CamilaRemolina

I-130 Filers for Dominican Beneficiaries

47 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, JeaNcarl said:

Hi,  Thanks for creating this. I filed Oct. 10th 2017, I'm USC and still waiting for USCIS approval. We got a rfe in June and still waiting. It's so frustrating, I can't believe it... My story is my husband was once married to a USC 10yrs ago. The marriage lasted less than 2 yrs and he left and went back to DR. Never heard or spoke to the ex ever again, he heard through family once that she was re married. When we met in 2015 and decided to get married he found out well in DR recoreds he is still possibly married. So he filed divorce papers just to be sure and after 6 months everything was finalized. We got married in Nov. 2016. The rfe was for his divorce papers which I had originally sent. But I sent it again with more evidence. Now it's been over a yr and I call I did several inquiries and USCIS keep telling me to wait. And that my case needs more processing and they waiting on documents from other agencies, what ever that means cause no one can tell me exactly what documents. I'm just so lost. The waiting is beyond frustrating! 

The divorce was finalized in D.R. correct? When you sent the divorce decree to USCIS in response to the RFE, did you send it translated to english? I'm asking because I am also trying to understand why they haven't given you a response in so long?

Did you husband leave back to D.R. willingly after his relationship ended with his ex-wife?

Did you send I-129F petition as well as an I-130 petition? (asking based on your timeline)

I'm surprised not one rep was able to give you a different response aside from keep waiting. I feel for you. I've only filed the petition about 4 months ago and I feel like it's been a lifetime.

4 minutes ago, CamilaRemolina said:

The divorce was finalized in D.R. correct? When you sent the divorce decree to USCIS in response to the RFE, did you send it translated to english? I'm asking because I am also trying to understand why they haven't given you a response in so long?

Did you husband leave back to D.R. willingly after his relationship ended with his ex-wife?

Did you send I-129F petition as well as an I-130 petition? (asking based on your timeline)

I'm surprised not one rep was able to give you a different response aside from keep waiting. I feel for you. I've only filed the petition about 4 months ago and I feel like it's been a lifetime.

Yes the divorce was finished in DR and yes it was translated, all documents in Spanish I got translated. 

Yes my husband left willingly before his Visa was expired, long before it was to expire, he still had 6 months before it was time to remove conditions. 

And yes I filed k3 and they saying it's still in normal processing time, so I'm hoping it could be my saving grace. 

13 minutes ago, JeaNcarl said:

Yes the divorce was finished in DR and yes it was translated, all documents in Spanish I got translated. 

Yes my husband left willingly before his Visa was expired, long before it was to expire, he still had 6 months before it was time to remove conditions. 

And yes I filed k3 and they saying it's still in normal processing time, so I'm hoping it could be my saving grace. 

Hmmm.. That is strange. Hopefully we can get some answers for you soon.

I've seen that people file both petitions at once, can you kindly clarify the benefits of this? I believe I saw a May or June filer that did the same and she and her husband were approved extraordinarily quick.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: El Salvador
Timeline
1 hour ago, JeaNcarl said:

and he left and went back to DR.

Hmm, odd. Its obvious that your husband is divorced from his ex. Maybe USCIS wants proof that your husband was residing in DR when the divorce in DR happened (since DR has been known as a "divorce mill"):

Your Input Is Appreciated On This VJ Guide Proposal: 

1 hour ago, CamilaRemolina said:

Hmmm.. That is strange. Hopefully we can get some answers for you soon.

I've seen that people file both petitions at once, can you kindly clarify the benefits of this? I believe I saw a May or June filer that did the same and she and her husband were approved extraordinarily quick.

I heard it doesn't hurt to file k3 ...it's free. It's also rarely approved so when they get them they tend to approve the i130 instead of k3. But I didn't file it til March only because I had just heard about it. N at the time I was hoping they would just approve my i130 n ignore that k3. But with my current situation, USCIS told me that it's possible they could approve my k3 since they are still waiting on documents from other agencies. So we'll see... 

59 minutes ago, TM92 said:

Hmm, odd. Its obvious that your husband is divorced from his ex. Maybe USCIS wants proof that your husband was residing in DR when the divorce in DR happened (since DR has been known as a "divorce mill"):

I remember this case. But my husband was living in DR and had been for 10 yrs. The divorce was finalized on Nov 3rd 2016. We submitted his passport stamped showing he arrived in DR April of 2008 and hasn't left since. 

6 hours ago, CamilaRemolina said:

I have an inextensa birth certificate that we just got last week. Does it matter the date of when we got it?

He unfortunately does not have his vaccination records and doesn't think the doctor has a copy of this anymore? Any suggestions?

Have you obtained the certificate of good conduct for your husband yet? & at what point do you believe is a good time to obtain it?

So I should submit additional documentation of proof of relationship at the NVC stage?

Sorry for all the questions LOL & thank you for the links. I'm actually reading through them now :)

Are you from Santiago or la capital if you don't mind me asking?

For the police certificate - it is only good for 30 days, so it is best to get it within 30 days of your interview :) 

9 hours ago, CamilaRemolina said:

You're a life saver! I found the links to the prices of the medical exam and the vaccinations you mentioned. I'll add the links below for whoever needs it (there are two links, one for each of the two approved offices):

http://www.consultoriosdevisa.com/requisitos-tarifas/

http://www.serviciosmedicosconsulares.com/#header

I hadn't realized they were so expensive :o Do you know if every single one of those vaccinations listed are the ones needed? 

Keep us updated on the process to get that police clearance. :)

Do you know if copies/originals of all the financial documents are needed for the interview as well?

My husband and I are both from Santiago. It looks like all of our husband are going to be doing a lot of long back and forth driving to la capital.

According to what I have read, the doctor will discuss what vaccines will be needed. Not sure if it would end up being be all of them. These are all common vaccines that we get in the US throughout our lives so...Anyone that has gone through this step please chime in because I am also curious about this. The list of vaccines is long. 

3 hours ago, SJ_Ulloa said:

For the police certificate - it is only good for 30 days, so it is best to get it within 30 days of your interview :) 

So depending on the time between turning the documents into NVC and the interview, we may have to get the police certificate twice? 

11 minutes ago, Jmgyg said:

So depending on the time between turning the documents into NVC and the interview, we may have to get the police certificate twice? 

it is possible - however, I never submitted any of my documents to the embassy. I have had several people who have been approved who informed me they did not submit documentation to NVC just brought everything to the interview. but from my understanding the police certificate is more so necessary for the interview purpose vs the financial aspect they look into to make sure you can financially support your significant other. 

Any tips on getting to the interview phase faster? I see some people are getting interviews two months after I 130 is approved. 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Moved from IR-1/CR-1 Process & Procedures to Caribbean regional forum; topic is specific to the Dominican Republic.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

9 hours ago, Jmgyg said:

My husband got approved on 11/16/2018 under CR1 visa and I advised him to just get another police certificate for his interview even though one was already submitted with my NVC package. 

if you guys need help let me know I will try my best to assist since I was the one that submitted everything for my husband. No lawyer needed, I used this wesbite and was very helpful. 

47 minutes ago, Beltre0519 said:

My husband got approved on 11/16/2018 under CR1 visa and I advised him to just get another police certificate for his interview even though one was already submitted with my NVC package. 

if you guys need help let me know I will try my best to assist since I was the one that submitted everything for my husband. No lawyer needed, I used this wesbite and was very helpful. 

Thanks! 

Hi All, 

I wish everyone well in this long journey!!!. My husband recently got approved on 11/20/2018 under the CR1 visa. I tried attach a file of samples from my actual case of the documents you will be receiving via email but it doesnt let me load it because the file is to large. If you want me to send you my samples just send me a message privately and I will send it you. 

You will receive a Welcome Letter from NVC letting you know your petition was received from the USCIS department. It will indicate your NVC Case Number and Invoice Number which you will be able to follow in the website below. 

https://ceac.state.gov/IV/Login.aspx: You will be able to choose your Choice of Address and Agent and pay your AOS and IV fee there. Make sure you call NVC to confirm your Choice of Address and Agent, it can be the PET OR BEN either one. I chose myself since my husband does not speak English , so everything was being sent to me and I would communicate it to him. Once paid and payment has been cleared you then have to complete the DS-260 online. 

NVC VISA STATUS CHECK WEBSITE: https://ceac.state.gov/ceacstattracker/status.aspx

I printed out the DS-260 sample online (alot of pages) and took my time completing meanwhile payments cleared. Once the DS-260 was open it was easier for me to complete because I had everything already in front of me to be inputted.

I was proactive and gather all my documents that needed to be sent to NVC for review, I sent my package and sent it to NVC in ONE package. One package is for the Petitioner and the other is for the Beneficiary. You will put TWO separate envelops  make sure you label each one with your case number and indicate PET on one and BEN on the other submit in ONE envelope with the cover letter provided and a checklist for EACH one (PET and BEN) so it can arrive at the same time. If you send it separate it will be a delayed. 

ALL my mail was sent via USPS with a tracking number make sure you indicate signature required. 

NVC DOES NOT decide or approve your petition, they just make sure all documents are there to send to the Embassy in Dominican Republic. 

Once they review your documents and DS-260 is complete you will receive a letter stating you are in QUE FOR AN INTERVIEW. You can always call NVC and they can let you know the INTERVIEW DATE online. Provided if you receive a nice representative, I was fortunate to have always a nice rep. 

If you provided an email you will receive everything via email. The email usually come in the middle of night as per my experience. 

IF for whatever reason something is missing NVC will send you a letter detailing what they need. 

I hope this helps! Good Luck everyone. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.