HamoAus

Sydney K1 interview dates

44 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
12 hours ago, AlicerCooper said:

Nope and their auto-response says 1-2 business days... it'll be 3 business days tomorrow so I emailed again :(

You'll have to let us know the consulate experience! 

That's what I did, I emailed them on Monday just before my case arrived and gave them all my details as well as attached copies of my MRV receipts and my DS-160, and told them explicitly that I was available for Oct 30. Then later in the day when I saw my case was 'ready' I sent them another follow-up email to reiterate that I wanted to come down for the Oct 30 interview.

They responded to me on Tuesday afternoon and skipped the Packet 3 stuff, so I'd say you need to be very proactive with them. 😄

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline
8 hours ago, HamoAus said:

That's what I did, I emailed them on Monday just before my case arrived and gave them all my details as well as attached copies of my MRV receipts and my DS-160, and told them explicitly that I was available for Oct 30. Then later in the day when I saw my case was 'ready' I sent them another follow-up email to reiterate that I wanted to come down for the Oct 30 interview.

They responded to me on Tuesday afternoon and skipped the Packet 3 stuff, so I'd say you need to be very proactive with them. 😄

Yay they just responded to me today - 27th Nov appointment. Mine says 8:30am - is that just the general time they tell everyone or am I first in the queue I wonder?

Hamo you gotta tell us how long it takes from the interview to have ya VISA in hand! I can't wait to book my flight :D Hopefully we'll all be in the USA by Xmas 

K1 Visa NOA1:  March 2018

K1 Visa NOA2: Sept 2018 

K1 Approved: Nov 2018 (184 days/6 months since NOA1) 

Married 4th Jan 2019 

AOS NOA1: 4th Feb 2019

Biometrics: 25th Feb 2019

AOS interview: Oct 2019 (261 days from NOA1)

EAD/AP NOA1: Feb 2019 

EAD/AP Approved/Rc'd: Aug 2019 (196 days since NOA1) 

Timeline

I find this confusing, and highly frustrating. I emailed the consulate over two weeks ago requesting an October 30 interview and was specifically told there were none left and was given a November 27 interview. We're February filers.

From start to finish, this process is broken. Unfortunately in this case I'm the one who's asking for something generous and there isn't anything I can do about it. However everything from the processing time, to the lack of interview dates just screams broken processes. I hope that one day someone looks at it and makes a change for the sake of future couples.

Congratulations though on your interview date, it will make things a lot better for you after all the time apart.  Best of luck.

2 minutes ago, AlicerCooper said:

Yay they just responded to me today - 27th Nov appointment. Mine says 8:30am - is that just the general time they tell everyone or am I first in the queue I wonder?

Hamo you gotta tell us how long it takes from the interview to have ya VISA in hand! I can't wait to book my flight :D Hopefully we'll all be in the USA by Xmas 

Ooooh, you're straight after me! I'm 8am on the 27th

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Nate & Kylie said:

I find this confusing, and highly frustrating. I emailed the consulate over two weeks ago requesting an October 30 interview and was specifically told there were none left and was given a November 27 interview. We're February filers.

From start to finish, this process is broken. Unfortunately in this case I'm the one who's asking for something generous and there isn't anything I can do about it. However everything from the processing time, to the lack of interview dates just screams broken processes. I hope that one day someone looks at it and makes a change for the sake of future couples.

Congratulations though on your interview date, it will make things a lot better for you after all the time apart.  Best of luck.

It really really is.

Before I rc'd NOA2 I moved to Sydney from London. I contacted USCIS, and Sydney & London consulates to tell them this in July. Sydney/USCIS approved the change of consulates in July. Yet in Sept we received NOA2 with "LONDON" on it 😩 We gave them MONTHS notice of the change and they still got it wrong in the end and it was then up to us to chase up NVC every day begging for them to change the consulate from London to Sydney...

And one day a month to do the K1 interviews in Sydney? I totally get that maybe there isn't a lot of k1 filers but instead of allocating one day why not do two half days or something so that we're not waiting a whole month for the interview? Sorry you didn't get October, but now it really is only one more month. We can do it!!!

Married 4th Jan 2019 

Timeline
1 hour ago, AlicerCooper said:

I believe 8:30 is the time they want everyone who is getting interviewed that day to show up, or maybe 10mins before just to be safe, then everyone will go through the security screen I presume.

There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to the way they do things, maybe I just got lucky and managed to grab the last spot for the 30th, I dunno, but I definitely agree that its not a smooth or well organised process, its like jumping through flaming hoops while juggling chainsaws.

Anyway, the time I have to wait between the interview and my visa arriving might be a little longer than usual because the doctor won't send them my medical report until I get this problem with my lung fixed, but I'll let you know anyway.

Sorry you missed out on October btw.

Timeline

We had gotten the last Tuesday of November originally for interview date, the 27th. But my darling wrote an email to the embassy saying hes trying to make it here on Nov 23rd for my birthday, and so they gave him a new date, still a Tuesday, but Nov 6th! Maybe they dont always make them for the end of the month, but make room for allowances?

He has emailed them three times, by the way, asking for Oct 30th before he got Nov 6th.

Edited by KKat55

Timeline
20 hours ago, Nate & Kylie said:

Email them again and again...i dont think oct 30th is available anymore, but with persistence we got November 6th.

Tell them you havent heard back about changing the date, nice and politely, if you dont hear in a day or two, email again.

Timeline
On 10/26/2018 at 12:35 PM, KKat55 said:

Email them again and again...i dont think oct 30th is available anymore, but with persistence we got November 6th.

Tell them you havent heard back about changing the date, nice and politely, if you dont hear in a day or two, email again.

You got 6th November at Sydney for a k1 fiance visa?

Hmm wonder why they gave me such a far away date on the 27th Nov (unless 6th is full as well). Most of us were under the impression that they only interviewed on the last Tuesday of the month but I guess not! 

Married 4th Jan 2019 

Timeline
13 hours ago, AlicerCooper said:

You got 6th November at Sydney for a k1 fiance visa?

Hmm wonder why they gave me such a far away date on the 27th Nov (unless 6th is full as well). Most of us were under the impression that they only interviewed on the last Tuesday of the month but I guess not! 

I was under that impression too, we had Nov 27th, but we stressed to the Consulate that were trying to get my fiance here before 23rd, my birthday. I think they took pity on us. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
1 hour ago, HamoAus said:

Visa approved pending receipt of completed medical report.

Finally, the waiting is almost over! :dance:

Yay! Congratulations!

Timeline
2 hours ago, HamoAus said:

Visa approved pending receipt of completed medical report.

Finally, the waiting is almost over! :dance:

Tell us bout the interview experience ! CONGRATS!!! :D

Married 4th Jan 2019 

Timeline

My fiance got his approval on the 6th. Very easy process. However the Consulate didnt have his medical back from Dr. Rappaport, its delayed since he had to get an additional CT scan on his chest. 

They had it back in the doctors office on the 28th of October, so the delay sucks since he wants to fly out on the 16th!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.