• Ready to schedule interview - 2021-12-22
  • Interview scheduled - 2022-01-04
  • Interview - 2022-02-01 / Postponed
  • New 10 year card being sent out!!!!
    2022-02-03 / Case Approved 2022-02-04

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
20 hours ago, thatguyuknow said:

This has nothing to do with the OP. A beneficiary cannot withdraw a petition and the case is already at the embassy so there is nothing that related to USCIS at this level.

to OP:

you are the beneficiary, so you cannot withdraw a petition. Also the petition itself is already approved so there is nothing to withdraw. 

You can let the embassy know with your case number and an explanation that you are not together anymore and you will not pursue this visa application.

7 minutes ago, Naes said:

This has nothing to do with the OP. A beneficiary cannot withdraw a petition and the case is already at the embassy so there is nothing that related to USCIS at this level.

Whoops my bad. 

I'd just send wherever it is a letter of withdraw. They're not going to ignore a letter telling them the relationship has dissolved. 

21 hours ago, Léon H said:

So you think it's better that i contact the US department or embassy to cancel the visa request? but my prouve was her telling me on a call that she's cheating, i dont have record of that…

If it went to the embassy you need to withdraw the letter. We got married and had to withdraw our Fiance Visa with the embassy, for us it was a letter signed by a Notary Public.

wpid-1030ldr.gif

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Moved from K1 Process & Procedures to Effects of Major Family Changes on Immigration Benefits forum.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,
Finally i sent an email to the Embassy, to withdraw my case, Remember my case is under AP from a year and half so far, i put a small explantation as she want to continue her life there and we decide both to separate.
However, I got an answer from the Embassy that they need a letter from the applicant, I as a beneficiary can't withdraw the case..
But the problem is i don't have any connection with her anymore, also, i don't trust her anymore, she may lie to them, and telling them for exemple I was using her, or i want to go there and stay illégale ….or any other false reason..Maybe she will do it, I never know anymore, and that will put a big black spot on my file for any further Visa demande later..

What you suppose ? how you think i have to act? anyway, if ever they give me this K1 Visa i will not use it and i wont go to US using it anyway…The only reason was to join my fiancé and build a family there.

Regards 

Filed: Timeline
12 minutes ago, Léon H said:

@Khallaf   @thatguyuknow @Naes  Please!?

You got various responses on this thread- some were unfortunately from users who gave inaccurate info and now you are back asking (some of ) the same users for more info...

As you were already advised the 129 process is done by the USC so it needs to be withdrawn by the USC. As the intending immigrant you can not withdraw the 129f. Do not go to any interview, do not give the Embassy your passport. The Embassy will not issue the K visa with out you showing up for an interview and presenting your passport- so there is absolutely no way the process will continue and a visa issued with out your participation.

You say you sent a letter saying the relationship is over. That is ALL YOU CAN DO. The Embassy wont officially mark the case as withdrawn unless the USC requests to do so- however the process will end because you are not pursuing it.

This can be an issue if you ever attempt another K visa. The embassy will require the previous K process to be withdrawn. Many people find themselves having to contact their old USC partner years later to ask them to withdraw it. I understand your situation and fear of her doing something harmful- but there is no other way for it be withdrawn.  

Edited by Damara

2 minutes ago, Damara said:

You got various responses on this thread- some were unfortunately from users who gave inaccurate info and now you are back asking (some of ) the same users for more info...

As you were already advised the 129 process is done by the USC so it needs to be withdrawn by the USC. As the intending immigrant you can not withdraw the 129f. Do not go to any interview, do not give the Embassy your passport. The Embassy will not issue the K visa with out you showing up for an interview and presenting your passport- so there is absolutely no way the process will continue and a visa issued with out your participation.

You say you sent a letter saying the relationship is over. That is ALL YOU CAN DO. The Embassy wont officially mark the case as withdrawn unless the USC requests to do so- however the process will end because you are not pursuing it.

This can be an issue if you ever attempt another K visa. The embassy will require the previous K process to be withdrawn. Many people find themselves having to contact their old USC partner years later to ask them to withdraw it. I understand your situation and fear of her doing something harmful- but there is no other way for it be withdrawn.  

I see, as you said i don't think i can do anything else, and i don't think i will contact my US fiancé about this anyway..
Thank you Damara…..

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
14 hours ago, Léon H said:

I see, as you said i don't think i can do anything else, and i don't think i will contact my US fiancé about this anyway..
Thank you Damara…..

I am sorry that you are going through all of this, but really unless you take the chance to contact her, you will never get a resolution, and attempting another possible fiance or spouse visa in the future this petition will need to get rectified. 

I know it isn't what you want to hear, but biting on the proverbial bullet, should be to explain and let her know you understand, and let her know you forgive her, and then explain the situation as calmly and as nicely as possible is really your only alternative.

Good luck in your future. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.