MLR14

Application for AOS. Evidence of bona fide marriage?

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I am currently finalizing my AOS packet. I have been get mixed messages about whether or not additional evidence is required at this stage of a bona fide marriage (credit card statements, rental agreements, etc,), or is this just taken to the interview? Obviously we will be submitting the marriage certificate, but is anything else required at this stage?

3 minutes ago, MLR14 said:

I am currently finalizing my AOS packet. I have been get mixed messages about whether or not additional evidence is required at this stage of a bona fide marriage (credit card statements, rental agreements, etc,), or is this just taken to the interview? Obviously we will be submitting the marriage certificate, but is anything else required at this stage?

Other than the original plus photocopies of your MC, no other relationship evidence is REQUIRED at this time. Save it for the AOS interview.

6 minutes ago, MLR14 said:

Make copies and send that in with the packet. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
11 minutes ago, MLR14 said:

Technically... no , nothing else is required..... for us we sent in just copy of our lease with both names on it for our apartment, and showing we had a joint savings account together (separate checking accounts).... we did not send any pictures, or anything else.

We would have supplied potentially other things like joint health insurance through my company, life insurance policies, joint car insurance policy, ect... but did not have the time to gather these before submitting.... but we had no issues, no interview... now though I do believe an interview is 'required' for AOS applicants and such, so technically you can choose to send in some basic evidence or hold it I suppose.

08/15/2014 : Met Online

06/30/2016 : I-129F Packet Sent

11/08/2016 : Interview - APPROVED!

11/23/2016 : POE - Dallas, Texas

From sending of I-129F petiton to POE - 146 days.

02/03/2017 - Married 

02/24/2017 - AOS packet sent

06/01/2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received in mail

12/06/2017 - I-485 Approved

12/14/2017 - Green Card Received in mail - No Interview

brickleberry GIF they see me rolling college football GIF by ESPN  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

No relationship evidence is needed for the i-485. We sent nothing (apart from the marriage certificate of course), we did bring evidence to the interview but the IO refused to look at any of it. 

K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017

ROC: 04-22-2019 - 04-22-2020
Naturalization: 05-01-2020 - 03-16-2021

U.S. passport: 03-30-2021 - 05-08-2021

En livstid i krig. Göteborg killed it. Epic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBs3G1PvyfM&ab_channel=Sabaton

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
3 hours ago, Ben&Zian said:

Technically... no , nothing else is required..... for us we sent in just copy of our lease with both names on it for our apartment, and showing we had a joint savings account together (separate checking accounts).... we did not send any pictures, or anything else.

We would have supplied potentially other things like joint health insurance through my company, life insurance policies, joint car insurance policy, ect... but did not have the time to gather these before submitting.... but we had no issues, no interview... now though I do believe an interview is 'required' for AOS applicants and such, so technically you can choose to send in some basic evidence or hold it I suppose.

Thanks for the info! Do you know approximately how long after you apply will you be required to appear at the interview? I’m also in this process and would like to gather as much stuff as possible. 

Edited by AnaidAaron

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
11 hours ago, AnaidAaron said:

Thanks for the info! Do you know approximately how long after you apply will you be required to appear at the interview? I’m also in this process and would like to gather as much stuff as possible. 

The time to interview varies greatly between local offices. If you look at the "processing times" tab you can find your local office to get an estimate.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.