you send it separate it will be a delayed. 

ALL my mail was sent via USPS with a tracking number make sure you indicate signature required. 

NVC DOES NOT decide or approve your petition, they just make sure all documents are there to send to the Embassy in Dominican Republic. 

Once they review your documents and DS-260 is complete you will receive a letter stating you are in QUE FOR AN INTERVIEW. You can always call NVC and they can let you know the INTERVIEW DATE online. Provided if you receive a nice representative, I was fortunate to have always a nice rep. 

If you provided an email you will receive everything via email. The email usually come in the middle of night as per my experience. 

IF for whatever reason something is missing NVC will send you a letter detailing what they need. 

I hope this helps! Good Luck everyone. 

Sending you a private message. I would love to have those samples so I can have them ready as well. I like to plan very far in advance lol

Congrats on the approval!!! Does your spouse have the visa in hand yet?

8 hours ago, CamilaRemolina said:

Sending you a private message. I would love to have those samples so I can have them ready as well. I like to plan very far in advance lol

Congrats on the approval!!! Does your spouse have the visa in hand yet?

Thank you! Yes he got his passport on 11/23/2018 so three days later. The embassy told him 2 weeks it will be ready. You will also get a email when the passport is ready, Look at the link below. The link is where you will set up your spouse fingerprint appt and will be able to view the status of your passport as stated before. 

https://cgifederal.secure.force.com/?language=English&country=Dominican Republic

http://www.ustraveldocs.com/do/do-niv-passporttrack.asp

Edited by Beltre0519

15 hours ago, Beltre0519 said:

Thank you! Yes he got his passport on 11/23/2018 so three days later. The embassy told him 2 weeks it will be ready. You will also get a email when the passport is ready, Look at the link below. The link is where you will set up your spouse fingerprint appt and will be able to view the status of your passport as stated before. 

https://cgifederal.secure.force.com/?language=English&country=Dominican Republic

http://www.ustraveldocs.com/do/do-niv-passporttrack.asp

I should have seen this post before sending my thank you email to you. lol disregard the questions in my email. you answered it here lolol I'm very happy for both of you. I told my husband to prepare himself. The day he gets approved for the visa, I am going to cry my eyes out in happiness. lol

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, hope this is useful to someone in a similar shoes:

1. My spouse is Dominican. We got married this year in February (2018).

2. I sent the 1-130 Petition end of March 2018

3. My petition was sent to Potomac Center. This center was slow at first but it picked up speed. I got approve 6 months after I sent my documents.

4. October 22 my case was received at NVC from USCIS

5. November 24: I got an email with my case number and invoice number to asked to upload everything via ONLINE (Pivot case).

6. I submitted everything online on Dec. 2nd and today I got an email from NVC saying my case is closed.

7. So now I'm waiting for an interview letter.

Question: Does anyone know how long it's taking DR interviews to be scheduled after case close?

I wish everyone the best and a speedy processing of their case.

1 hour ago, VALU said:

Hi guys, hope this is useful to someone in a similar shoes:

1. My spouse is Dominican. We got married this year in February (2018).

2. I sent the 1-130 Petition end of March 2018

3. My petition was sent to Potomac Center. This center was slow at first but it picked up speed. I got approve 6 months after I sent my documents.

4. October 22 my case was received at NVC from USCIS

5. November 24: I got an email with my case number and invoice number to asked to upload everything via ONLINE (Pivot case).

6. I submitted everything online on Dec. 2nd and today I got an email from NVC saying my case is closed.

7. So now I'm waiting for an interview letter.

Question: Does anyone know how long it's taking DR interviews to be scheduled after case close?

I wish everyone the best and a speedy processing of their case.

Wow! Congratulations! You are almost to the end! Based on what I see from other timelines. your interview should be about a month and a half to two months after NVC says it's closed. Again, this is just based on what I see from other dominican timelines, but I am no where near the end of the NVC stage. lol

6 hours ago, CamilaRemolina said:

Wow! Congratulations! You are almost to the end! Based on what I see from other timelines. your interview should be about a month and a half to two months after NVC says it's closed. Again, this is just based on what I see from other dominican timelines, but I am no where near the end of the NVC stage. lol

Thank you for the info. That's good to know. It takes a long time to get a DR interview, I see.... Hopefully it will be quicker. I will keep you guys posted.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

I have a few questions. Hopefully someone who went through the NVC process can help. I saw on a document cover sheet sample for NVC that IRS Tax transcripts, Federal Income Tax Returns AND W-2s need to be submitted. Are the W-2s necessary or is it optional considering the transcripts and the returns will be provided along with paystubs and possibly additional evidence of income such as a letter from an employer? Also, I have retained an attorney for the whole process. Does anyone know if the attorney handles the whole NVC process or is that something the petitioner takes care of? Honestly, now that I have more knowledge of how this process works, I feel more comfortable completing the process myself. I'm afraid my attorney won't side-load with additional proof of bonafide marriage at NVC even if I request it or some other silly mistake will be made by them. Thank you!

8 hours ago, CamilaRemolina said:

Hi everyone,

I have a few questions. Hopefully someone who went through the NVC process can help. I saw on a document cover sheet sample for NVC that IRS Tax transcripts, Federal Income Tax Returns AND W-2s need to be submitted. Are the W-2s necessary or is it optional considering the transcripts and the returns will be provided along with paystubs and possibly additional evidence of income such as a letter from an employer? Also, I have retained an attorney for the whole process. Does anyone know if the attorney handles the whole NVC process or is that something the petitioner takes care of? Honestly, now that I have more knowledge of how this process works, I feel more comfortable completing the process myself. I'm afraid my attorney won't side-load with additional proof of bonafide marriage at NVC even if I request it or some other silly mistake will be made by them. Thank you!

Transcripts from the IRS trumps Tax Returns with W2s. Transcripts are official recorded filings of your taxes therefore they carry more weight.

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

On 1/6/2019 at 8:50 AM, NuestraUnion said:

Transcripts from the IRS trumps Tax Returns with W2s. Transcripts are official recorded filings of your taxes therefore they carry more weight.

Thank you!

• 2 months later...
On 11/29/2018 at 12:35 AM, CamilaRemolina said:

Hello everyone,

I decided to make this group based off of another member's suggestion and my experience here on visa journey.

Of course, different beneficiary countries will have different experiences in obtaining the final visa, the interview process, the medical exam, fingerprinting, etc., etc.

I also had a difficult time at first getting specific answers tailored to getting my Dominican spouse to the U.S. because of the diversity in countries on the I-130 Filer groups per month.

So this group is to answer questions for those with Dominican beneficiaries. Please feel free to also add any recommendations, experiences, updates in regards to same.

Thank you! and Good Luck to everyone :)

On 11/29/2018 at 1:07 AM, Jmariega said:

Yes he met the baby when he was 3 months old. It’s tough. 

Yeah I’m pretty sure you’ll get approval by February or March. 

It’s pretty early for you to gather the documents but just to keep in mind you will need: 

Your tax/income info 

marriage certificate 

his birth certificate (inextensa only, not extracto) 

his vaccination card if he can get it from the doctor he normally goes to

certificate of good conduct 

if he has been in the military, a document for that

proof of relationship (photos, shared property, plane tickets, etc.) 

Here are a couple of links you can look at as well: 

US Embassy Checklist specifically for DR/SDO 

https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/iv-dv-supplemental/SDO - Santo-Domingo.pdf

Immigrant Visa Process NVC 

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/petition/submit-a-petition.html

Hello All, 

I’m a little late but this is exactly what I was looking for. I just filed for my husband yesterday (sent in the I-130) and now I am not sure what to expect next or what we should be working on next besides the income proof. He resides in Santiago and we’ve been together for 2 years married for almost 9 months but couldn’t decide if I would go there or he would come here. Now that we have decided omg this process is so overwhelming but I know it would be all worth it in the end. If you guys could give me a little advice on what should I be pre paring for next I would greatly appreciate it. I’m so happy I found this forum. 

On 11/29/2018 at 10:22 PM, Beltre0519 said:

Hi All, 

I wish everyone well in this long journey!!!. My husband recently got approved on 11/20/2018 under the CR1 visa. I tried attach a file of samples from my actual case of the documents you will be receiving via email but it doesnt let me load it because the file is to large. If you want me to send you my samples just send me a message privately and I will send it you. 

You will receive a Welcome Letter from NVC letting you know your petition was received from the USCIS department. It will indicate your NVC Case Number and Invoice Number which you will be able to follow in the website below. 

https://ceac.state.gov/IV/Login.aspx: You will be able to choose your Choice of Address and Agent and pay your AOS and IV fee there. Make sure you call NVC to confirm your Choice of Address and Agent, it can be the PET OR BEN either one. I chose myself since my husband does not speak English , so everything was being sent to me and I would communicate it to him. Once paid and payment has been cleared you then have to complete the DS-260 online. 

NVC VISA STATUS CHECK WEBSITE: https://ceac.state.gov/ceacstattracker/status.aspx

I printed out the DS-260 sample online (alot of pages) and took my time completing meanwhile payments cleared. Once the DS-260 was open it was easier for me to complete because I had everything already in front of me to be inputted.

I was proactive and gather all my documents that needed to be sent to NVC for review, I sent my package and sent it to NVC in ONE package. One package is for the Petitioner and the other is for the Beneficiary. You will put TWO separate envelops  make sure you label each one with your case number and indicate PET on one and BEN on the other submit in ONE envelope with the cover letter provided and a checklist for EACH one (PET and BEN) so it can arrive at the same time. If you send it separate it will be a delayed. 

ALL my mail was sent via USPS with a tracking number make sure you indicate signature required. 

NVC DOES NOT decide or approve your petition, they just make sure all documents are there to send to the Embassy in Dominican Republic. 

Once they review your documents and DS-260 is complete you will receive a letter stating you are in QUE FOR AN INTERVIEW. You can always call NVC and they can let you know the INTERVIEW DATE online. Provided if you receive a nice representative, I was fortunate to have always a nice rep. 

If you provided an email you will receive everything via email. The email usually come in the middle of night as per my experience. 

IF for whatever reason something is missing NVC will send you a letter detailing what they need. 

I hope this helps! Good Luck everyone. 

Hello All, 

I’m a little late but this is exactly what I was looking for. I just filed for my husband yesterday (sent in the I-130) and now I am not sure what to expect next or what we should be working on next besides the income proof. He resides in Santiago and we’ve been together for 2 years married for almost 9 months but couldn’t decide if I would go there or he would come here. Now that we have decided omg this process is so overwhelming but I know it would be all worth it in the end. If you guys could give me a little advice on what should I be pre paring for next I would greatly appreciate it. I’m so happy I found this forum. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.