1,969 posts in this topic

Mailed packet today. Waiver - Divorce

AOS from B1/2

05/19/2016: AOS/ EAD/ AP Sent (USPS 2-day priority)

05/21/2016: Packet delivered to Chicago lockbox
05/31/2016: NOA 1 e-notifications x 4 (emails and texts, cheques cashed)
06/03/2016: NOA 1 letters received x 4
06/18/2016: Biometrics letter received (appointment June 30)
06/21/2016: Biometrics early walk in @ USCIS Tukwila (Seattle, WA)

08/11/2016: EAD and AP approved and card ordered.

08/15/2016: EAD/AP Card mailed to me.

08/16/2016: Hard copy NOAs for EAD and AP received

08/17/2016: EAD/AP Card in hand. Received by USPS Priority Mail

11/01/2016: i-485 Status updated to: Interview is Scheduled

12/02/2016: Date of Interview. Tentative approval after interview.

12/05/2016: Case Approved showing on case status online and confirmed by text alert.

12/07/2016: Text to say case has been updated. Case status shows 'Card Mailed'.

12/09/2016: Green Card arrived in the mail.

11/21/2018: Mailed I-751 ROC Packet to Phoenix Lockbox (Divorce Waiver)

11/24/2018: Packet Received by USCIS

11/28/2018: Credit Card Charged by USCIS

02/05/2019: NOA - 18 Month Extension received

04/22/2019: Biometrics Appointment Letter received 

02/27/2020: Approved for 10 Year GC (no interview)

09/07/2021: N400 Online 5 year route

09/07/2021: NOA Actively reviewing case

09/07/2021: Biometrics Reuse notice received 

08/04/2022: Interview and Oath on Same day. 

Now US Citizen 

08/28/2023: I-130 for Ukrainian Spouse

08/31/2023: I-130 Approval Notice

Hey guys, Just in the middle of finishing my I-751 form for my wife the petitioner.  Few questions.

1.  On the form I-751, under Part 4,  it asks for my A-NUMBER ( IF ANY).  I am the US Citizen and I was a naturalized US Citizen through my parents.  I have my US Citizenship certificate, and it has two A numbers there,  One is A number in all RED on top right and another is INS Registration No A........  So which one of these if required goes in that Part 4 for me the US Citizen Spouse.

2.  On Part 11, the additional info page, we don't require any additional space of info on that page, therefore majority of those columns will be NONE/NA.  However under the full name and A-Number, does my wife the petitioner still put her name and A number or she can mark that N/A as well.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~~Post merged with existing thread~~

22 hours ago, seattlegc said:

Forgive me if a thread for November 2018 I-751 filers has already been started but I looked and couldn't find one.

Mailed my Self Petition (Divorce) i-751 today.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

6 minutes ago, MD1 said:

I have not received my I 797 receipt notice even though I receive an email from USCIS on November 6 that they mailed my receipt. The email says that I should receive it 7 to 10 days by standard mail and it's now been more than 16 days (11 business days). Anyone knows why receiving the hard copy NOA taking so long?

I think there is a delay, I got the same receipt on the 8th and waiting as well.

1 minute ago, MD1 said:

Thanks so much. I need to travel by early January so this makes me a bit nervous. I hope we will all receive it on time. 

Same, my green card is still in date when I need to travel, but it makes me nervous travelling with less than a month on my green card and no extension letter.

1 minute ago, fluxity said:

Same, my green card is still in date when I need to travel, but it makes me nervous travellng with less than a month on my green card and no extension letter.

Good luck to you and all of us. Mine is expiring before my anticipated return (GC is still valid), so I absolutely need my letter to be able to travel. 

On 11/22/2018 at 2:00 AM, Shau said:

Hey guys, Just in the middle of finishing my I-751 form for my wife the petitioner.  Few questions.

1.  On the form I-751, under Part 4,  it asks for my A-NUMBER ( IF ANY).  I am the US Citizen and I was a naturalized US Citizen through my parents.  I have my US Citizenship certificate, and it has two A numbers there,  One is A number in all RED on top right and another is INS Registration No A........  So which one of these if required goes in that Part 4 for me the US Citizen Spouse.

2.  On Part 11, the additional info page, we don't require any additional space of info on that page, therefore majority of those columns will be NONE/NA.  However under the full name and A-Number, does my wife the petitioner still put her name and A number or she can mark that N/A as well.

Hi, 

For the us citizen Spouse part, you don't provide a A-number. The applicant who is removing conditions provides his/her A-number.

An A-number is an Alien Registration number. If you are already a us citizen, it doesn't matter how you got your citizenship,  you are no longer an alien (or you are no longer under immigration proceedings). You can always add a copy of your citizenship certificate. 

On the part 11, you provide these information only if you're going to add additional information. If not, don't worry about it. 

Edited by Malauriea

Finalizing our packet to be mail this week! 

i do have some random questions:

I printed our joint credit card statement summary from the past two years (2016 & 2017):

The year end statement summary shows everything that was purchased on that year- My question is if that's ok? or do i need to include actual monthly bank statement? I figured showing the year summary would be a better evidence than monthly statement.

Is W2 necessary? i have our tax statement from IRS 2016 & 2017 and tax returns

Thank you!

Getting ready to file the Removal of Condition I-751 and have the following dilemma, would like to know from someone who has been through the exact same method to see if it had worked for them without any issues.

I do not wish to use USPS for obvious reasons, however for payment purposes I'm providing a completed form:  G-1450, Authorization for Credit Card Transactions

Was wondering if it will work if I used this form G-1450 and sent using FedEx to the following address:

USCIS
Attn: I-751
2501 S State Hwy 121 Business
Suite 400
Lewisville, TX 75067

Am I correct to understand that this address is also a Lockbox facility and will be able to process card payment form? 

Thank you :)

On 11/20/2018 at 10:17 PM, Malauriea said:

Incredible!!! Right? But somehow true for most cases. 

I believe this whole thing works by case. Some cases get approved faster than others. And also depending on your service center speed. Some centers work faster than others. 

I read in some threads where applicants were approved in less than 6 months, others took more than 2 years. And if you file your naturalization while your i751 is pending,  that might help to save time. At the end of the 2 years of waiting,  you don't just get your i-751 approved, you also become a us citizen and end dealing with immigration for a while. 

I have sent it to Texas , do you think this is a fast center?

sent on 16th and have not heard anything from them yet.

1 minute ago, newyork1234 said:

I have sent it to Texas , do you think this is a fast center?

sent on 16th and have not heard anything from them yet.

Seems like they're pretty back logged.. 

On 11/22/2018 at 5:00 AM, Shau said:

Under Part 4, Question 5: For the US spouse, this would be the INS Registration No A...  (which refers to the Alien number) - second number below the red one.

For part 11, the full name and alien number is still provided but does not contain additional information. 

Getting ready to mail our packet this week-

What do you guys think of our cover letter and evidence?

Thank you!!

We have enclosed Form I-751, a check for $680: includes $595 the I-751 filing fee, $85 biometric service fee, and copy of the permanent resident card. Please also find the following documents enclosed to verify the status of our marriage and ongoing relationship

1. Copy of Marriage Certificate

2. Affidavits of bona fide marriage signed by (2) U.S citizens

3. Joint copies of tax statements and tax returns (Married Filing Jointly) from the previous two years

4. Letter from Employers stating the spouse listed as spousal beneficiary dependant

• 401(K) statement showing spouse listed as beneficiary

5. Letter from BECU Bank stating joint ownership of checking and saving account

• Joint BECU Checking and Savings account statement from the last 3 months

• Statement summary from 2016 & 2017

6. Front and back pictures of joint Credit Card (Spouse is registered as authorized user)

• Credit card monthly statement from the last 3 months

• Credit card full statement summary from 2016 & 2017

7. Copies of Spouse checking account

• Statement summary from 2016- present showing payment to joint credit card

8. Copies of second joint saving account

• Most recent statement

• Statements from 2016 and 2017

9. Copy of joint rental lease

10. Copies of joint insurances

• Car insurance

• Renter insurance

11. Copies of joint waste bill

12. Copies of water and rent bill

13. Travel Itinerary from 2016-present

14. Letter from USPS stating official address change 

15. Photos x 39 showing evidence of relationship

A few things that I did not include are our driver licenses. My wife still have her old address before she was married but her address has already been updated in the system (she updated it online) but her actual driver license still shows old address and it doesn't expire until late next year. 

We have separate health insurance- and our utilities bill only shows most recent ones since we were living under my parents until recently

Edited by d23

10 hours ago, Dazzelz said:

Seems like they're pretty back logged.. 

Under Part 4, Question 5: For the US spouse, this would be the INS Registration No A...  (which refers to the Alien number) - second number below the red one.

For part 11, the full name and alien number is still provided but does not contain additional information. 

We sent packet over the weekend. My spouse decided to leave part 11 blank, no name or alien number. I hope its okay......now I am worried :(

04/28/2016 - Packet reached USCIS (i-130, i-485, i-131, i-765)

05/05/2016 - Checks cashed

05/06/2016 - USCIS Email/Text acceptance confirmation

05/09/2016 - NOA1 hard copy

05/13/2016 - Biometrics letter arrived in mail

05/27/2016 - Biometrics scheduled

07/20/2016 - Submitted Service Request for (I-765); Sent letter to congressman
07/21/2016 - EAD card is being produced
07/21/2016 - AP document is being produced
07/23/2016 - AP documnt received
07/27/2016 - EAD card received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.