23 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
5 hours ago, adil-rafa said:

Ouch

not  a good idea

you need several visits 

Additional and longer visits between the wedding and visa interview can help.  If only there was a magic telepathic way to impress upon folks considering marrying a foreigner to do their research FIRST, BEFORE they marry or become engaged and file petitions, we would see far less heartache from denied visas.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
2 hours ago, pushbrk said:

Additional and longer visits between the wedding and visa interview can help.  If only there was a magic telepathic way to impress upon folks considering marrying a foreigner to do their research FIRST, BEFORE they marry or become engaged and file petitions, we would see far less heartache from denied visas.

and to check needed income requirements 

take more time to know the person as we don't know family background 

don't know why anyone would not take the time to read the country portal and embassy reviews / a lot of information there

Timeline
6 minutes ago, adil-rafa said:

don't know why anyone would not take the time to read the country portal and embassy reviews / a lot of information there

Lots of members don't find VJ until after they file their petition.  

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
12 hours ago, adil-rafa said:

Um I didn't know about Visa Journey until afterwards. Don't need your judgements though, thanks.

Marriage :

2018-04-19

I-130 Sent :

2018-05-18

I-130 NOA1 :

2018-05-22

I-130 Approved :

2018-11-28

NVC Received :

2019-01-03

Received DS-261 / AOS Bill :

2019-02-20

Pay AOS Bill :

2019-02-20

Send AOS Package :

2019-03-05

Receive IV Bill :

2019-02-20

Pay IV Bill :

2019-02-20

Send IV Package :

2019-03-05

Case Completed:                      

Receive Instruction and Interview appointment letter :

Interview :

2019-03-15

2019-04-11

2019-05-21

APPROVED

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
2 hours ago, PersaisX said:

Um I didn't know about Visa Journey until afterwards. Don't need your judgements though, thanks.

good Lord i was not judging you 

just know it is hard when problems arise because of income and / or the embassy looking at age, religions and culture and income

this is not my judgement / it is what happens

I really am here to support our journey to get a visa for a loved one

sorry u misinterpret my post

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
2 minutes ago, adil-rafa said:

good Lord i was not judging you 

just know it is hard when problems arise because of income and / or the embassy looking at age, religions and culture and income

this is not my judgement / it is what happens

I really am here to support our journey to get a visa for a loved one

sorry u misinterpret my post

14 hours ago, adil-rafa said:

Sounds like you were backhandedly reprimanding me for not researching on a forum I didn't even know existed at the time of filing. I read a lot about marrying in Morocco before I went there, to make sure I was bringing the right documents with me but I had never read about the warnings of marrying on a first visit until I happened upon visajourney  which was after we were already married a month earlier. As far as the size of the wedding I also didn't see it as a major issue at the time because my husband and mother in law showed me many photos of when both of my sisters in law got married and their celebrations were also small with immediate family only and held in their home. I only began to question it when I read about others here who had larger, fancier gatherings.

As far as the income thing is concerned, I can't seem to get much solid info on that because while I do believe I meet the income requirement, I've read of others on here who were told at the interview that the USC didn't make enough (even if they did) and they would need a co-sponsor. So what if they tell my husband the same thing? How and who decides that the USC doesn't make enough even if they do?

Marriage :

2018-04-19

I-130 Sent :

2018-05-18

I-130 NOA1 :

2018-05-22

I-130 Approved :

2018-11-28

NVC Received :

2019-01-03

Received DS-261 / AOS Bill :

2019-02-20

Pay AOS Bill :

2019-02-20

Send AOS Package :

2019-03-05

Receive IV Bill :

2019-02-20

Pay IV Bill :

2019-02-20

Send IV Package :

2019-03-05

Case Completed:                      

Receive Instruction and Interview appointment letter :

Interview :

2019-03-15

2019-04-11

2019-05-21

APPROVED

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

For the I 864 the numbers should be fairly clear but if you have any doubt have a Joint Sponsor ready.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline
6 hours ago, PersaisX said:

As far as the income thing is concerned, I can't seem to get much solid info on that because while I do believe I meet the income requirement, I've read of others on here who were told at the interview that the USC didn't make enough (even if they did) and they would need a co-sponsor. So what if they tell my husband the same thing? How and who decides that the USC doesn't make enough even if they do?

The Consular Officer makes that determination at the interview.  If you are, and have been, well over the minimum required income, then don't expect an issue.

I think the research issue comes down to understanding you were not just getting married in Morocco.  You wanted to live together in the US.  You neglected to research the immigration process.  If you had, you might have made some different decisions that would make being together in the US more likely.  It's a common and understandable oversight.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.