291 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Panama
Timeline
On 2/18/2019 at 11:41 AM, jeka1700 said:

Hello everyone, I am in panamá with k1 process. Your comments have been very helpful. I have a daughter 3 years old. She will go with me. Does She need a different doctor? I have my vaccines, but I do not have a médical record. Where can i get the vaccines again in Panama? Thanks 

She needs to get them to get k2 visa can you go to her dr for the records? If you can’t get them she’ll have to get them all again any dr can give them getcyhem before you go for the medical it is more expensive there she will see the same doctor as you they only have one now

Timeline
On 2/21/2019 at 7:48 PM, SteVas said:

Hi @Ninaav,

Any update on your Visa? My fiancée 2nd medical appt is the same day as the interview. I wonder if it would be possible for her to take the medical paperwork with her and give to the consulate or do they require the hospital to send only.

Visa issued Friday had will pick it up next week! 😁

Timeline
On 2/23/2019 at 1:58 PM, Ninaav said:

Congratulations!! 

First Met - 03/2004

129F Sent - 04/07/2018

POE - 02/11/2019

AOS, AP, EAD NOA1 - 04/05/2019

Biometrics - 04/22/2019

AOS Interview - 06/13/2019

event.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Panama
Timeline
On ‎2‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 12:58 PM, Ninaav said:

Congrats on getting the visa issued!!!

I'll be heading that way tomorrow to be with her. She starts her medical tomorrow as well. She should be finish with her first medical exam by the time I arrive. Final medical on same day as interview on Wednesday. I'll keep you and @dwilder updated!

K-1 Timeline

04-20-18: Mailed I-129F Petition to Dallas Lockbox

04-23-18: Received Date

04-26-18: Notice Date

04-27-18: NOA1

11-07-18: Received RFE notice via text

11-13-18: Received RFE Letter

11-29-18: Returned RFE Information to USCIS

12-03-18: USCIS Received RFE Information

12-14-18: NOA2

01-07-19: NVC Received Case

01-11-19: Received NVC Case #

01-22-19: Left NVC

Timeline

Hi @Ninaav and @dwilder. My fiancée passed her interview pending her medical exam. She completed the 2nd medical exam with the doctor this morning and that went well. We went over to the interview later in the afternoon. It started off rough. There were a lot K1 interviews and only 1 person taking paperwork. When we finally was called we were asked to get new set of passport photos. My fiancée face was a little turned to the side. Since neither of us had any cash on hand, she had to leave while I watched our son and took a new number putting us as the last ones for K1 interviews. She went down the road to an ATM to get cash and was then able to come back and use the photo booth in the Embassy to take a new set of pictures. Turning in the paperwork and the interview went much smoother! He asked how and when we met, when was our son born, if she traveled to the US and if she ever overstayed her stay past 6 months. He actually asked me questions as well. Where I lived and if I still live there? He looked at our pics and that was it. I offered our other proof of evidence of meeting but he just looked at the photos. Probably took about 15 mins for the interview itself. The doctor said she will send our medical to the embassy on Friday. We informed the guy performing the interview and he said they should have it by Monday or Tuesday. I'm guessing the visa will be ready about 8 days after they receive the medical.

K-1 Timeline

Timeline

@SteVas congratulations!! How long are you staying in Panama?  Going to try to be on the same flight back?

Doesn't it feel so much better to be done with that part of the process? I was still so nervous on the interview day.

First Met - 03/2004

129F Sent - 04/07/2018

POE - 02/11/2019

Biometrics - 04/22/2019

event.png

Timeline
On 2/27/2019 at 10:31 PM, SteVas said:

Hi @Ninaav and @dwilder. My fiancée passed her interview pending her medical exam. She completed the 2nd medical exam with the doctor this morning and that went well. We went over to the interview later in the afternoon. It started off rough. There were a lot K1 interviews and only 1 person taking paperwork. When we finally was called we were asked to get new set of passport photos. My fiancée face was a little turned to the side. Since neither of us had any cash on hand, she had to leave while I watched our son and took a new number putting us as the last ones for K1 interviews. She went down the road to an ATM to get cash and was then able to come back and use the photo booth in the Embassy to take a new set of pictures. Turning in the paperwork and the interview went much smoother! He asked how and when we met, when was our son born, if she traveled to the US and if she ever overstayed her stay past 6 months. He actually asked me questions as well. Where I lived and if I still live there? He looked at our pics and that was it. I offered our other proof of evidence of meeting but he just looked at the photos. Probably took about 15 mins for the interview itself. The doctor said she will send our medical to the embassy on Friday. We informed the guy performing the interview and he said they should have it by Monday or Tuesday. I'm guessing the visa will be ready about 8 days after they receive the medical.

Congratulations 🎉👏😁 so exciting! Hope she is coming soon! We are waiting until mid April because that is when I have off work! 

Timeline
On 2/26/2019 at 6:56 AM, jeka1700 said:

Hello. How is the interview in Panama? Basic or Hard? 

Pretty basic from what I have heard they mostly wanted birth certificates passports and they did look st photos of our visits together and ask where we were how many times visited. 

Timeline
On 2/28/2019 at 10:26 AM, dwilder said:

@SteVas congratulations!! How long are you staying in Panama?  Going to try to be on the same flight back?

Doesn't it feel so much better to be done with that part of the process? I was still so nervous on the interview day.

Yes it feel good to be done with this part.

I'll be in Panama until the 16th. She gave her 15 day notice today at work so we'll looking to fly out on the 16th together.

We were nervous as well at first but the wait was so long it wore off.

K-1 Timeline

Timeline
On 3/1/2019 at 10:51 PM, SteVas said:

Yes it feel good to be done with this part.

I'll be in Panama until the 16th. She gave her 15 day notice today at work so we'll looking to fly out on the 16th together.

We were nervous as well at first but the wait was so long it wore off.

Hi Steve did your fiancé get her visa yet are you all going to make the 15? 

Timeline
12 hours ago, Ninaav said:

Hi Steve did your fiancé get her visa yet are you all going to make the 15? 

Hi Nina! Not yet. The status moved out of AP and is now in Application Received. They received the medical information. They didn't send on that Friday as they said. They didn't send to the embassy until Thursday. The clinic said there was a problem with sending but didn't give any specific reason. Due to the high cost of flights we pushed our travel back until the 19th. Spring Break has caused flights to become very expensive the weekend of the 16th. I'm hoping we'll be able to get visa in hand before it's time for our flights.

K-1 Timeline

Timeline
2 hours ago, SteVas said:

Hi Nina! Not yet. The status moved out of AP and is now in Application Received. They received the medical information. They didn't send on that Friday as they said. They didn't send to the embassy until Thursday. The clinic said there was a problem with sending but didn't give any specific reason. Due to the high cost of flights we pushed our travel back until the 19th. Spring Break has caused flights to become very expensive the weekend of the 16th. I'm hoping we'll be able to get visa in hand before it's time for our flights.

Yes medical delayed us also. You should get it within a day or two of it changing to nonimmigrant on ceac.

Timeline
On 3/9/2019 at 11:29 AM, Ninaav said:

Yes medical delayed us also. You should get it within a day or two of it changing to nonimmigrant on ceac.

I'm really hoping so! Do you remember how long it took for yours to go to nonimmigration after it changed to AR?

K-1 Timeline

Timeline
On 3/10/2019 at 10:09 PM, SteVas said:

I'm really hoping so! Do you remember how long it took for yours to go to nonimmigration after it changed to AR?

Any luck so far?

We just went to SSA to change my fiancees name today.  Hoping to mail all the paperwork this week.

First Met - 03/2004

129F Sent - 04/07/2018

POE - 02/11/2019

Biometrics - 04/22/2019

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.