291 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Panama
Timeline

Interview has been scheduled for February 27th. The medical is scheduled for the 28th and 1st. Since there is only one center during the medical now, it's hard to get scheduled before your interview. My fiancée told me they were going to schedule her on March 8th, but the lady was able to find one sooner. Hopefully, they'll allow the interview to be conducted on the 27th. I'm just wondering how long it takes for them to send over the results to the embassy once done.

K-1 Timeline

04-20-18: Mailed I-129F Petition to Dallas Lockbox

04-23-18: Received Date

04-26-18: Notice Date

04-27-18: NOA1

11-07-18: Received RFE notice via text

11-13-18: Received RFE Letter

11-29-18: Returned RFE Information to USCIS

12-03-18: USCIS Received RFE Information

12-14-18: NOA2

01-07-19: NVC Received Case

01-11-19: Received NVC Case #

01-22-19: Left NVC

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Panama
Timeline
On 1/31/2019 at 10:21 PM, dwilder said:

I'm here until the 11th, really really hoping the paperwork comes back before then. They said they send something to Washington and have to wait for it to come back and that is the longest wait part. 

Any news? We are still finishing up the medical 

Timeline
On 2/2/2019 at 10:46 AM, SteVas said:

Interview has been scheduled for February 27th. The medical is scheduled for the 28th and 1st. Since there is only one center during the medical now, it's hard to get scheduled before your interview. My fiancée told me they were going to schedule her on March 8th, but the lady was able to find one sooner. Hopefully, they'll allow the interview to be conducted on the 27th. I'm just wondering how long it takes for them to send over the results to the embassy once done.

I will let you know how long it takes finishing up medical today. 

Timeline
9 hours ago, Ninaav said:

I will let you know how long it takes finishing up medical today. 

Thanks!

Her medical was actually moved up a day. So now she has her 1st appointment on the 26th and her 2nd on the same day as the interview. Hopefully we can get in there early and then head over to the embassy for the interview at 1pm.

K-1 Timeline

Timeline
On ‎1‎/‎31‎/‎2019 at 9:21 PM, dwilder said:

I'm here until the 11th, really really hoping the paperwork comes back before then. They said they send something to Washington and have to wait for it to come back and that is the longest wait part. 

Hey @dwilder. How did the POE go? Which POE did you come in to?

K-1 Timeline

Timeline
On 2/11/2019 at 9:24 AM, Ninaav said:

Any news? We are still finishing up the medical 

@SteVas All set!!

We we’re definitely nervous about the paperwork/passport not coming back in time, embassy says it takes 5-10 business days.  She got the email from the courier service at 3:30am, Thursday morning.  We we’re heading to San Blas so got a bit nervous, luckily they are open until 6pm on Saturdays, so don’t worry if you can’t make it during the working week (https://www.chavale.com/oficinas/)

POE was very simple compared to what I was expecting.  We flew into Tampa.  I asked the one guard if we could go through the line together since she was coming in on the K1 visa, she pointed and we both went in the visitors line.   The first immigration office was very nice, we explained she was coming in on the k1, he did the usual by scanning her finger prints then they took her into the office.  He told me I could get the luggage and wait around the corner.  She waited in the office for awhile, the next officer came in, she handed him the paper work and he only asked her 3 questions.  He asked, “Do you speak English?, Do you understand English?, Is your fiancé here?” then he brought her out to me and explained that he will be admitting her for 90 days, she has to marry me in that time, etc, then said to collect out luggage and find him again (way more security than usual at Tampa Airport and luggage took way longer than normal to get through). 

After we got our luggage we went to him and he took us back in the immigration office / luggage inspection / xray area.  Didn’t take long, we basically just had to wait in line to xray all our luggage.  Then he gave us her passport, showed us the 90 day stamp, and gave us a printed copy of her I-94.

I asked him about applying for the social security card and her name change but he didn’t have any info on that.  He did tell me where the nearest immigration office is.

Edited by dwilder
Tag

First Met - 03/2004

129F Sent - 04/07/2018

POE - 02/11/2019

AOS, AP, EAD NOA1 - 04/05/2019

Biometrics - 04/22/2019

AOS Interview - 06/13/2019

event.png

Timeline
6 hours ago, dwilder said:

@SteVas All set!!

We we’re definitely nervous about the paperwork/passport not coming back in time, embassy says it takes 5-10 business days.  She got the email from the courier service at 3:30am, Thursday morning.  We we’re heading to San Blas so got a bit nervous, luckily they are open until 6pm on Saturdays, so don’t worry if you can’t make it during the working week (https://www.chavale.com/oficinas/)

POE was very simple compared to what I was expecting.  We flew into Tampa.  I asked the one guard if we could go through the line together since she was coming in on the K1 visa, she pointed and we both went in the visitors line.   The first immigration office was very nice, we explained she was coming in on the k1, he did the usual by scanning her finger prints then they took her into the office.  He told me I could get the luggage and wait around the corner.  She waited in the office for awhile, the next officer came in, she handed him the paper work and he only asked her 3 questions.  He asked, “Do you speak English?, Do you understand English?, Is your fiancé here?” then he brought her out to me and explained that he will be admitting her for 90 days, she has to marry me in that time, etc, then said to collect out luggage and find him again (way more security than usual at Tampa Airport and luggage took way longer than normal to get through). 

After we got our luggage we went to him and he took us back in the immigration office / luggage inspection / xray area.  Didn’t take long, we basically just had to wait in line to xray all our luggage.  Then he gave us her passport, showed us the 90 day stamp, and gave us a printed copy of her I-94.

I asked him about applying for the social security card and her name change but he didn’t have any info on that.  He did tell me where the nearest immigration office is.

Yayy welcome to the USA! 

Timeline
6 hours ago, dwilder said:

@SteVas All set!!

Very good news sir!!! Glad everything went smoothly for you. I'll be heading down there in a couple of weeks for the interview. Can't wait to get this part of it done.

K-1 Timeline

Timeline
On 1/30/2019 at 6:41 PM, Ninaav said:

@dwilder passed pending medical feb11 hope you got goof news also!

Any word on your Medical/final approval? Hope all is well!

First Met - 03/2004

129F Sent - 04/07/2018

POE - 02/11/2019

Biometrics - 04/22/2019

event.png

Timeline

Hello everyone, I am in panamá with k1 process. Your comments have been very helpful. I have a daughter 3 years old. She will go with me. Does She need a different doctor? I have my vaccines, but I do not have a médical record. Where can i get the vaccines again in Panama? Thanks 

Timeline
On 2/18/2019 at 11:41 AM, jeka1700 said:

Hello everyone, I am in panamá with k1 process. Your comments have been very helpful. I have a daughter 3 years old. She will go with me. Does She need a different doctor? I have my vaccines, but I do not have a médical record. Where can i get the vaccines again in Panama? Thanks 

@jeka1700 My fiance got a few vaccines at a free vaccine day at John's Hopkins

First Met - 03/2004

129F Sent - 04/07/2018

POE - 02/11/2019

Biometrics - 04/22/2019

event.png

Timeline
1 minute ago, dwilder said:

@ jeka1700  Mi prometido recibió algunas vacunas en un día de vacunación gratuito en John's Hopkins

Ok, thank you. I'll call them

Timeline

Hi @Ninaav,

Any update on your Visa? My fiancée 2nd medical appt is the same day as the interview. I wonder if it would be possible for her to take the medical paperwork with her and give to the consulate or do they require the hospital to send only.

K-1 Timeline

Timeline
9 hours ago, SteVas said:

Hi @Ninaav,

Any update on your Visa? My fiancée 2nd medical appt is the same day as the interview. I wonder if it would be possible for her to take the medical paperwork with her and give to the consulate or do they require the hospital to send only.

I believe hospital send only make sure she asks when they are sending it . It took them a week to send ours. Our status finally changed to nonimmigrant yesterday so should hear soon

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.