11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi, I’m a March2018 filer here. It’s been seven months but I always check my status online and it says “case was received”. My fiancé always calls the uscis but same answer. My co-fiancés are approved already same month😭

It's just a waiting game. Try not to let it get to you...hopefully you'll hear back soon.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Hi. i am a march filer too (spouse visa). And  my case was weird, my wife called the uscis in 24th september. And they told her it was approved the same day, 3 days later she got a uscis letter saying the case was sent to the NVC. But the online status was updated in october 4th saying that the case was sent that day to the NVC. So the online status is not as accurate because the second time she called to the USCIS they told her the online status takes some days yo update, you should just call and ask about your process, when my wife called actually the lady was extremely nice. Good luck

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
50 minutes ago, geowrian said:

It's just a waiting game. Try not to let it get to you...hopefully you'll hear back soon.

Thanks🙂

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I wouldn’t say it is the same situation but it could be that we haven’t gotten our NOA2 in mail and our case is in consulate..even have send back the p3 but there is no NOA2..called USCIS several times and every time they say they have send it on American address but its been 2 months no sign of it..so i hope you get yours NOA2 probably gonna need it later and we don’t know what to do about it 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
9 hours ago, Margie Suetos said:

Hi, I’m a March2018 filer here. It’s been seven months but I always check my status online and it says “case was received”. My fiancé always calls the uscis but same answer. My co-fiancés are approved already same month😭

hope u are checking both old and new USCIS sites, because I am a march filer too and i was checking old site only which still says 'case recieved'   and new site was updated 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Ur not outside normal processing time. Many from March and even months before are still waiting. U can't do nothing to speed it up. It's gunna happen when it happens. Stressing over it won't make things any better either. 

Omce outside normal processing time u have many tools to assist u at ur disposal. For starters join the March filers threads and u can find many answers to ur questions there.

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/664160-march-2018-i-129f-filers/?page=118

event.png

https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do OLD SITE

https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/ NEW SITE

https://www.house.gov/representatives US Congressmen 

https://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm US Senators 

IN REGARDS TO WHICH DATE TO USE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

noa1 date is actually they date on ur hard copy. Sadly if u reach the magical 220 day u must wait till 225 to contact Uscis. They use what the new site says. Even if ur paper says X date. 

They added 5 days onto everyone’s accepted on NOA1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline

I am also a March Filer (March 29th). I received my NOA2 in the mail today with a notice date of 10/09. However, on the website (old and new), it still says that may case has been received. Hopefully you will receive your notice soon. Good luck. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.