lierre

Trump wants up to 15,000 troops at border to deal with migrant caravan [merged threads]

93 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
1 hour ago, Marty Byrde said:

We just spent 1000s of dollars.  Multiple back ground checks,  at least 4 trips to USICS, 2 physicals, and a mountain of paper work to get our citizenship today. We also registered yo vote at USICS today. No one should be allowed to come across the border illegally. Zer tolerance. 

As for the ceremony.  It was awesome . They talked about learning English, played the national anthem,  Lee Grenwoods proud to be American. Recited the pledge of allegiance and played short Video from our President. 

It was enough to trigger a good little MDL into a TDS meltdown. 

One person in front of me did not stand up and played on her phone during the National anthem. I contemplated would federal charge I would get for grabbing her by her hair and snatching her to her feet.

It might be short-sighted of me, but I think ripping up her naturalization certificate for that blatant lack of respect would have been called for.  Just sayin’.

8 minutes ago, Satisfied said:

It might be short-sighted of me, but I think ripping up her naturalization certificate for that blatant lack of respect would have been called for.  Just sayin’.

To be fair she was with a person being sworn in. I dont care if I was in North Korea I would stand for their Anthem out of respect for those around me

Incredible ... Blatant disrespect, if not for the country but the sanctity of the occaision

9 minutes ago, Randyandyuni said:

Incredible ... Blatant disrespect, if not for the country but the sanctity of the occaision

I am sure several noticed me glaring. I really had to fight the urge not to make a scene 

2 hours ago, Marty Byrde said:

We just spent 1000s of dollars.  Multiple back ground checks,  at least 4 trips to USICS, 2 physicals, and a mountain of paper work to get our citizenship today. We also registered yo vote at USICS today. No one should be allowed to come across the border illegally. Zer tolerance. 

As for the ceremony.  It was awesome . They talked about learning English, played the national anthem,  Lee Grenwoods proud to be American. Recited the pledge of allegiance and played short Video from our President. 

It was enough to trigger a good little MDL into a TDS meltdown. 

One person in front of me did not stand up and played on her phone during the National anthem. I contemplated would federal charge I would get for grabbing her by her hair and snatching her to her feet.

I agree 100%. After what we went through to get my wife and step son here I have zero tolerance for those who come here illegally. Thousands of dollars, over a year apart from my family and even having to get my Congressman involved. Not to mention the mountain of paperwork including papers we had to deal with the Philippines government to get (not an easy or quick task). And most of it I am okay with (the fees may be a little too high and processing seems inefficient). At the end of the day those processes stop criminals/terrorists and people who pose a public health risk from entering the country. If you don't want to follow our laws and submit to background checks and health screenings you don't need to be here as far as I am concerned. I also believe you should assimilate to our culture (though keeping some of the culture from your home country is also fine). You should also make an effort to learn and speak English.

Congrats on the citizenship. We are preparing to apply for my wife and step sons 10 year green cards right now (more money to fork over to the government) and I believe (but I have to double check) they will be eligible to apply for citizenship one year after that.

52 minutes ago, Marty Byrde said:

To be fair she was with a person being sworn in. I dont care if I was in North Korea I would stand for their Anthem out of respect for those around me

If i was the person being sworn in I would be embarrassed to be seen with that person. If I was there for my wife and step son and I saw that person doing that I would probably not be able to stop myself from saying something to them.

morfunphil1_zpsoja67jml.jpg

6 minutes ago, jg121783 said:

I agree 100%. After what we went through to get my wife and step son here I have zero tolerance for those who come here illegally. Thousands of dollars, over a year apart from my family and even having to get my Congressman involved. Not to mention the mountain of paperwork including papers we had to deal with the Philippines government to get (not an easy or quick task). And most of it I am okay with (the fees may be a little too high and processing seems inefficient). At the end of the day those processes stop criminals/terrorists and people who pose a public health risk from entering the country. If you don't want to follow our laws and submit to background checks and health screenings you don't need to be here as far as I am concerned. I also believe you should assimilate to our culture (though keeping some of the culture from your home country is also fine). You should also make an effort to learn and speak English.

Congrats on the citizenship. We are preparing to apply for my wife and step sons 10 year green cards right now (more money to fork over to the government) and I believe (but I have to double check) they will be eligible to apply for citizenship one year after that.

If i was the person being sworn in I would be embarrassed to be seen with that person. If I was there for my wife and step son and I saw that person doing that I would probably not be able to stop myself from saying something to them.

If I am not mistaken it is 3 years from the adjustment of status green card, but many here know much more than I 

I really had to fight the urge,  but a lot more standing there clutching a flag than you will ever see on a NFL sideline.

1 hour ago, Marty Byrde said:

If I am not mistaken it is 3 years from the adjustment of status green card, but many here know much more than I 

I really had to fight the urge,  but a lot more standing there clutching a flag than you will ever see on a NFL sideline.

Good call. You don't ever want to get arrested in a federal building.

Lack of respect is everywhere. I just shake my head really loudly.

995507-quote-moderation-in-all-things-an

2 hours ago, Marty Byrde said:

It's 3 years after the "Resident Since XXXX" on the Greencard. 

So it was someone being naturalized or a visitor that failed to stand up for the National Anthem? 

4 hours ago, Marty Byrde said:

Same here.  At our ceremony, there were many tears eyes, and EVERYONE stood and sang the national anthem.  Proud moment for the inductees as well as their supporters.

30 minutes ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

It's 3 years after the "Resident Since XXXX" on the Greencard. 

So it was someone being naturalized or a visitor that failed to stand up for the National Anthem? 

Is it?  Or is it 5 years of presence in the US (minus the military loophole)?  How quickly I have forgotten...

It was a visitor/supporter of a person being sworn in NB said.

Edited by Satisfied

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline
1 hour ago, Steeleballz said:

Good call. You don't ever want to get arrested in a federal building.

Lack of respect is everywhere. I just shake my head really loudly.

It's a free country, and for all we know that person might a very good reason for not wishing to stand for the anthem. I always stand myself, but I would not be particularly upset either way, even if it was the Irish national anthem, someone chose to sit down for.

Punishing someone because they chose not to stand for an anthem is what they do in fascist dictatorships. 

Oct 19, 2010 I-130 application submitted to US Embassy Seoul, South Korea

Oct 22, 2010 I-130 application approved

Oct 22, 2010 packet 3 received via email

Nov 15, 2010 DS-230 part 1 faxed to US Embassy Seoul

Nov 15, 2010 Appointment for visa interview made on-line

Nov 16, 2010 Confirmation of appointment received via email

Dec 13, 2010 Interview date

Dec 15, 2010 CR-1 received via courier

Mar 29, 2011 POE Detroit Michigan

Feb 15, 2012 Change of address via telephone

Jan 10, 2013 I-751 packet mailed to Vermont Service CenterJan 15, 2013 NOA1

Jan 31, 2013 Biometrics appointment letter received

Feb 20, 2013 Biometric appointment date

June 14, 2013 RFE

June 24, 2013 Responded to RFE

July 24, 2013 Removal of conditions approved

12 minutes ago, Póg mo said:

It's a free country, and for all we know that person might a very good reason for not wishing to stand for the anthem. I always stand myself, but I would not be particularly upset either way, even if it was the Irish national anthem, someone chose to sit down for.

Punishing someone because they chose not to stand for an anthem is what they do in fascist dictatorships. 

Not standing to show respect for one’s country is what losers do.  In our country, we have to tolerate such shoddy behavior.  In some countries, that person would be put in jail or punished in other ways.  

I can think of not ONE single good reason not to stand for your country’s anthem.  And if I am in a foreign country, I stand for theirs as well (or whatever other form of respect that country shows their anthem).  Always have, always will.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline
1 minute ago, Satisfied said:

Not standing to show respect for one’s country is what losers do.  In our country, we have to tolerate such shoddy behavior.  In some countries, that person would be put in jail or punished in other ways.  

I can think of not ONE single good reason not to stand for your country’s anthem.  And if I am in a foreign country, I stand for theirs as well (or whatever other form of respect that country shows their anthem).  Always have, always will.

In my book, losers are the ones who think they are in a position to judge complete strangers.

Oct 19, 2010 I-130 application submitted to US Embassy Seoul, South Korea

Oct 22, 2010 I-130 application approved

Oct 22, 2010 packet 3 received via email

Nov 15, 2010 DS-230 part 1 faxed to US Embassy Seoul

Nov 15, 2010 Appointment for visa interview made on-line

Nov 16, 2010 Confirmation of appointment received via email

Dec 13, 2010 Interview date

Dec 15, 2010 CR-1 received via courier

Mar 29, 2011 POE Detroit Michigan

Feb 15, 2012 Change of address via telephone

Jan 10, 2013 I-751 packet mailed to Vermont Service CenterJan 15, 2013 NOA1

Jan 31, 2013 Biometrics appointment letter received

Feb 20, 2013 Biometric appointment date

June 14, 2013 RFE

June 24, 2013 Responded to RFE

July 24, 2013 Removal of conditions approved

17 minutes ago, Póg mo said:

In my book, losers are the ones who think they are in a position to judge complete strangers.

And thankfully for all of us, there are people with enough intestinal fortitude and love for this country to fight for your freedom to feel that way.  

Edited by Satisfied