291 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Panama
Timeline

Figured this would be more helpful for all of us navigating the USCIS waters.  

Share your story and let us know how your immigration is progressing.  Any tips about interviews, medical, or documentation for the embassy would be super helpful for future filers.  For those further along, how has the transition to living in the U.S. been for you?  Also feel free to just come hang out and chat with fellow CR filers about anything that's on your mind. (copied this from the Costa Rica Thread - ty for the idea!)

If anyone has any tips on obtaining police records or lack there of I would very much appreciate it!

First Met - 03/2004

129F Sent - 04/07/2018

POE - 02/11/2019

AOS, AP, EAD NOA1 - 04/05/2019

Biometrics - 04/22/2019

AOS Interview - 06/13/2019

event.png

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Question on Tourist Visa Delivery Timeframe at Panama Consulate 

I have a question about the timeline after a US tourist visa has been
approved at the Panana Consulate. I read online that after the visa has been approved, it
will be issued and the passport will be sent to a designated location of
the applicant’s choice.

QuestionHow long is the timeframe between when the visa is approved at
the interview and when it arrives at the designated location ready for pick up? How many days?

I would love to know this information so I can determine how long the
applicant will be without their passport. Does anyone have intel on this?

Edited by Bloggr22

F2A (subject to per country limit) PD: July 15, 2009

Timeline

@Ninaav By chance know the process for obtaining the police records?

First Met - 03/2004

129F Sent - 04/07/2018

POE - 02/11/2019

Biometrics - 04/22/2019

event.png

Timeline

@azbob  Good luck on your upcoming interview!

Have any tips for us yet to get to where you're at?  

First Met - 03/2004

129F Sent - 04/07/2018

POE - 02/11/2019

Biometrics - 04/22/2019

event.png

Timeline

We just finished gathering everything and Karen will be receiving my I-134 packet tomorrow. Interview is next week on the 31st.

1. After receiving your NOA2, call the NVC and get your case number. It will start with PNM2018xxxxxx

2. The embassy in Panama is very responsive and will usually reply within 1 business day. They will send you an email like this with two attachments (Guide to register IV Applicants.PDF) & (Photo Requirements English-Spanish.DOC) I will attach them in another message :

Good afternoon: These are the instructions on how to proceed for a fiancée visa.

NOTE: You need to create a profile in ATLAS.  In this web page follow the instructions and pay the $265.00 interview fee and send the payment confirmation via email.  When the visa is ready, we will send it via Fletes Chavale and it is free of charge.  Please follow the instructions on the attachment. If you have any question, please contact the Call Center at 833-9393.

Also, go to this web site: http://ceac.state.gov and complete form DS-160.  Please print the confirmation page, scan it and send it via email (Panama-IV@state.gov) along with a copy of the passport

After we receive these documents mention above, we can program an interview date – Your interview date will be schedule upon availability.   

The day of the interview, you need to bring your unexpired passport along with following documents:  

• (2) pictures passport size 2x2
  • Birth certificate in original with all seals.
  • Singleness certificate in original with all seals.
  • Death or divorce certificate of any previous spouse from Petitioner or Beneficiary.

·         Proof of relationship (photos, cards, emails).

• Panama Police Record “para uso internacional” in original, this can be obtain in DIJ and after go to the Ministerio de Relaciones Exteriores in el Dorado (Sun Tower Plaza) to be apostille.
  • Police Record in original from any other country that you have live for more tan 6 months after your 18th birthday.
  • The Petitioner needs to send us form I-134 (Affidavit of Support www.uscis.gov/I-864), along with the 2016 taxes (Form 1040 and W-2s) and/or irs transcripts (www.irs.gov).         

Please confirm receipt of this message.

Panama IV Visas

3. I'm not sure if you can do these steps prior to receiving the above email but I don't see the harm in trying. When you do receive it remember to reply back to confirm that you got it.

Create your ATLAS IV profile using the instructions in the attached (Guide to register IV Applicants.PDF)

https://cgifederal.secure.force.com/SiteRegister?country=Panama&language=en_US

4. Fill out the electronic DS-160 at http://ceac.state.gov (You need your NVC Case number) and print every single confirmation page to PDF and Paper. You will need to email the PDF's to Panama-IV@state.gov  along with a payment receipt in step 5 and bring the prints to your interview. 

5. Pay the $265 K1 fee at your local Banco General. Download the deposit form from: http://www.ustraveldocs.com/pa/pa-niv-paymentinfo.asp#cash We used this form: http://www.ustraveldocs.com/pa/PanamaDepositSlip2bg.html?fee=62&quantity=1 Bring it to Banco General along with $265 and they will stamp it. Take a picture and send it to Panama-IV@state.gov along with the DS-160 confirmation page (the one with the bar codes)

6. Wait for the embassy to reply with your long awaited Interview Date and instructions for making a medical appointment. Reply back to confirm that you received it.

7. When you receive these, Make the medical appointment ASAP as there is only one doctor in the city that does these and ours was just one week prior to the interview date. Plan on spending the night in the city for the medical exam if you do not live there as it is separated in two parts. The first day examinations done by a nurse to bring your vaccinations up to date. Bear in mind that some of these vaccines have to be administered two weeks apart so start now with your local heath center to get caught up (Karen needed TDAP, Varicela, Influenza, and MMR) if you have these already bring your vaccination record so you don't need unnecessary vaccinations. They will also take an XRAY, blood and urine sample. They will give you an appointment for the Doctor to go over the results the next day.

8. Get your birth certificate, singleness certificate from your local Tribunal Electoral. The embassy said we only need the simple birth certificate, but we opted for the authenticated one just in case. These take about 8 days. 

9. Request your international police record from your local DIJ office, be sure you ask for the one for international use document. This document will be sent to DIJ in Ancon Panama City in about 3 days. Call ahead to find out if it is ready. Go to the DIJ in Panama City and pick it up. While in the city get it apostilled at the Ministerio de Relaciones Exteriores in el Dorado (Sun Tower Plaza). This is a multistep process, paying fees in one location, fill paperwork in another.  They will give you instructions. Karen's took 3 hours all in all. Other say it can be longer. I had her stay the night just to be safe and not have to rush.

10. Your US fiancé needs to send you the I-134 with IRS 1040, W2's for proof of income, the other copy of the I-129F packet, the I-797 NOA1 and NOA2 letters, proof of ongoing relationship (we sent screenshots of WhatsApp call logs and some of our conversations, hotel receipts, boarding passes, photos together) very similar to what you sent with the 129F just more recent.. Along with another letter promising to marry you in 90 days after your arrival to the US. Both of you should sign one of these just like in the I-129F. There are examples on this site. Just make sure the verbiage is correct for the proper fiancé(e). The Panama embassy did not ask for these specifically but we are bringing them just in case. And for the love of all that is holy send a special card with this package to make your Panamanian fiancée happy (or you will lose you head) :)

We found a good deal on Priceline for the Best Western Panama Zen hotel. It is only $2 taxi fare from the medical office. The hotel was about $65 per night and probably the most comfortable with friendly staff in the area that are willing to hang on to your bags outside of check-in and checkout times. They have a decent breakfast for $10 or sometimes it's included with Priceline, sometimes not. There is an amazing restaurant called Suvlas just down the road too, amazing greek gyros.  

EDIT: Don't forget to get the passport photos!

EDIT2: Links for the attached documents: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ikjv0qw12conk8a/AAAiIZSTSsCB8ZsTqB6xdTzca?dl=0

Edited by azbob
Add a step

Timeline
15 minutes ago, azbob said:

We just finished gathering everything and Karen will be receiving my I-134 packet tomorrow. Interview is next week on the 31st.

1. After receiving your NOA2, call the NVC and get your case number. It will start with PNM2018xxxxxx

2. The embassy in Panama is very responsive and will usually reply within 1 business day. They will send you an email like this with two attachments (Guide to register IV Applicants.PDF) & (Photo Requirements English-Spanish.DOC) I will attach them in another message :

Good afternoon: These are the instructions on how to proceed for a fiancée visa.

NOTE: You need to create a profile in ATLAS.  In this web page follow the instructions and pay the $265.00 interview fee and send the payment confirmation via email.  When the visa is ready, we will send it via Fletes Chavale and it is free of charge.  Please follow the instructions on the attachment. If you have any question, please contact the Call Center at 833-9393.

Also, go to this web site: http://ceac.state.gov and complete form DS-160.  Please print the confirmation page, scan it and send it via email (Panama-IV@state.gov) along with a copy of the passport

After we receive these documents mention above, we can program an interview date – Your interview date will be schedule upon availability.   

The day of the interview, you need to bring your unexpired passport along with following documents:  

• (2) pictures passport size 2x2
  • Birth certificate in original with all seals.
  • Singleness certificate in original with all seals.
  • Death or divorce certificate of any previous spouse from Petitioner or Beneficiary.

·         Proof of relationship (photos, cards, emails).

• Panama Police Record “para uso internacional” in original, this can be obtain in DIJ and after go to the Ministerio de Relaciones Exteriores in el Dorado (Sun Tower Plaza) to be apostille.
  • Police Record in original from any other country that you have live for more tan 6 months after your 18th birthday.
  • The Petitioner needs to send us form I-134 (Affidavit of Support www.uscis.gov/I-864), along with the 2016 taxes (Form 1040 and W-2s) and/or irs transcripts (www.irs.gov).         

Please confirm receipt of this message.

Panama IV Visas

3. I'm not sure if you can do these steps prior to receiving the above email but I don't see the harm in trying. When you do receive it remember to reply back to confirm that you got it.

Create your ATLAS IV profile using the instructions in the attached (Guide to register IV Applicants.PDF)

https://cgifederal.secure.force.com/SiteRegister?country=Panama&language=en_US

4. Fill out the electronic DS-160 at http://ceac.state.gov (You need your NVC Case number) and print every single confirmation page to PDF and Paper. You will need to email the PDF's to Panama-IV@state.gov  along with a payment receipt in step 5 and bring the prints to your interview. 

5. Pay the $265 K1 fee at your local Banco General. Download the deposit form from: http://www.ustraveldocs.com/pa/pa-niv-paymentinfo.asp#cash We used this form: http://www.ustraveldocs.com/pa/PanamaDepositSlip2bg.html?fee=62&quantity=1 Bring it to Banco General along with $265 and they will stamp it. Take a picture and send it to Panama-IV@state.gov along with the DS-160 confirmation page (the one with the bar codes)

6. Wait for the embassy to reply with your long awaited Interview Date and instructions for making a medical appointment. Reply back to confirm that you received it.

7. When you receive these, Make the medical appointment ASAP as there is only one doctor in the city that does these and ours was just one week prior to the interview date. Plan on spending the night in the city for the medical exam if you do not live there as it is separated in two parts. The first day examinations done by a nurse to bring your vaccinations up to date. Bear in mind that some of these vaccines have to be administered two weeks apart so start now with your local heath center to get caught up (Karen needed TDAP, Varicela, Influenza, and MMR) if you have these already bring your vaccination record so you don't need unnecessary vaccinations. They will also take an XRAY, blood and urine sample. They will give you an appointment for the Doctor to go over the results the next day.

8. Get your birth certificate, singleness certificate from your local Tribunal Electoral. The embassy said we only need the simple birth certificate, but we opted for the authenticated one just in case. These take about 8 days. 

9. Request your international police record from your local DIJ office, be sure you ask for the one for international use document. This document will be sent to DIJ in Ancon Panama City in about 3 days. Call ahead to find out if it is ready. Go to the DIJ in Panama City and pick it up. While in the city get it apostilled at the Ministerio de Relaciones Exteriores in el Dorado (Sun Tower Plaza). This is a multistep process, paying fees in one location, fill paperwork in another.  They will give you instructions. Karen's took 3 hours all in all. Other say it can be longer. I had her stay the night just to be safe and not have to rush.

10. Your US fiancé needs to send you the I-134 with IRS 1040, W2's for proof of income, the other copy of the I-129F packet, the I-797 NOA1 and NOA2 letters, proof of ongoing relationship (we sent screenshots of WhatsApp call logs and some of our conversations, hotel receipts, boarding passes, photos together) very similar to what you sent with the 129F just more recent.. Along with another letter promising to marry you in 90 days after your arrival to the US. Both of you should sign one of these just like in the I-129F. There are examples on this site. Just make sure the verbiage is correct for the proper fiancé(e). The Panama embassy did not ask for these specifically but we are bringing them just in case. And for the love of all that is holy send a special card with this package to make your Panamanian fiancée happy (or you will lose you head) :)

We found a good deal on Priceline for the Best Western Panama Zen hotel. It is only $2 taxi fare from the medical office. The hotel was about $65 per night and probably the most comfortable with friendly staff in the area that are willing to hang on to your bags outside of check-in and checkout times. They have a decent breakfast for $10 or sometimes it's included with Priceline, sometimes not. There is an amazing restaurant called Suvlas just down the road too, amazing greek gyros.  

EDIT: Don't forget to get the passport photos!

EDIT2: Links for the attached documents: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ikjv0qw12conk8a/AAAiIZSTSsCB8ZsTqB6xdTzca?dl=0

Thank you so hopeful good luck at the interview 😀👏

Timeline

Interview was approved! They said the Visa will be ready to pick up in 1 week.

We noticed a few days ago that the instructions said that the US petitioner send the I-134 and IRS 1040 to the embassy so I sent PDFs to Panama-IV@state.gov on Sunday. When Karen arrived at the embassy they already had them printed out and didn't need the copies that I mailed.  I suggest doing both just in case. They really were thorough going through the evidence of continuing relationship. So don't skimp on this too much. 

Interview was about 10-15 min. 

Edited by azbob

Timeline

@azbob Congratulations!!!! And thank you for the tips!

First Met - 03/2004

129F Sent - 04/07/2018

POE - 02/11/2019

Biometrics - 04/22/2019

event.png

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

First Met - 03/2004

129F Sent - 04/07/2018

POE - 02/11/2019

Biometrics - 04/22/2019

event.png

Timeline
On 10/31/2018 at 4:54 PM, azbob said:

Interview was approved! They said the Visa will be ready to pick up in 1 week.

We noticed a few days ago that the instructions said that the US petitioner send the I-134 and IRS 1040 to the embassy so I sent PDFs to Panama-IV@state.gov on Sunday. When Karen arrived at the embassy they already had them printed out and didn't need the copies that I mailed.  I suggest doing both just in case. They really were thorough going through the evidence of continuing relationship. So don't skimp on this too much. 

Interview was about 10-15 min. 

Thanks how did you get these docs PDFs? 

Timeline
On 11/17/2018 at 1:47 PM, Ninaav said:

Hi everyone we just got aour case number. We will try to figure out police clearance next week! Nina

Thought I would circle back to this thread.  We haven't gone to the DIJ yet, but that looks to be the first step for the Police Clearance.

First Met - 03/2004

129F Sent - 04/07/2018

POE - 02/11/2019

Biometrics - 04/22/2019

event.png

Timeline

@Ari Cal  Thought you might want to be looped in here! If you haven't spotted it yet.

First Met - 03/2004

129F Sent - 04/07/2018

POE - 02/11/2019

Biometrics - 04/22/2019

event.png

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

@Ninaav @Ari Cal either of you make it in to this shipment to the embassy?

First Met - 03/2004

129F Sent - 04/07/2018

POE - 02/11/2019

Biometrics - 04/22/2019

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.