mika__

Will we get RFE over this? too many mistakes but our lawyer says otherwise

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

Me and my husband filed for our CR-1 visa months ago, we are 6 months into filing and just waiting for our NOA2 now. My husband (petitioner) hired a lawyer to do the filing for us and he filed and did everything with the lawyer on his own. My husband ended up letting the lawyer file everything and send it all out before telling me the lawyer was sending out all the paperwork to get the process started. I wanted to proofread everything first to make sure everything was correct but my husband let the lawyer send everything out before letting me see.

I told my husband to email me a copy of all the paperwork that was sent out so I can look at it and there were alot of spelling mistakes, such as previous addresses ive lived at and zip codes of mine (hence why I wanted to proofread everything before it was sent out). Is this going to cause us to get a RFE?

Also, I told my husband to send in photos of us, messages between us, plane tickets etc as proof of bonafide marriage and he barely gave anything. He didnt give any convos of us AT ALL, all he gave was a couple of extremly poorly printed pictures of us and a few plane tickets thats it. However the lawyer said we had alot of proof and we would be fine.....but my husband barely sent anything as proof so that leaves me confused. 

I have also seen on this site that we should have "Living Wills, favouring each of you, bank accounts, Credit Cards, Life Insurance, Travel Insurance" as proof of a bonafide marriage and we dont have any of that yet.

our lawyer says if we were to get a RFE it would have happend already (the lawyer says after 90 days RFE's arent sent), since we are already 6 months into filing waiting for our NOA2. But to me I feel otherwise.

I feel like our case is going to get complicated given barely any evidence and spelling mistakes on paperwork etc.
what do you think? im agitated over it 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Probably....we abbreviated "street" to "St" in one place and they sent us an RFE :-\ only thing i can think of is send a letter with all the corrections assuming you already have a receipt # and A#

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Best thing to do at this point is just wait and see. RFEs often seem to have no rhyme or reason but they will not come until closer to the time you would be expecting and NOA2.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Don't overworry the commingling of fianances/  being from a high fraud country like Morocco,  we had to do it

it is not really normal to show this until you come to USA and have to do processes like ROC and AOS here

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

RFEs can come at ANY point.

Nothing you can do but wait and see what happens. In hindsight, we COULD have received an RFE for at LEAST 3 things, but didn't. And I was pretty darn meticulous with everything.

All depends on the Adjudicator you get.

i 485, 130, EAD and AP

04/09/2019    NOA1 received/check cashed i 485 and 130 (direct adjustment)

11/7/2019      Interview- Norfolk

11/10/2019    APPROVED (notification rec'd 11/10, approval dated 11/8)

DONE FOR TWO YEARS!!! ;)

Filed everything ourselves with no RFE's or delays.

CR1 for Child under 21 (20 at time of filing)- Filed by LPR Spouse for his son

4/4/20     Mailed packet

4/12/20   NOA1 rec'd

10/14/21 (havent heard anything... when do i start to get worried?)

9/15/22 APPROVED! Now to wait for NVC and interview....

ROC

10/14/21 Mailed to AZ PO Box. Let the waiting begin. Again.

10/16/21 Received at PO Box

10/19/21 Received Text NOA1

10/23/21 Received Mailed NOA1

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Misspellings and wrong postal codes don't bring RFE's.  Depending on what country you're coming from, he probably sent plenty of evidence.  No reason to go overboard.  No reason to even try to send some of all the kinds of evidence.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.