UAtoUS

Will Martial Law in Ukraine influence the Visa approval?

65 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

So say we all. Nothing new in Odessa, as expected, and nothing to suggest anything might change. Ukraine stays Level2 at DOS website and the Embassy is still evaluating the situation. Consular staff and the Ambassador easily travelling throughout Ukraine and performing their duties. Fiance and me counting days to his arrival on 12/23

With NOA1 date 07/05  we are probably entering the last pre-adjudication times and that keeps us much more excited 

Edited by HP+IC

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
19 minutes ago, HP+IC said:

So say we all. Nothing new in Odessa, as expected, and nothing to suggest anything might change. Ukraine stays Level2 at DOS website and the Embassy is still evaluating the situation. Consular staff and the Ambassador easily travelling throughout Ukraine and performing their duties. Fiance and me counting days to his arrival on 12/23

With NOA1 date 07/05  we are probably entering the last pre-adjudication times and that keeps us much more excited 

pre-adjudication? 

Timeline

As per current adjudication times reported by VJ members, in between 12/27 and 01/01 we might get feedback from USCIS regarding our I-129F petition. The idea that we may be entering our final waiting month makes us quite excited (even if it will take longer). At filing our adjudication was expected, according to VJ estimates, to happen in the second half of January.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
10 minutes ago, UAtoUS said:

I am not sure what that means. Sorry. 

It's like the last trimester of a pregnancy.   Getting closer to the finals 

YMMV

Timeline

Oh yeah, you took this out of my mouth LOL... this thought haunts me for a few days already. Except that pregnancy is more predictable than dealing with immigration

Timeline

Does anyone know a good site or forum that talks about the steps/documents for preparation after NOA2? Specially for Ukraine. Like what documents I need to prepare for her and what she needs to do there before the interview?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
8 minutes ago, UAtoUS said:

Does anyone know a good site or forum that talks about the steps/documents for preparation after NOA2? Specially for Ukraine. Like what documents I need to prepare for her and what she needs to do there before the interview?

Https://ua.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/fiancee-visa/

I found the embassy website invaluable for this.  They have the checklist online

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Timeline

Really nothing special about preparations and the Embassy website is great. The documents depend largely on your situation. However, to be on the safe side I've asked my fiance to bring me certified copies of his divorce decrees and wet signed I-134's for me and the kid. I already have the full copy of I-129f file and will collate the rest by myself. Are you going to be there at the interview?

By the way, getting a police clearance certificate turned out a breeze for me. I have a so called 'electronic signature' from tax authority, ordered it online from police authority and got it in a week as a scanned copy and paper copy free of charge instead of 1 month they generally reserve for it.

Edited by HP+IC

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
11 hours ago, UAtoUS said:

Same thing saying my fiancee that lives in Kharkiv. Nothing new so far, but things might change. Hope not. 

IMO, The easiest way to tell if it becomes a big deal is you will see the UAH drastically change.  RIght now there has been very little movement.  THere was a huge change in 2014 when it went from 8 to the mid 20's.  Since then its hovered around 25-28 and with the recent events it hasn't moved much.  If things were/are bad you will see it skyrocket.

Timeline
On 11/30/2018 at 4:08 PM, HP+IC said:

Really nothing special about preparations and the Embassy website is great. The documents depend largely on your situation. However, to be on the safe side I've asked my fiance to bring me certified copies of his divorce decrees and wet signed I-134's for me and the kid. I already have the full copy of I-129f file and will collate the rest by myself. Are you going to be there at the interview?

By the way, getting a police clearance certificate turned out a breeze for me. I have a so called 'electronic signature' from tax authority, ordered it online from police authority and got it in a week as a scanned copy and paper copy free of charge instead of 1 month they generally reserve for it.

How beneficial is it for me to be there with her at the interview. I will be going to visit her in February, but the interview approximate time will be sometime in April. So I don't thing I will be able to take more days off from my work to go there again in April. 

I am not very familiar with the Police clearance in Ukraine and what needs to be done there by her. The second paragraph you wrote went way over my head. I haven't looked yet into the second part of documents that she needs to prepare before the interview. 

Timeline

I believe your fiancee reads Ukrainian. The Embassy website is available in Eng, Ukr and probably Rus. She may go and check the K1 section, the instructions are very clear. In Ukraine now a lot of things may be done online, like communicating with state authorities, filing taxes, applying for services, requesting official documents etc. To do so you need a personal 'electronic signature' which you may get free of charge from tax authority if you bring your own usb flash drive. If you have one, you may file online for a police certificate, apply for foreign passport or order an extract from Vital Records Register. It saves time and effort

Timeline
1 hour ago, HP+IC said:

I believe your fiancee reads Ukrainian. The Embassy website is available in Eng, Ukr and probably Rus. She may go and check the K1 section, the instructions are very clear. In Ukraine now a lot of things may be done online, like communicating with state authorities, filing taxes, applying for services, requesting official documents etc. To do so you need a personal 'electronic signature' which you may get free of charge from tax authority if you bring your own usb flash drive. If you have one, you may file online for a police certificate, apply for foreign passport or order an extract from Vital Records Register. It saves time and effort

Thanks for explanation. I will double check with her if she has one. If not then I will ask her to look into making one as it will save some time later. We still have 3 month till NOA2 so there is not much we can do until then except prepare ourselves to be ready. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.