Jump to content
Bestie

Almost my interview but there’s a guy filed a case on me

16 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hi, I just wanna ask. There’s this person I knew for 2 years but we never see each other in person. My parents disapproved of him because he never come here and visit to prove that he’s true. And I NEVER ever ask money from him. Now, that I have a fiancé, he came here and always visited my family. My family approved of him and we’re filing a US visa. And right now, I’m done with my medical exam and my interview is on October 11, 2018. My fiancé and I were planning to get married on December but this guy that I known for 2 years filing a case on me that I am a fraud. Is there a possibility that my visa application be denied? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your post doesnt really make much sense. But if you are worried that some guy you know (not your fiance) is going to tell USCIS the engagement/marriage is a fraud ... well, he can say anything he wants. But he also has to PROVE it. Just as you have to PROVE your relationship is bonafide. That is done through the petition and interview at the consulate, and again later when you file for AOS.


5/7/2018 K1       Application mailed

5/9/2018             Application rec'd and signed for (sent via fedex)

5/14/2018          NOA1 Email notification

5/18/2018          NOA1 Paper copy rec'd (i797C)

11/5/2018          NOA2 ❤️ no RFE's

11/19/2018        NVC Received file

12/13/2018        Consulate received/ ready to schedule interview

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, debbiedoo said:

Your post doesnt really make much sense. But if you are worried that some guy you know (not your fiance) is going to tell USCIS the engagement/marriage is a fraud ... well, he can say anything he wants. But he also has to PROVE it. Just as you have to PROVE your relationship is bonafide. That is done through the petition and interview at the consulate, and again later when you file for AOS.

Thank you for telling me. I got so scared. This guy (not my fiancé)threatened my life and my family about what he said. He even told his lawyer about me and file a case. We never meet in person, I never ask money or ask his account. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Bestie said:

Hi, I just wanna ask. There’s this person I knew for 2 years but we never see each other in person. My parents disapproved of him because he never come here and visit to prove that he’s true. And I NEVER ever ask money from him. Now, that I have a fiancé, he came here and always visited my family. My family approved of him and we’re filing a US visa. And right now, I’m done with my medical exam and my interview is on October 11, 2018. My fiancé and I were planning to get married on December but this guy that I known for 2 years filing a case on me that I am a fraud. Is there a possibility that my visa application be denied? 

If he does not file a case with the US Government or the US Embassy then this accusation is BS and won't amount to anything. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

If he does not file a case with the US Government or the US Embassy then this accusation is BS and won't amount to anything. 

Ohh, but he told me that he’s going to file a case with the US embassy and put my name to shame. Though I never ask anything from him. He even accused my family and threatened us. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Bestie said:

Ohh, but he told me that he’s going to file a case with the US embassy and put my name to shame. Though I never ask anything from him. He even accused my family and threatened us. 

 

Ok. Well then don't worry about him at all. Just concentrate on your relationship and you will be fine. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

Ok. Well then don't worry about him at all. Just concentrate on your relationship and you will be fine. 

Thank you so much. This really help me a lot. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am sure the embassy hears things like this every day but unless he submitted proof to back up his claim,  they have no reason to listen to him

and when someone says i told my lawyer/  wonder why he had a lawyer when he never met u/  i would say that is a bogus claim and not true at all/ no reason to tell a lawyer about u

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, Bestie said:

Hi, I just wanna ask. There’s this person I knew for 2 years but we never see each other in person. My parents disapproved of him because he never come here and visit to prove that he’s true. And I NEVER ever ask money from him. Now, that I have a fiancé, he came here and always visited my family. My family approved of him and we’re filing a US visa. And right now, I’m done with my medical exam and my interview is on October 11, 2018. My fiancé and I were planning to get married on December but this guy that I known for 2 years filing a case on me that I am a fraud. Is there a possibility that my visa application be denied? 

How do you know he ACTUALLY filed against you...did you get paper notice from government delivered to your home? How is he contacting you: phone/mail/email? How does he know you're in process of Visa process?

 

In my opinion, what he's doing is harassment and intimidation. If as you said he's also threatened you and your family [you didn't mention specifics of threats], you can file police report against him with the form of communication he's using.

 

You dont have to give him a heads up of your plans nor respond to his provocations...just my opinion. 

 

There's also something called a block button...but dont delete anything. 

Edited by Catherine6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, adil-rafa said:

I am sure the embassy hears things like this every day but unless he submitted proof to back up his claim,  they have no reason to listen to him

and when someone says i told my lawyer/  wonder why he had a lawyer when he never met u/  i would say that is a bogus claim and not true at all/ no reason to tell a lawyer about u

Thank you so much. 2 years ago, he told me to call his lawyer that he’s serious about me but he never gave me the number. His lawyer didn’t call me either. This guy called me the other day and telling me that he went to his lawyer filing a case of fraud. He told me that he’s getting rich and will do everything to let me down. He even told me that I might receive an email this week that my interview will be postpone. I was so terrified. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Catherine6 said:

How do you know he ACTUALLY filed against you...did you get paper notice from government delivered to your home? How is he contacting you: phone/mail/email? How does he know you're in process of Visa process?

 

In my opinion, what he's doing is harassment and intimidation. If as you said he's also threatened you and your family [you didn't mention specifics of threats], you can file police report against him with the form of communication he's using.

 

You dont have to give him a heads up of your plans nor respond to his provocations...just my opinion. 

 

There's also something called a block button...but dont delete anything. 

Thank you so much for responding. I haven’t receive the paper yet. He went to his lawyer’s office and told me that his lawyer already sent an email last friday to the embassy putting my complete name and picture on it. We contacted through social apps, like hangouts and messenger. He knows my visa process through my Facebook page.

My sister said that I have to stop responding his messages. So I stopped but cried thinking about it. I was intimidated. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bestie said:

Thank you so much. 2 years ago, he told me to call his lawyer that he’s serious about me but he never gave me the number. His lawyer didn’t call me either. This guy called me the other day and telling me that he went to his lawyer filing a case of fraud. He told me that he’s getting rich and will do everything to let me down. He even told me that I might receive an email this week that my interview will be postpone. I was so terrified. 

hes all talk. no need to worry. as I and others have said, unless he has PROOF of some kind of fraud, its all talk and USCIS wont pay it any mind.


5/7/2018 K1       Application mailed

5/9/2018             Application rec'd and signed for (sent via fedex)

5/14/2018          NOA1 Email notification

5/18/2018          NOA1 Paper copy rec'd (i797C)

11/5/2018          NOA2 ❤️ no RFE's

11/19/2018        NVC Received file

12/13/2018        Consulate received/ ready to schedule interview

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bestie said:

Thank you so much for responding. I haven’t receive the paper yet. He went to his lawyer’s office and told me that his lawyer already sent an email last friday to the embassy putting my complete name and picture on it. We contacted through social apps, like hangouts and messenger. He knows my visa process through my Facebook page.

My sister said that I have to stop responding his messages. So I stopped but cried thinking about it. I was intimidated. 

first of all block him on your facebook and put the settings to private

do the same by blocking him in any other social media place he knows about 

your sister is right

you have an internet stalker/  a stalker is someone who thinks they have a relationship and can not give it up

a US lawyer is not going to worry much about taking on a case like this / there would be no big money involved for a lawyer 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you so much everyone for the info, encouragement and support. It really helps me a lot. Now I feel relieved. I will blocked him and put the settings into private. I pray to God that my interview will be a successful! Wish me luck!😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/8/2018 at 7:46 PM, Bestie said:

Thank you so much everyone for the info, encouragement and support. It really helps me a lot. Now I feel relieved. I will blocked him and put the settings into private. I pray to God that my interview will be a successful! Wish me luck!😊

Did he comment on your fb posts? If so,you need to screenshot all his comments then delete them or the USCIS and the USA consulate will have those messages. It's not good for you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×