Juniper

NVC accepted CPSA protection before priority date became current

192 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
4 hours ago, Juniper said:

When the DS-260 was submitted, the F2A-F2B visa was "sought with the State Dept."  Then you got the visa status back to F2A in July 2019.

Therefore, the beneficiary "CSPA age as of May 1st, 2019" freezes for one year to go through the NVC "documentarily qualified" time period (what you are doing now) and to allow time for getting the US Embassy interview accomplished.

The biggest problem you had of getting the F2A visa status is already solved.  NVC is working with you to get "documentarily qualified".  Then after that, NVC will schedule the US Embassy interview.  So don't worry about the aging out because NVC is working with you at this time with the one year CSPA freeze time period.

She submitted DS-260 December 2018. On CEAC page it says accepted already. So I don’t know if i’ll have her submit it again. Right now they just accepted all of our financial documents but they wanted me to rescan my greencard. That means I have to wait for another 3-4 weeks again for any update. Good to know that her age freezes. Right now her CSPA age is 20 yrs and 10 months so I thought we only have 2 months deadline for her to get interviewed otherwise she’ll aged out again. Thank you that is a relief.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
3 hours ago, Joseliza said:

She submitted DS-260 December 2018. On CEAC page it says accepted already. So I don’t know if i’ll have her submit it again. Right now they just accepted all of our financial documents but they wanted me to rescan my greencard. That means I have to wait for another 3-4 weeks again for any update. Good to know that her age freezes. Right now her CSPA age is 20 yrs and 10 months so I thought we only have 2 months deadline for her to get interviewed otherwise she’ll aged out again. Thank you that is a relief.

The DS-260 is good from Dec 2018.  No new one required.  You will probably get a quicker response than 3-4 weeks again after scanning your green card.  You will be getting an official message where you uploaded your documents and also an email when you are "Documentarily Qualified".  That is the next upcoming goal.  Then after that NVC will schedule interview.  This will all get done before May 2020.

Keep doing what you are doing.

Edited by Juniper

Timeline
2 hours ago, Juniper said:

The DS-260 is good from Dec 2018.  No new one required.  You will probably get a quicker response than 3-4 weeks again after scanning your green card.  You will be getting an official message where you uploaded your documents and also an email when you are "Documentarily Qualified".  That is the next upcoming goal.  Then after that NVC will schedule interview.  This will all get done before May 2020.

Thank you so much. 🥰🥰🥰

Timeline
3 hours ago, Juniper said:

So her age will be frozen as 20 yrs and 5 months CSPA age when priority date became current Last May 2019...even if  currently her real age is 22 yrs and 7 months? 

Edited by Joseliza
Added more questions

Timeline
13 hours ago, Joseliza said:

So her age will be frozen as 20 yrs and 5 months CSPA age when priority date became current Last May 2019...even if  currently her real age is 22 yrs and 7 months? 

Yes, her CSPA age when priority date became current last May 1st, 2019 is frozen for a year since you "sought" immigration visa with NVC by submitting a DS-260 previously in Dec 2018.

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline

Hi! I just want to tell you that I did what was on one of your posts. I instructed my daughter to email US Embassy in Manila at NVCexpedite@state.gov to get her case expedited.  After 3 days they scheduled her an appointment for medical on 10/27/2019 and interview at the embassy on 11/07/2019. I’ll just wait for the magic words “visa approved”. I will keep you posted. 

I’d like yo thank you for sharing your knowledge about this type of case. May you be able to help more people that all they want is to be united with their families. You’ve been such a great help. 

Timeline
7 hours ago, Joseliza said:

Hi! I just want to tell you that I did what was on one of your posts. I instructed my daughter to email US Embassy in Manila at NVCexpedite@state.gov to get her case expedited.  After 3 days they scheduled her an appointment for medical on 10/27/2019 and interview at the embassy on 11/07/2019. I’ll just wait for the magic words “visa approved”. I will keep you posted. 

I’d like yo thank you for sharing your knowledge about this type of case. May you be able to help more people that all they want is to be united with their families. You’ve been such a great help. 

You're very welcome.  Working with the US Embassy in Manila is a very different experience as they seem to be more communicative.  Being prepared with the pertinent information you found in this thread obviously helped. It is very nice to have family together. Very glad you are on your way to having your family together by following the rules.

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: Timeline

Maybe you guys can help me here's the time table. VISA class is f24 instead of f22. My question is I read some of suggestions that i need to file ds260 before requesting to adjust CSPA. But, how can i file ds260 if fee is needed and fee option is not available?

Date of Birth : October 10, 1997

Priority Date: July 15, 2017

Approval Date: July 11, 2019

Visa bulletin current date: June 2019(visa current for 15 july 2017)

Petition pending duration: 2 years 4days

Visa availability date: July 011, 2019

Received Notice of Immigration Visa Case Creation from NVC: November 12, 2019 (NVC case number: MNL........)

November 12, 2019: made an inquiry/request to ask nvc to change visa class to f22

Actual age when visa became available: 21 years 9 moths 5 days

CSPA age: 19 years 9 months 8 days

Timeline
12 minutes ago, 7www7 said:

Maybe you guys can help me here's the time table. VISA class is f24 instead of f22. My question is I read some of suggestions that i need to file ds260 before requesting to adjust CSPA. But, how can i file ds260 if fee is needed and fee option is not available?

Received Notice of Immigration Visa Case Creation from NVC: November 12, 2019 (NVC case number: MNL........)

November 12, 2019: made an inquiry/request to ask nvc to change visa class to f22

Hi,

I will send you the timeline of my daughter’s petition. 

DOB: 03/07/1997

priority date: 02/06/2017

approval: 10/01/2018

priority date became current: 05/01/2019

***in between I’ve been sending inquiry and calling NVC***

11/26/2018- when we received an email from NVC that we can log in to CEAC website using case number and an invoice number that they’ve provided. Paid fees right away.

12/08/2018- Gathered all legal documents and financial document needed scanned to CEAC and my daughter was able to fill out ds-260 and submitted documents.

12/11/2018- received an email that her F2A was converted to F2B. I called and they they we have to wait until priority date became current. 

04/01/2019- sent them an request to convert it back to f2a due to child status protection act. 

07/01/2019- I checked the CEAC page it was converted back to F2A then the next 2 days I received an email that it was approved due to CSPA. 

Scan and Send documents again back and forth from July-September

October 3,2019- my daughter sent and email to nvcexpedite@state.gov telling them that I’m having health issues due to stress and anxiety. 

10/07/2019- approved for expedited processing. Received an email that she has medical appointment 10/24/2019 and interview 11/07/2019 at the Manila US Embassy. Approved. After 3 business days she received her passport with visa

Timeline
On 10/27/2019 at 7:37 PM, Juniper said:

You're very welcome.  Working with the US Embassy in Manila is a very different experience as they seem to be more communicative.  Being prepared with the pertinent information you found in this thread obviously helped. It is very nice to have family together. Very glad you are on your way to having your family together by following the rules.

Hello! I just want to let you know that my daughter’s interview was approved. She received the visa 3 days after the interview. She will be here before Thanksgiving! Thank you so much!!!

On 10/27/2019 at 7:37 PM, Juniper said:

Timeline
41 minutes ago, 7www7 said:

2 hours ago, Joseliza said:

Hi,

11/26/2018- when we received an email from NVC that we can log in to CEAC website using case number and an invoice number that they’ve provided. Paid fees right away.

12/08/2018- Gathered all legal documents and financial document needed scanned to CEAC and my daughter was able to fill out ds-260 and submitted documents.

12/11/2018- received an email that her F2A was converted to F2B. I called and they they we have to wait until priority date became current. 

04/01/2019- sent them an request to convert it back to f2a due to child status protection act. 

07/01/2019- I checked the CEAC page it was converted back to F2A then the next 2 days I received an email that it was approved due to CSPA. 

October 3,2019- my daughter sent and email to nvcexpedite@state.gov telling them that I’m having health issues due to stress and anxiety. 

10/07/2019- approved for expedited processing. Received an email that she has medical appointment 10/24/2019 and interview 11/07/2019 at the Manila US Embassy. Approved. After 3 business days she received her passport with visa

Hi,

Thanks for the info. Maybe i need to wait for NVC to change the visa class to f22. I already paid for aos but for him to submit his documents(ds260 etc.) I need to pay for it but theres no option to pay for it, maybe because NVC switched him to f2b.

Timeline
2 hours ago, 7www7 said:

Thanks for the info. Maybe i need to wait for NVC to change the visa class to f22. I already paid for aos but for him to submit his documents(ds260 etc.) I need to pay for it but theres no option to pay for it, maybe because NVC switched him to f2b.

It will happen. Keep reading articles about CSPA so that they when you call them you know what to ask. Usually it takes 3-4weeks for NVC inquiry to respond back to you. Call them(long hold...just a head’s up) 

My daughter’s biological age is 22 years old and 8 months (20 yrs & 11 months CSPA adjusted age) and she was given a visa. Be patient and persistent. 

Timeline
5 hours ago, 7www7 said:

It will happen. Keep reading articles about CSPA so that they when you call them you know what to ask. Usually it takes 3-4weeks for NVC inquiry to respond back to you. Call them(long hold...just a head’s up) 

My daughter’s biological age is 22 years old and 8 months (20 yrs & 11 months CSPA adjusted age) and she was given a visa. Be patient and persistent. 

For 1st quote above:

You need to wait 2-3 business days after successfully paying the AOS fee before the Immigration Fee can be paid.  Then you wait another  2-3 business days after successfully paying the immigrant fee before you can click on the DS-260 application button.

Do not call NVC for CSPA protection like in 2nd quote, I already have the NVC answer for this and posted this information in first post of this thread:

AFTER you submit the DS-260 (because NVC cannot act until this happens), you make a "CSPA Protection Request" thru the AskNVC webpage:

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/ask-nvc.html?wcmmode=disabled

Make sure to give all relevant CSPA information (as you have already have done with your posts).  Wait at least 5-10 business days for a AskNVC response email that your "Request" has been forwarded to the correct department.  Then .... do not expect another email about visa class changed back to F22 ... just check CEAC online. This could take another 2-4 weeks.  You will get a NVC email that schedules a US Embassy interview.  Once visa class goes back to F22 and applicant is "current" (as they are), the interview scheduling happens within a month typically.

Edited by Juniper

38 minutes ago, Juniper said:

For 1st quote above:

You need to wait 2-3 business days after successfully paying the AOS fee before the Immigration Fee can be paid.  Then you wait another  2-3 business days after successfully paying the immigrant fee before you can click on the DS-260 application button.

Do not call NVC for CSPA protection like in 2nd quote, I already have the NVC answer for this and posted this information in first post of this thread:

AFTER you submit the DS-260 (because NVC cannot act until this happens), you make a "CSPA Protection Request" thru the AskNVC webpage:

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/ask-nvc.html?wcmmode=disabled

Make sure to give all relevant CSPA information (as you have already have done with your posts).  Wait at least 5-10 business days for a AskNVC response email that your "Request" has been forwarded to the correct department.  Then .... do not expect another email about visa class changed back to F22 ... just check CEAC online. This could take another 2-4 weeks.  You will get a NVC email that schedules a US Embassy interview.  Once visa class goes back to F22 and applicant is "current" (as they are), the interview scheduling happens within a month typically.

Why is it for my daughter which is f22, i was able to pay both aos fee and iv fee at the same time. But  for my son(cspa) which is f24 i was able to pay aos fee but his name does not appear at applicant information but there's an option button "add applicant". 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.