user92

reaffirmed case refused

13 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

what sort of evidence did you submit and how long have you known each other/ how many times have you met? Why was it denied the first time?

is pakistan on the banned list? (i dont keep up with which countries are)

i 485, 130, EAD and AP

04/09/2019    NOA1 received/check cashed i 485 and 130 (direct adjustment)

11/7/2019      Interview- Norfolk

11/10/2019    APPROVED (notification rec'd 11/10, approval dated 11/8)

DONE FOR TWO YEARS!!! ;)

Filed everything ourselves with no RFE's or delays.

CR1 for Child under 21 (20 at time of filing)- Filed by LPR Spouse for his son

4/4/20     Mailed packet

4/12/20   NOA1 rec'd

10/14/21 (havent heard anything... when do i start to get worried?)

9/15/22 APPROVED! Now to wait for NVC and interview....

ROC

10/14/21 Mailed to AZ PO Box. Let the waiting begin. Again.

10/16/21 Received at PO Box

10/19/21 Received Text NOA1

10/23/21 Received Mailed NOA1

Filed: IR-2 Country: Pakistan
Timeline

its was a divorce certificate in which date of free for marriage was mis write and they refused in first interview and later on we submitted evidence and usics reaffirmed it but islambad embassy refused today without any interview or anything and pakistan is not on ban list

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Just now, Awais._ said:

its was a divorce certificate in which date of free for marriage was mis write and they refused in first interview and later on we submitted evidence and usics reaffirmed it but islambad embassy refused today without any interview or anything and pakistan is not on ban list

so you were issued a 221 G for the corrected divorce certificate. You submitted that within the time frame they provided?

How long have you known each other/how many visits/ what kind of relationship evidence did you provide?

i 485, 130, EAD and AP

04/09/2019    NOA1 received/check cashed i 485 and 130 (direct adjustment)

11/7/2019      Interview- Norfolk

11/10/2019    APPROVED (notification rec'd 11/10, approval dated 11/8)

DONE FOR TWO YEARS!!! ;)

Filed everything ourselves with no RFE's or delays.

CR1 for Child under 21 (20 at time of filing)- Filed by LPR Spouse for his son

4/4/20     Mailed packet

4/12/20   NOA1 rec'd

10/14/21 (havent heard anything... when do i start to get worried?)

9/15/22 APPROVED! Now to wait for NVC and interview....

ROC

10/14/21 Mailed to AZ PO Box. Let the waiting begin. Again.

10/16/21 Received at PO Box

10/19/21 Received Text NOA1

10/23/21 Received Mailed NOA1

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Thread is moved from the Direct Consular Filing forum to the CR-1 Case Progress subforum.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

6 hours ago, debbiedoo said:

so you were issued a 221 G for the corrected divorce certificate. You submitted that within the time frame they provided?

How long have you known each other/how many visits/ what kind of relationship evidence did you provide?

It sounds like another case over the last couple weeks where the date that the divorce became final was after the petition was filed.  This may have been the wrong date written on the divorce decree but according to the incorrect date they were not legally free to marry when the petition was submitted.  Reaffirmation would not correct the fatal error.  Refiling a new CR-1 now would probably be the only way to actually fix the issue.  

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
5 hours ago, John & Rose said:

It sounds like another case over the last couple weeks where the date that the divorce became final was after the petition was filed.  This may have been the wrong date written on the divorce decree but according to the incorrect date they were not legally free to marry when the petition was submitted.  Reaffirmation would not correct the fatal error.  Refiling a new CR-1 now would probably be the only way to actually fix the issue.  

Actually thats why his case was returned the first time in which they were able to overcome.   

He is currently waiting for the second interview and his status changed from returned to NVC to refused and the others in  his case say returned to NVC.  I believe this is normal as my case also changed from returned to NVC to refused when it reached back to the embassy.  The others in his case must not have been updated yet.  I could be wrong but I honestly don't believe they return it without a second interview.

I have told him many times to be patient but obviously patience is not his strong suit.

Just now, Awais._ said:

unfortunately my reaffirmed case refused by islambad embassy without any interview?

I think you should listen to @Ahmed&Freda they have a lot of experience with the reaffirmed case process.

1 hour ago, Ahmed&Freda said:

Actually thats why his case was returned the first time in which they were able to overcome.   

He is currently waiting for the second interview and his status changed from returned to NVC to refused and the others in  his case say returned to NVC.  I believe this is normal as my case also changed from returned to NVC to refused when it reached back to the embassy.  The others in his case must not have been updated yet.  I could be wrong but I honestly don't believe they return it without a second interview.

I have told him many times to be patient but obviously patience is not his strong suit.

I assumed that the fundamental flaw was not relieved due to reaffirmation since it is not a new filing. It was reaffirming the fact that the petition was void due to the petitioner not being legally free to marry. I hope this works out for them. 

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

3 hours ago, John & Rose said:

I assumed that the fundamental flaw was not relieved due to reaffirmation since it is not a new filing. It was reaffirming the fact that the petition was void due to the petitioner not being legally free to marry. I hope this works out for them. 

A reaffirmed petition means USCIS reviewed the case again and determined that the petition is valid.

This is typically when the consulate/embassy believes it was improperly approved (not legally married, not a bona fide marriage, etc.) so they send the petition back to USCIS. USCIS then reviews it and either reaffirms or revokes it, or (usually) sends a NOIR.

Once reaffirmed, the petition is sent back to NVC then to the embassy/consulate again. They are not supposed to refuse the visa again for the same reason due to the same evidence (although they can refuse again if there's new evidence to suggest the same reason for ineligibility applies).

In this case, it sounds like the case wasn't actually refused again....it's still going through the process.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Filed: IR-2 Country: Pakistan
Timeline
1 minute ago, geowrian said:

A reaffirmed petition means USCIS reviewed the case again and determined that the petition is valid.

This is typically when the consulate/embassy believes it was improperly approved (not legally married, not a bona fide marriage, etc.) so they send the petition back to USCIS. USCIS then reviews it and either reaffirms or revokes it, or (usually) sends a NOIR.

Once reaffirmed, the petition is sent back to NVC then to the embassy/consulate again. They are not supposed to refuse the visa again for the same reason due to the same evidence (although they can refuse again if there's new evidence to suggest the same reason for ineligibility applies).

In this case, it sounds like the case wasn't actually refused again....it's still going through the process.

thanks all for help 

9 hours ago, geowrian said:

We learn something new everyday. This is really an interesting group of processes.  I hope this all works out for the OP!

IMG_5168.jpeg

18 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

We learn something new everyday. This is really an interesting group of processes.  I hope this all works out for the OP!

Yup!

As an FYI, the K-1 process used to be the same, but they stopped reviewing the returned petition several years ago (due to a fraud marker that made it worse if revoked...so it was actually a good thing in most cases as it wasn't faster than filing a new petition).

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

• Ryan H locked this topic

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.