TBoneTX

I-751 July 2017 Filers, Part II

975 posts in this topic

Guys. Just wanted to update you all of my status.

Removal of conditions and Application for Naturalization were both simultaneously approved today.

Below is a timeline of events 

July 3rd, 2017 - filed for ROC (VSC)

July 4th 2018 - filed for Naturalization

January 29th, 2019 - passed interview for Naturalization. The interviewer had both cases. Citizen wife did not attend interview with me. 

February 7th, 2019 - both ROC and Naturalization approved

I wish you all the best of luck. For those who still have a pending ROC, I strongly recommend filing for Naturalization.

4 hours ago, Ben09 said:

Guys. Just wanted to update you all of my status.

Removal of conditions and Application for Naturalization were both simultaneously approved today.

Below is a timeline of events 

July 3rd, 2017 - filed for ROC (VSC)

July 4th 2018 - filed for Naturalization

January 29th, 2019 - passed interview for Naturalization. The interviewer had both cases. Citizen wife did not attend interview with me. 

February 7th, 2019 - both ROC and Naturalization approved

I wish you all the best of luck. For those who still have a pending ROC, I strongly recommend filing for Naturalization.

whoa my tineline is similar to you.july 10 vsc I 751 and july 3 newark nj N499. my interview is on feb 28 with both cases pending. what questions did they ask you. congrats!

1 hour ago, mrkrabbs said:

whoa my tineline is similar to you.july 10 vsc I 751 and july 3 newark nj N499. my interview is on feb 28 with both cases pending. what questions did they ask you. congrats!

When I first went inside, the interviewer told me that he had both of my cases (ROC and N-400). He didn’t ask me any questions regarding my ROC. For the Naturalization, he only asked some basic questions that I had listed on the N-400 application, like name and address etc. Then he asked the 10 questions regarding the US civics test. Then he said that I passed the exam but he cannot approve my case until the ROC is approved. He said he has recommended the ROC for approval and then the N-400 will be approved aswell. 8 days later after the interview, both ROC and N-400 were approved at the same time.

38 minutes ago, fcorona85 said:

Well... here we go, another week. Good luck to everyone. 

19 months here waiting for my I751 approval, unfortunately it was sent to Lee summit office and I do not see movements there 😑😑 CSC filler Juky 24th

13 minutes ago, AlfNel23 said:

19 months here waiting for my I751 approval, unfortunately it was sent to Lee summit office and I do not see movements there 😑😑 CSC filler Juky 24th

Same story for me here. CSC filler July 19th. I got sent to Lee summit and it went quiet. I called last week the USCIS phone number and asked what is going on. They explained that my case is not in Lee Summit, it is in my local office here in Orlando, the reason that it says Lee Summit according to the USCIS lady is because it went to Lee Summit before sending it to Orlando, but she confirmed in the computer that the case has been received here. As far as processing, she said that it will be processed with the N400 which is in freaking October at the moment according to the N400 timeline. So.... no much hope for me other than somehow things get expedited 

1 hour ago, fcorona85 said:

Same story for me here. CSC filler July 19th. I got sent to Lee summit and it went quiet. I called last week the USCIS phone number and asked what is going on. They explained that my case is not in Lee Summit, it is in my local office here in Orlando, the reason that it says Lee Summit according to the USCIS lady is because it went to Lee Summit before sending it to Orlando, but she confirmed in the computer that the case has been received here. As far as processing, she said that it will be processed with the N400 which is in freaking October at the moment according to the N400 timeline. So.... no much hope for me other than somehow things get expedited 

Oh lol, excuse my language! Then my case is probably at my local office too Oakland Park FL and will be having a combo interview, N400 at my office is taking about 13 months, so I will seat tight because I won't probably hear from then until May. Applied June 15th for N400.

22 minutes ago, AlfNel23 said:

Oh lol, excuse my language! Then my case is probably at my local office too Oakland Park FL and will be having a combo interview, N400 at my office is taking about 13 months, so I will seat tight because I won't probably hear from then until May. Applied June 15th for N400.

I am afraid that is the case based on what the lady told me. 

5 hours ago, AlfNel23 said:

My case is in Lee summit as well now. They transferred my case “so the interview can be scheduled” - the note says. 19 months as well no movements. I just got my stamp - extension few weeks ago through the info pass. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
6 hours ago, fcorona85 said:

I wouldn’t put too much stock in the estimated processing times. Mine had said 14 months since I applied, putting me at a finish of August 2019. My combo interview was last week and after it was over, later that day, my estimate online changed to “4 months” still to go before my oath ceremony would be scheduled. The next day, my ceremony was scheduled for next week. It seems based on others’ experiences here that cases that have both an I-751 and N-400 pending and are “transferred to Lee Summit” more often than not are actually being transferred to the local office in preparation for interview. Hang in there!! 

1 hour ago, theanswerisdance said:

I wouldn’t put too much stock in the estimated processing times. Mine had said 14 months since I applied, putting me at a finish of August 2019. My combo interview was last week and after it was over, later that day, my estimate online changed to “4 months” still to go before my oath ceremony would be scheduled. The next day, my ceremony was scheduled for next week. It seems based on others’ experiences here that cases that have both an I-751 and N-400 pending and are “transferred to Lee Summit” more often than not are actually being transferred to the local office in preparation for interview. Hang in there!! 

Oh wow, that gives me hope!!! 

Good to know and congratulations on your approval and upcoming oath 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Turkey
Timeline

july 20 filed, i checked the processing time website, I can now do case inquiry, but I am not sure worth it or not. I wish they dont combine my i751 and n400...jul 20 filed, i checked the processing time website, I can now do case inquiry, but I am not sure worth it or not. I wish they dont combine my i751 and n400...

Edited by Can-thePNWhobbies

6 hours ago, theanswerisdance said:

Thank you, I hope that's the case for us too. Was your case transferred to Lee Summit Office?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.