Jump to content
The Nature  Boy

Watch: Six Years Ago Obama Promised to Buy a Chevy Volt. Now It Is Dead

44 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

22 minutes ago, The Nature Boy said:

Of course because they have been losing money on that car for awhile now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

Of course because they have been losing money on that car for awhile now. 

Sigh... The volt did what it was supposed to do.

Government paid R&D.. now GM has some of the top EV and automonous systems around. 

 

The biggest downside about the Volt is the fact that it's using a Chevy cruzish platform and the existence of the Bolt EV(stealing sales).  It would be one of the best cars under 50k if it's Voltec was implimented in a blazer or equinox.( Something theyve been planning on doing after the volt was finished with it's last cycle)

 

It also doesn't help that it's made at DHAM with a whole host of other underperforming ICE cars. 

 

Don't listen to Breitbart... Definition of fake news. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I always thought this was the future, I would love to see this idea expanded and made more practical and affordable. Decrease the need for mega oil imports .. no brainer to me 


 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Keith & Arileidi said:

Sigh... The volt did what it was supposed to do.

Government paid R&D.. now GM has some of the top EV and automonous systems around. 

 

The biggest downside about the Volt is the fact that it's using a Chevy cruzish platform and the existence of the Bolt EV(stealing sales).  It would be one of the best cars under 50k if it's Voltec was implimented in a blazer or equinox.( Something theyve been planning on doing after the volt was finished with it's last cycle)

 

It also doesn't help that it's made at DHAM with a whole host of other underperforming ICE cars. 

 

Don't listen to Breitbart... Definition of fake news. 

 

 

So you are saying the story is not true ?

The Cruze made many a customer upside down for years becuse of its poor resale value

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Nature Boy said:

So you are saying the story is not true ?

The Cruze made many a customer upside down for years becuse of its poor resale value

Not to mention it along with basically every other electric car is heavily supplemented by the government.


morfunphil1_zpsoja67jml.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, jg121783 said:

Not to mention it along with basically every other electric car is heavily supplemented by the government.

Funny thing about electric cars.... they need to be recharged.  With electricity.  That sometimes comes from generators. 

 

Not to mention the devastation that abounds where lithium is mined.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, jg121783 said:

Not to mention it along with basically every other electric car is heavily supplemented by the government.

Most big industries are heavily supplemented by the government, including petroleum.

 

Some economies really REALY need 0 emissions and are willing to pay heavy premiums for such products. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Satisfied said:

Funny thing about electric cars.... they need to be recharged.  With electricity.  That sometimes comes from generators. 

 

Not to mention the devastation that abounds where lithium is mined.

This is frequently brought up by anti-EV advocates. 

 

Not really a valid argument considering the phone you use is also using lithium ion.. and the petroleum infrastucture uses a significant amount of energy. 

 

I think you are forgetting that ICE engines are nothing but inefiecient generators, that are being used in uncontrolled settings. 

 

 

Edited by Keith & Arileidi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎11‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 11:42 AM, Keith & Arileidi said:

Sigh... The volt did what it was supposed to do.

Government paid R&D.. now GM has some of the top EV and automonous systems around. 

The biggest downside about the Volt is the fact that it's using a Chevy cruzish platform and the existence of the Bolt EV(stealing sales).  It would be one of the best cars under 50k if it's Voltec was implimented in a blazer or equinox.( Something theyve been planning on doing after the volt was finished with it's last cycle)

It also doesn't help that it's made at DHAM with a whole host of other underperforming ICE cars. 

Don't listen to Breitbart... Definition of fake news. 

I really want to like the electric cars, I really do. But the Volt was just ugly in my book and I would never ever buy one with the way it looks. 

Edited by Cyberfx1024

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Keith & Arileidi said:

This is frequently brought up by anti-EV advocates. 

 

Not really a valid argument considering the phone you use is also using lithium ion.. and the petroleum infrastucture uses a significant amount of energy. 

 

I think you are forgetting that ICE engines are nothing but inefiecient generators, that are being used in uncontrolled settings. 

 

 

When you consider one car battery is about the size of 2,000 cell phone batteries, I think it's valid.  To each their own, however.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Satisfied said:

When you consider one car battery is about the size of 2,000 cell phone batteries, I think it's valid.  To each their own, however.

Agree. The Camry is pushing 40 mpg  hwy with a naturally aspirated 4 cycl gas engine.  Kind of makes it hard to justify the hybrid at higher price 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, The Nature Boy said:

Agree. The Camry is pushing 40 mpg  hwy with a naturally aspirated 4 cycl gas engine.  Kind of makes it hard to justify the hybrid at higher price 

Had a 2011 Camry hybrid.  It got 33 city/34 hwy.  I know they are much better now.  Still it was a great car, and my daughter has been driving it for several years now.  Never needed repair when I had it,  and haven't heard about any repairs since.  Has over 120K miles on it now and going strong.


If at first you don't succeed, then sky diving is not for you.

Someone stole my dictionary. Now I am at a loss for words.

If Apple made a car, would it have windows?

Ban shredded cheese. Make America Grate Again .

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Deport him and you never have to feed him again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Neonred said:

Had a 2011 Camry hybrid.  It got 33 city/34 hwy.  I know they are much better now.  Still it was a great car, and my daughter has been driving it for several years now.  Never needed repair when I had it,  and haven't heard about any repairs since.  Has over 120K miles on it now and going strong.

We got a guy put 622k on one. Routine maintenance.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Neonred said:

Had a 2011 Camry hybrid.  It got 33 city/34 hwy.  I know they are much better now.  Still it was a great car, and my daughter has been driving it for several years now.  Never needed repair when I had it,  and haven't heard about any repairs since.  Has over 120K miles on it now and going strong.

Several years ago, I had a Honda Accord V6.  Neighbor liked mine, so went and bought one identical in every way except his was a hybrid.  

 

After a couple of months of ownership and fact-gathering, I made a spreadsheet that calculated gas savings.  Turns out that it was going to take him about 7 years of driving to break even with me on money, then slowly creep ahead as he saved a handful on MPG. 

 

To me, electric vehicles have to drop significantly in price before I would ever own one.  Years later, I chose a Jetta TDi over a Prius, and got as much as 52mpg on the highway in the diesel. So glad I passed on the prius.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×