Pbchief2

cooking for the future in-laws.

13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I've been here a few times now and cooked for them a few times. The first thing I cooked was BBQ ribs. Great reactions all the way around, with the plate being empty before anything else. Then some asking where it came from. I had one hold out that said they didn't want to try, but the plate was empty anyway.

38 minutes ago, Pbchief2 said:

I've been here a few times now and cooked for them a few times. The first thing I cooked was BBQ ribs. Great reactions all the way around, with the plate being empty before anything else. Then some asking where it came from. I had one hold out that said they didn't want to try, but the plate was empty anyway.

Where is here?

Just when you think you have TDS eradicate,  a new case shows up.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

um .

ok.

i 485, 130, EAD and AP

04/09/2019    NOA1 received/check cashed i 485 and 130 (direct adjustment)

11/7/2019      Interview- Norfolk

11/10/2019    APPROVED (notification rec'd 11/10, approval dated 11/8)

DONE FOR TWO YEARS!!! ;)

Filed everything ourselves with no RFE's or delays.

CR1 for Child under 21 (20 at time of filing)- Filed by LPR Spouse for his son

4/4/20     Mailed packet

4/12/20   NOA1 rec'd

10/14/21 (havent heard anything... when do i start to get worried?)

9/15/22 APPROVED! Now to wait for NVC and interview....

ROC

10/14/21 Mailed to AZ PO Box. Let the waiting begin. Again.

10/16/21 Received at PO Box

10/19/21 Received Text NOA1

10/23/21 Received Mailed NOA1

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
53 minutes ago, Pbchief2 said:

Whatever you cook, make sure to include rice with the meal and you will be fairly safe.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 minute ago, Hank_ said:

Whatever you cook, make sure to include rice with the meal and you will be fairly safe.

What is this rice you speak of??? lol.

There is always a pot or two of rice at the ready.

its nice that your in laws are open minded about trying a filipino food(specially rice) my in-laws and husband dont like our plain rice i always need to fried the rice with special ingredients so they can eat it..or maybe im just not a good cook lol ..they are asking me make filipino food for Thanksgiving..any suggestion guys? i already think of lumpiang shanghai and leche flan as they dont want a heavy meal/rice 😂😂

Edited by gaski

I like it all, but my family enjoys Lumpia, Pancit, Puto, Star Bread (sorry don't know the real name). Just remember if fish - No Heads/Tails

Just now, Randyandyuni said:

I like it all, but my family enjoys Lumpia, Pancit, Puto, Star Bread (sorry don't know the real name). Just remember if fish - No Heads/Tails

thank you so much for the reply..there will be only 15 people in Thanksgiving..we wont held Thanksgiving in our house but in my mother in-law house so she invited us and ask me to make filipino food..i know them well when it comes into seafood specially shrimp i always got the heads and the rest are for them lol so im aware...guess lumpia and leche flan would be fine? 😊😊

Rice is king) I am slowly converting the boss to brown rice...Less starch. Better for you as you get older. Like trying to make the Pope Lutheran.....

Not a newbie but lost my old info years ago) I have been through this process before --all the way through naturalization-- This site has always been a great help to me. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.