291 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Panama
Timeline
On 1/8/2019 at 8:12 PM, Ninaav said:

Yes! But he may have to change the date he can’t get a medical until February 8

Aww I'm sorry to hear that! He might be able to try to walk in one? She is going to her medical today at 10pm, we we're schedule for Jan 23rd, but due to JMJ they called to reschedule.  

13 hours ago, SteVas said:

Wow! Sorry to hear that. Are they that booked up that it's taking a month to get a medical appt?

I'm thinking JMJ may be backing some things up.  With the Pope coming looks like a lot of roads/places will be closed.

On 1/7/2019 at 6:27 PM, Ninaav said:

Hi finally got an interview date for January 30 at 1 pm. Hope you had a good visit let me know how your medical goes. How much did the police clearance cost?

If you're able to get your medical done before the 30th maybe they will meet! She is also scheduled for 1pm. She should also be picking up the clearance today, I'll ask her the final cost.

Sorry forgot to respond when I got back.  Was a great trip!

First Met - 03/2004

129F Sent - 04/07/2018

POE - 02/11/2019

AOS, AP, EAD NOA1 - 04/05/2019

Biometrics - 04/22/2019

AOS Interview - 06/13/2019

event.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Panama
Timeline

Talking to my Fiancée, she informed me that there is now only one hospital that you can get your medical exam done, which is Hospital Punta Pacifica. She used to work at Centro Medico and knows the ER doctor that used to administer the exams. The doctor told her she has moved to a different unit and is no longer performing exams.

K-1 Timeline

04-20-18: Mailed I-129F Petition to Dallas Lockbox

04-23-18: Received Date

04-26-18: Notice Date

04-27-18: NOA1

11-07-18: Received RFE notice via text

11-13-18: Received RFE Letter

11-29-18: Returned RFE Information to USCIS

12-03-18: USCIS Received RFE Information

12-14-18: NOA2

01-07-19: NVC Received Case

01-11-19: Received NVC Case #

01-22-19: Left NVC

Timeline
14 hours ago, SteVas said:

Talking to my Fiancée, she informed me that there is now only one hospital that you can get your medical exam done, which is Hospital Punta Pacifica. She used to work at Centro Medico and knows the ER doctor that used to administer the exams. The doctor told her she has moved to a different unit and is no longer performing exams.

Ahh that makes more sense! So with JMJ being there soon, it is probably messing up the exam schedule pretty bad.  They scheduled my fiancee during it, then called her back 2 weeks later to reschedule. 

10 hours ago, Ari Cal said:

@dwilder We got an email in mid-December from the embassy confirming they received it! We're in the middle of gathering all the supporting docs!  

How has the police clearance process been for you? Any tips?

The process has not made my fiancee too happy lol.  She said the DIJ gets busy and has very very limited parking.  If you're fiance(e) lives in the city and can have someone drive him/her there might make it a little easier.  Also, you can pick up after the 3 day wait period.  They told her she had to pick it up on a Tuesday, but she couldn't make it back until Thursday.  For that part, they department that processes those only does the pick up service between 9-3pm.

@Ninaav The DIJ part was free, the place where you take it after she said cost $9.  You drop it off there and have to go back another day to pick it up also.  If there are any more costs there I'll let you know, she just dropped it off at the 2nd place yesterday.

I hope we all get this part done with soon! Then I guess we get to start it all over with the AOJ lol

First Met - 03/2004

129F Sent - 04/07/2018

POE - 02/11/2019

Biometrics - 04/22/2019

event.png

Timeline

@dwilder There's a 3 Day wait period for the police clearance? My fiancée has said it only takes a day. She's done it before as part of hiring process for her job. Do you know if it's a different process or waiting period for the interview?

K-1 Timeline

Timeline
On 1/11/2019 at 12:12 AM, Ari Cal said:

@dwilder We got an email in mid-December from the embassy confirming they received it! We're in the middle of gathering all the supporting docs!  

How has the police clearance process been for you? Any tips?

You have to go to multiple places to get the police certificate amand it takes at least a week I would  go get it now if you have your noa2 it is good for 6 months. My fiancé said it cost $65 but I think that might be because he is Colombian. The embassy said for him to go to the interview on the 30 andvthey will get the medical results after. They said the next available apointment is February 27

Timeline
On ‎1‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 6:29 PM, Ninaav said:

You have to go to multiple places to get the police certificate amand it takes at least a week I would  go get it now if you have your noa2 it is good for 6 months. My fiancé said it cost $65 but I think that might be because he is Colombian. The embassy said for him to go to the interview on the 30 andvthey will get the medical results after. They said the next available apointment is February 27

Thanks for the update @Ninaav. We've already received our case # from the NVC. I'm anticipating our case to be shipped out on the 22nd of this month (hoping ☺️).

Based off the next appointment being on February 27th, as well as yours and @dwilder interview this month, it look like they're interviewing once a month (Last Wednesday) for Panama Consulate.

K-1 Timeline

Timeline
On 1/11/2019 at 6:28 PM, SteVas said:

@dwilder There's a 3 Day wait period for the police clearance? My fiancée has said it only takes a day. She's done it before as part of hiring process for her job. Do you know if it's a different process or waiting period for the interview?

I'm not too sure, but I can assk to see if my fiancee knows.  Only thing I could guess would be maybe since at the DIJ we have to get the "For International Use" one.  The 2nd part of it only has a 1 day wait time though.

First Met - 03/2004

129F Sent - 04/07/2018

POE - 02/11/2019

Biometrics - 04/22/2019

event.png

Timeline
On 1/12/2019 at 7:29 PM, Ninaav said:

I'm glad you don't have to wait super long to get in! Sounds like our significant others may end up meeting after all!

First Met - 03/2004

129F Sent - 04/07/2018

POE - 02/11/2019

Biometrics - 04/22/2019

event.png

Timeline
10 hours ago, dwilder said:

I'm not too sure, but I can assk to see if my fiancee knows.  Only thing I could guess would be maybe since at the DIJ we have to get the "For International Use" one.  The 2nd part of it only has a 1 day wait time though.

Okay, that would make sense.

Do you or @Ninaav have a copy of the P3 for Panama? I would like to get started on some things if possible.

K-1 Timeline

Timeline
14 hours ago, SteVas said:

Do you or @Ninaav have a copy of the P3 for Panama? I would like to get started on some things if possible.

Below is the P3 email from the US Embassy in Panama.  Top is the original Spanish email and below is a google translated version to English (looks pretty good). 

SPANISH

Buenos días:

Adjunto encontrara las instrucciones y los requisitos para seguir su proceso de visa de prometido.

La entrevista tiene un costo de $265.00.

IMPORTANTE:

Es necesario crear un perfil a través del sitio web de ATLAS.  El sitio web de ATLAS son los encargados de enviar su paquete (pasaporte con su visa y paquete) al momento de que su visa este lista o de ser necesario que usted nos  envié documentos pendientes con (Carta 221G) a nuestras oficinas.  Los documentos serán enviados vía FLETES CHAVALE de manera gratuita. ( No hay que pagar) Seguir las instrucciones del adjunto y crear su perfil.  De tener alguna pregunta, duda o mayor asistencia de cómo crear su perfil, puede llamar al Centro de Llamadas (Call Center) 833-9393.  

Tambien tiene que entrar al siguiente enlace: http://ceac.state.gov, debe completar el formulario DS-160 Debe imprimir la confirmación, enviárnosla a esta dirección de correo electrónico junto con la confirmación del perfil, su pasaporte (hoja biográfica) y el pago de los $265.00 (El mismo lo debe realizar en el Banco General o Citibank – favor buscar el slip de pago en el sitio web).

Al recibir estos documentos nos permitirá poder programar su cita de entrevista y enviarle la orden medica. Esta cita está sujeta a disponibilidad.  

El día de su cita debe traer su pasaporte vigente junto con los siguientes documentos:

• (2) Fotografías tamaño pasaporte. Por favor sigue las especificaciones del adjunto.
  • Certificado de nacimiento en original con los timbres y sellos.
  • Prueba de ciudadania del Peticionario/a (Copia del pasaporte Americano y/o copia de su certificado de Nacimiento o Naturalizacion)
  • Certificado de soltería del aplicante.
  • Certificados de divorcio o de función en original de cualquier conyuge anterior tanto del peticionario como del aplicante.
  • Record Policivo de Panamá “para uso internacional” en original, el mismo se obtiene primero en la DIJ de ANCON,  para luego ser apostillado en el Ministerio de Relaciones Exteriores que se encuentra en el Dorado, arriba del Banco Nacional en Sun Tower Plaza.
  • Record Policivo de cualquier país (no incluir los Estados Unidos) en donde haya residido por 6 meses o más luego de sus 18 años con sus respectivos sellos y timbres. con sellos y timbres.
  • Pruebas de su relación, tales como fotografías, tarjetas, etc.
  • El peticionario  debe completar el formulario I-134 (Affidavit of Support) el cual se obtiene en el siguiente sitio de internet http://www.uscis.gov/i-134. Este formulario debe enviarlo junto con su IRS transcript del último año (2017) & W2 los cuales puede obtener en www.IRS.gov. Una vez completado puede enviarlo directamente a esta dirección.

Agradecemos confirme este correo electrónico.

Panama IV Visas

ENGLISH

Good Morning:

Attached please find the instructions and requirements to follow her fiance visa process.

The interview is priced at $ 265.00.

IMPORTANT:

You need to create a profile through the ATLAS website. ATLAS website are responsible for sending your package (passport and visa package) when your visa is ready or if necessary you send us outstanding documents (Letter 221G) to our offices. The documents will be sent via FREIGHT CHAVALE free. (There is no fee) Follow the instructions enclosed and create your profile. Have any questions, concerns or further assistance creating your profile, you can call the Call Center (Call Center) 833-9393.

You also have to enter the following link: http://ceac.state.gov , you must complete Form DS - 160. You must print the confirmation, send it to this email with confirmation profile, your passport (biographical sheet) and the payment of $ 265.00 (The same must be done by the General Bank or Citibank - please look for the slip payment on the website).

Upon receiving these documents will allow us to schedule your interview appointment and send the medical order. This appointment is subject to availability.  

The day of your appointment you must bring your passport along with the following documents:

• (2) passport photos. Please follow the specifications attached.
  • Original birth certificate with the stamps and seals.
  • Proof of citizenship Requester / a (copy of US passport and / or a copy of your birth certificate or naturalization)
  • Applicant Certificate of bachelorhood.
  • Divorce certificates original function or any former spouse both the petitioner and the applicant.
  • Police record of Panama "for international use" in original, it is first obtained in the DIJ of Ancon, and then be certified at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs located in El Dorado, above the Sun National Bank Tower Plaza.
  • Police record of any country (not including the United States) where resided for 6 months or more after his 18 years with their seals and stamps. with seals and stamps.
  • Evidence of their relationship, such as photos, cards, etc.
  • The petitioner must complete Form I-134 (Affidavit of Support) which is obtained at the following website http://www.uscis.gov/i-134 . This form must send it along with your IRS transcript of the last year (2017) & W2 which can be obtained at www.IRS.gov .Once completed can send it directly to this address.

First Met - 03/2004

129F Sent - 04/07/2018

POE - 02/11/2019

Biometrics - 04/22/2019

event.png

Timeline
On 1/14/2019 at 7:19 PM, SteVas said:

They also want you to email confirmation page for ds 160 and the ceac profile page for where to pick up the passport with visa. They made us scan the payment slips saying we had paid the 265. They wouldn’t accept just photos taken with my cell phone. They asked for all of that before they would schedule the appointment 

Timeline

Thank you for providing this. You're the best!

K-1 Timeline

Timeline

Feels like the closer we get to finishing this process, the slower time passes.

She's getting her certificado de solteria today then printing a few more pictures then I think were finally set.  How is everyone elses stuff coming along?

From looking at trends, looks like the embassy only replies to K1 emails on Wednesdays (anyone get some on other days?). The interviews seem to be on the last Wednesday of each month. 

First Met - 03/2004

129F Sent - 04/07/2018

POE - 02/11/2019

Biometrics - 04/22/2019

event.png

Timeline
6 hours ago, dwilder said:

Feels like the closer we get to finishing this process, the slower time passes.

She's getting her certificado de solteria today then printing a few more pictures then I think were finally set.  How is everyone elses stuff coming along?

From looking at trends, looks like the embassy only replies to K1 emails on Wednesdays (anyone get some on other days?). The interviews seem to be on the last Wednesday of each month. 

We received our case # on the 11th. Our case should go out tomorrow to the embassy. We have our DS-160 completed and will submit tomorrow once case goes "In Transit".

What other evidence is she submitting besides pictures? We're going to submit our text messages and pictures from my last two visits. I plan on going with her to the interview.

I agree on the interview timing. I based it off of yours and @Ninaav interview dates. Theirs was scheduled way after you, I believe early January and they still received the same date and time for their interview. So hopefully ours will be scheduled for February 27th.

K-1 Timeline

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.