Successful Pinky

Where or How can i avail of Philippine or asian/ whitening beauty products here in USA?

15 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Thread is moved to the Philippines forum for the highest concentration of potential answers.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Amazon. You can't see a lot of whitening products here. A lot of people in the US wants to be tan.

Edited by NovaDC

15 minutes ago, Successful Pinky said:

Oh my.. i'm really having a hard time with these stuff.. thank you to your replies.. 

Don't be surprised if you find people loving dark skin here. That was one thing that amazes my asawa who used the whitening cream in the Philippines. She hasn't touched it since she came here in 2012 because darker skin is loved here. 

1 hour ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

Don't be surprised if you find people loving dark skin here. That was one thing that amazes my asawa who used the whitening cream in the Philippines. She hasn't touched it since she came here in 2012 because darker skin is loved here. 

I will second this too, my wife was also distraught about being dark but changed her opinion after literally hundreds of compliments on her complexion. Enjoy your heritage, us kano adore it

12 minutes ago, Randyandyuni said:

I will second this too, my wife was also distraught about being dark but changed her opinion after literally hundreds of compliments on her complexion. Enjoy your heritage, us kano adore it

My wife is usually pretty dark in the sun so she just tries to cover up as much as possible out in the sun. The only person I have seen completely covered while at the beach underneath the umbrella outside of the middle east.

Edited by Cyberfx1024

1 minute ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

My wife is usually pretty dark in the sun so she just tries to cover up as much as possible out in the sun. The only person I have seen completely covered while at the beach underneath the umbrella outside of the middle east.

My wife has a collection of long sleeve rash guards with matching bpardshort length bottoms to match, personally, I like the Morena look, she has a less PC term for it. When home in the Philippines after about 3-4 days she forgets and is pretty quickly dark

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

People in Philippines can't believe it when I tell them that there are tanning booths here in the US where people actually pay money to be darker...

Service Center: California Service Center

Consulate: Manila, Philippines

2010-03-02 I-129F Sent

2010-03-08 NOA1

2010-03-09 Check Cashed

2010-03-10 Case "touched"

2010-04-13 Case "touched"

2010-04-15 NOA2

2010-04-21 NVC Received

2010-06-01 K-1 Interview at US Embassy Manila

2010-06-08 Visa Issued

2010-07-08 POE: San Francisco, CA

2010-07-31 Married

2010-09-24 Sent AOS Package (I-185, I-765)

2010-09-27 AOS Package Received at Chicago Lockbox

2010-10-04 NOA (Notice of Receipt) date for I-485 & I-765

2010-10-07 Touch

2010-12-22 Biometrics

2010-12-22 I-485 Interview at Anchorage, AK

2010-12-27 2-yr Green Card Issued

2011-01-10 Green Card Received

2011-05-19 Vacation to Philippines

2011-07-02 Return from Philippines to US

As a USC I always wonder why there is so much spent on whitening products there.  I have convinced my wife and I am working on my 15 year old step daughter that we truly prefer the darker asian skin that they have now.  That is an excellent point about the tanning booths.  My unofficial guess is Americans spend as much or more on becoming darker than Filipinos spend on becoming lighter.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

On ‎10‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 12:10 AM, Successful Pinky said:

Hello.. 

Where can i buy Philippine or asian beauty products here in USA? Like avon Ph products, or Nivea whitening etc.? 

Although there's avon and nivea here.. products are not the same with those i am already using which my skin is used to. Thank you

I just did a quick search on Amazon for whitening cream and I found a fair amount of stuff. 

perhaps institute a reverse Balakbayan box approach ... chocolate, canned goods and clothes to Philippines, whitening agents, Ubi and Magic Sarap to U.S.

Amazon, I think. I never buy any sort of lightening products.

Also check out your local Asian markets.

“The fact that we are here and that I speak these words is an attempt to break that silence and bridge some
of those differences between us, for it is not difference which immobilizes us, but silence.
And there are so many silences to be broken.”

Audre Lorde

On 10/28/2018 at 3:56 PM, Cyberfx1024 said:

And the powder...Good Lord....)))

Not a newbie but lost my old info years ago) I have been through this process before --all the way through naturalization-- This site has always been a great help to me. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.