nompish

N-400 October 2018 Filers

1,465 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

My interview was on May 20th and I'm still waiting for an oath date. I did get the interview approval notice the same day but there hasn't been an update since, I'm not even getting the "no updates on your case" generic emails anymore. I know there was a flurry of ceremonies at the end of June in the city where mine will be held, one was even with someone who interviewed 4 days before I did, but now it's crickets.  sigh. 

Sept 10 I-129F sent to TSC

Interview - February 13th APPROVED! day 152

April 6 - wedding date day 204

Aug 22 - AOS interview date day 101-total days 342

Sept 29 - green card arrives, done until June 2008 day 140-total days 381

June 30 - I-751 mailed total days 1025

March 9 - Removal of Conditions approved! total days 1277

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Guyana
Timeline
15 minutes ago, Canuck Carrie said:

My interview was on May 20th and I'm still waiting for an oath date. I did get the interview approval notice the same day but there hasn't been an update since, I'm not even getting the "no updates on your case" generic emails anymore. I know there was a flurry of ceremonies at the end of June in the city where mine will be held, one was even with someone who interviewed 4 days before I did, but now it's crickets.  sigh. 

My profile still says we scheduled your interview. It hasn't changed to you have attended your interview or anything else. It has the same message since June 24th. 

On 8/5/2019 at 5:50 AM, NewYorker14 said:

How long did you guys have to wait for your oath letter? Passport? I wanna apply for my fiance after this. 

How long does it take to get your passport in the mail when you fill out the passport application at the oath ceremony?

Do you need to bring passport photos with you to the oath ceremony?

Is it a third party that does the passport applications or does USCIS do them?

September 25th: I-130 Emergency petition filed at US Embassy in Lima.

October 3rd: I-130 Petition Approved.

October 10th: Consular Section sent checklist and notification scheduling my spouse's visa interview for November 13th.

Timeline
On 5/16/2019 at 1:09 PM, jefferyd said:

I dropped it off at 8 am and they said it would be ready at 3.  I don't know if they can turn them faster if needed.

How much was the fees? Where did you fill out the passport application?

2 hours ago, NewYorker14 said:

What is this in response to?

can you link to the context please?

September 25th: I-130 Emergency petition filed at US Embassy in Lima.

October 3rd: I-130 Petition Approved.

October 10th: Consular Section sent checklist and notification scheduling my spouse's visa interview for November 13th.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
9 hours ago, NewYorker14 said:

I don't recall exactly.  I think it was the standard filing fee plus a $60 rush service fee but don't quote me on that.  I filled out the application form on the website and printed it out completed and brought that with me.  I think I signed it in front of them.  The application itself was filed in Buffalo.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

Interview accepted.. finally.. had my interview last month.. they didn’t make a decision.. asked for a bunch of evidences for my ROC case.. took two weeks to gather all these documents (500 pages of five years bank statements ) took them a five days to make a decision.. and they accepted my n400 case.. now waiting for the oath ceremony.. but my estimated waiting time went up one month to November.. thanks guys for your advices for all this long boring journey.. hope the ones who are still waiting for the interview will be gone as soon as possible 

Timeline
On 8/6/2019 at 8:23 AM, Canuck Carrie said:

I was wondering what would happen today as my countdown timer was going to hit 0 days. There is now this

Untitled.png

On 8/6/2019 at 9:23 AM, Canuck Carrie said:

I had my interview in April and I'm having my Oath Ceremony in a couple of weeks, four months later! 

CR1 VISA

Jul 23 2010 - MARRIED

Aug 26 2010 - I-130 received by USCIS

Jan 21 2011 - Approved by USCIS

Mar 04 2011 - NVC received

Mar 15 2011 - Medical

Mar 30 2011 - NVC COMPLETED

Apr 14 2011 - Packet 4 received

May 12 2011 - EMBASSY INTERVIEW

May 23 2011 - VISA received

May 26 2011 - Dulles POE

Jun 20 2011 - GREENCARD arrives

Timeline
12 hours ago, Geordie said:

I had my interview in April and I'm having my Oath Ceremony in a couple of weeks, four months later! 

I remember reading about your scheduling, descheduling and rescheduling, I'm glad it all got sorted. 

I've always been annoyed, and partly mystified, that geography plays such a big part on how fast each step takes. 

Timeline

My case says "we have scheduled your interview" since June 24th. I have attended my interview on August 01st 2019 and passed yet no change. There hasn't been any change to my case since 52 days. I am getting anxious and impatient. What should I do? Does anyone know the number I can call for more information? I am waiting to receive the oath letter. 

2 hours ago, NewYorker14 said:

My case says "we have scheduled your interview" since June 24th. I have attended my interview on August 01st 2019 and passed yet no change. There hasn't been any change to my case since 52 days. I am getting anxious and impatient. What should I do? Does anyone know the number I can call for more information? I am waiting to receive the oath letter. 

This is very strange! You should call and request to speak with a L2 officer to take a look for you. I live in Queens and had my interview on Aug 14 at Queens field office. Passed and got my oath letter the same day

Timeline
22 minutes ago, colette392 said:

This is very strange! You should call and request to speak with a L2 officer to take a look for you. I live in Queens and had my interview on Aug 14 at Queens field office. Passed and got my oath letter the same day

I am from QNS too. My mom had her interview the same day as me and got her oath letter the same day. I did a name change so I am not sure if that is the reason. I would understand if the name change delays the scheduling of the oath but I mean they would have changed my status to "attended interview" by now so I don't think the name change would affect the status being changed online. . 

Do you know the number I would have to call? 

8 minutes ago, NewYorker14 said:

I am from QNS too. My mom had her interview the same day as me and got her oath letter the same day. I did a name change so I am not sure if that is the reason. I would understand if the name change delays the scheduling of the oath but I mean they would have changed my status to "attended interview" by now so I don't think the name change would affect the status being changed online. . 

Do you know the number I would have to call? 

Number to call 1-800-375-5283.
Go through couple of options before you get to the L1 officer. L1 officer has no information other than what is on the USCIS website status. So mention
something about your case that L1 officer has no idea about. They may ask you to open a service request. Do so then hang up. Call back in 30 mins, you will likely speak to a different L1 officer. Ask about your service request; since they do not have access to service request, ask to be transferred to L2 officer. 

Your chances of getting L2 agent right away is next to zero, so you get the option of receiving a call back. Also keep calling again if they say no to transferring you to L2 officer; hopefully you will get a better officer next time you call.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.