Jenny1977

RFE Foreing Divorce. Help Please!

24 posts in this topic

Today I receive an RFE but I really don't know how to fix it

Edited by Ontarkie
Removed attachment do to personal information.

16 hours ago, Jenny1977 said:

Today I receive an RFE but I really don't know how to fix it

Greebaun can you give me any advice please?

Edited by Ontarkie
edited quoted part to remove personal info

Just now, Jenny1977 said:

Greebaun can you give me any advice please?

I have many questions, some are the same as @cloquis has just posted. Give us a little more information to respond to.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

40 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

I have many questions, some are the same as @cloquis has just posted. Give us a little more information to respond to.

My ex and me got marry in The Dominican Republic we got the divorce in over there. You were living in Texas when we got the divorce

4 minutes ago, geowrian said:

Basically they want evidence that either of you resided in DR at the time of divorce, OR evidence that the divorce is recognized in wherever you did reside at the time.

DR has been known to act as a "divorce mill" for travelers in the past. People would either show up on a tourist visa just to divorce quickly (which as long as you paid them, they could do so in days even without the spouse knowing about it), or they used proxies and weren't even in the DR at the time of filing. The divorces were valid within DR, but not recognized abroad (presumably for a lack of due process).

So, do you mean that in order to do the K1 I have to get the divorce in the united state instead?

You must be clearer about the information you provide... because USCIS is making a lot of asumptions and inquiries

Do you mean you reside in Texas at the time of your divorce? Were your ex- residing in DR at the time of the divorce?

Also they arent saying you must get a new divorce, they are asking you either to prove your/his residence or to show that your divorce is valid wherever you were living at the moment of your divorce...

Smile :)

Edited by cloquis

6 minutes ago, cloquis said:

You must be clearer about the information you provide... because USCIS is making a lot of asumptions and inquiries

Do you mean you reside in Texas at the time of your divorce? Were your ex- residing in DR at the time of the divorce?

Also they arent saying you must get a new divorce, they are asking you either to prove your/his residence or to show that your divorce is valid wherever you were living at the moment of your divorce...

Smile :)

We both live in Texas during the divorce. I went back home and hire and attorney when the divorce process was ready they sent us the paper to sign it. We both did and sent it back to finish the divorce 

9 minutes ago, Jenny1977 said:

We both live in Texas during the divorce

You should have divorced in Texas since both of you reside in Texas.  Hopefully someone else has an idea if you can fix this in the DR.

March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

August 6, 2021 N-400 submitted by mail

September 7, 2021 I-751 Interview, Sept 8 Approved and Card Being Produced

October 21, 2021 N-400 Biometrics Completed  

November 30,2021  Interview, Approval and Oath

December 10, 2021 US Passport Issued

August 12, 2022 PHL Dual Nationality Re-established & Passport Approved 

April 6,2023 Legally Separated - Oh well

Yeah...time to seek a good attorney IMO. It sounds like this was a divorce by proxy, which the US will not recognize.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

25 minutes ago, geowrian said:

Yeah...time to seek a good attorney IMO. It sounds like this was a divorce by proxy, which the US will not recognize.

Thanks everybody for the information

Hmm my husband got divorce in DR. But he currently residing in DR his ex lives in NY. We got rfe for divorce papers. And it's been 136 days and we still waiting on an approval. PD Oct. 2017,  reading your post I'm wondering if that's what is causing our stall in the case. Anyway best of luck to you! Hopefully you can get it resolved

6 hours ago, jeanita68 said:

Hmm my husband got divorce in DR. But he currently residing in DR his ex lives in NY. We got rfe for divorce papers. And it's been 136 days and we still waiting on an approval. PD Oct. 2017,  reading your post I'm wondering if that's what is causing our stall in the case. Anyway best of luck to you! Hopefully you can get it resolved

Well your case is different. Today I will try to talk to a lawyer. But I think I will have to get de divorce again and reapply for K1 . I'm really sad .... 

2 minutes ago, Jenny1977 said:

Well your case is different. Today I will try to talk to a lawyer. But I think I will have to get de divorce again and reapply for K1 . I'm really sad .... 

SMH.. trust me I know the feeling. We been waiting well over a year. It's really sad and heart breaking. I pray every thing works out for you

36 minutes ago, jeanita68 said:

SMH.. trust me I know the feeling. We been waiting well over a year. It's really sad and heart breaking. I pray every thing works out for you

I hope the same for you sister. In your case your boyfriend was in Dr when he got the divorce . If you read the letter that they sent me it is one of the requirement and he was the . Be positive you will be good ! Send me PM if you want and I' ll let you know

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.