2,200 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline
31 minutes ago, essenjay said:

@lolita88 my husband (the GC holder) got an email from his work's HR about the upcoming GC expiration (later this week actually) and asking him to bring in more documents - he took in his unrestricted social security card and a printout from when we checked the status on the USCIS website using the receipt number texted to us, which says they're processing our case and we should receive the letter by Nov. 8 (or whatever the exact wording was). They were aware of the backup and said this was enough for now, just bring in the letter too once we receive it. Hope that's helpful! And hope we all receive our letters soon!

Thank you!! I just sent them the screenshot of the status and explained that we are all anxious to receive that letter and hopefully they will have a little bit of patience. It's a new job too, so it's a little bit of added stress.

3 minutes ago, lolita88 said:

Thank you!! I just sent them the screenshot of the status and explained that we are all anxious to receive that letter and hopefully they will have a little bit of patience. It's a new job too, so it's a little bit of added stress.

Ahh great, I hope that works! It sounds like we are in the same boat, we waited until a few weeks before the expiration to file because we were so busy moving - for his new job! - and also didn't want to use our old address since then we'd have to change it anyway. Our NOA date was like two weeks ago so hopefully we'll get the letter soon.... You too.... Good luck!!

Filed: Other Country: Nigeria
Timeline
24 minutes ago, MorganandMichael said:

Of course the application won’t be rejected. It’s unnecessary to print the photos on actual photo paper. I’ve never actually run into anyone who has until now. Bond paper in color with captions is fine. Many people even put multiple pictures on a single sheet. Photo paper will not help your case and “regular” paper will not hurt it. Photos aren’t really make or break evidence anyway.

I completely agree. The USCIS website says to specifically send copies only. In other words, don’t send photos because they won’t be returned. Color prints on paper are sufficient copies. Plus, it’s the whole package that is examined.

Timeline
1 hour ago, MorganandMichael said:

What sort of information do they ask for to get the case number? I’m guessing applicants name and A number for sure. Was there anything else?

When I called, I was asked for the “A” number, my name, the type of application sent, and if my husband (petitioner and GC holder) was available to give permission for them to speak with me. He was asked for his name, address, and birthdate. Then we were told they had 30 days to send the NOA1, and after that, if we hadn’t received it, to call back again. Maybe the USCIS representative we spoke with didn’t have the NOA1 date sent or receipt number available for us. I’m not sure how other posters got their specific information from USCIS about their paperwork, but that’s how our experience went.

Timeline
On 10/19/2018 at 8:04 PM, prok said:

Our package made to Dallas service center on Oct 16, till now, no text, no mail and no check cash, hope there won't be another rejection, let someone enlighten me...it takes how long from the date of delivered of the package to the date of cashing check? also when should I likely be expecting a text alert, I remembered registering eNotification. I will appreciate a candid advise..Thanks

Hello, I cannot speak to when you’ll receive your text message; however, our check was cashed one week after our package was confirmed delivered. Check the fantastic chart included in this thread to see other’s experiences and dates. 

16 minutes ago, sos & ogs said:

When I called, I was asked for the “A” number, my name, the type of application sent, and if my husband (petitioner and GC holder) was available to give permission for them to speak with me. He was asked for his name, address, and birthdate. Then we were told they had 30 days to send the NOA1, and after that, if we hadn’t received it, to call back again. Maybe the USCIS representative we spoke with didn’t have the NOA1 date sent or receipt number available for us. I’m not sure how other posters got their specific information from USCIS about their paperwork, but that’s how our experience went.

Oh hmmm. I was planning on calling at work on behalf of my husband but if they are going to need to talk to him, maybe that’s not such a good plan.

~*INTENT IS DETERMINED AT POE*~

Forever wishing for an eye-roll reaction.

K-1 Visa~
9/28/2015 - I-129f Packet Mailed to Texas Lockbox
10/1/2015 - NOA 1 Email - I-129f sent to California Service Center
10/8/2015 - NOA 1 Hard Copy
10/27/2015 - NOA 2
11/21/2015 - Packet 3 Received
1/08/2916 - Medical! Lots of jabs >.>
2/23/2016 - APPROVED!
6/20/2016 - POE
7/29/2016 - Married ❤️

~*Approval 146 Days from NOA1*~

AOS ~
9/9/2016 - AOS/AP/EAD packet mailed to Chicago Lockbox
9/11/2016 - Delivered to Chicago Lockbox
9/20/2016 - Received Text/Email NOA1
9/23/2016 - Hard Copy NOA1s
10/12/2016 - Biometrics Appointment
11/04/2016 - AP Status "Approved" EAD "Date of Birth Updated"
11/18/2016 - Received EAD/AP Combo Card!
12/23/2016 - Received Green Card

~*Green Card 95 Days from NOA1*~

ROC~

10/12/2018 - Mailed ROC Packet

11/8/2018 - NOA-1 

7/5/2019 - Biometrics

~*STILL WAITING 607+ Days since NOA*~

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

I have an update, guys! I got my NOA today in the mail. I am in Dallas, so I guess it was faster for me, but you all shall receive one soon. Goodluck!

Removal of Conditions I-751

Mailed: 10/01/18 at Dallas Service Center.

Received: 10/02/18 at Dallas Service Center

Checks Cashed: 10/09/18 at Dallas Service Center

NOA Received: 10/24/18 with SRC######.

15 minutes ago, simkeyur said:

I have an update, guys! I got my NOA today in the mail. I am in Dallas, so I guess it was faster for me, but you all shall receive one soon. Goodluck!

Woot woot! This is incredible news, congratulations! I was so sad when the mail carrier actually skipped my whole duplex today so I'm happy to hear someone got some good mail! (I also feel kind of glad I didn't file in September like I could have... It seems like maybe they got stuck in a little bit of limbo due to the transitions that seem to be going on at USCIS in terms of where things are getting processed?) Anyway congratulations!!

21 minutes ago, simkeyur said:

Congrats!

Just got my NOA1 with 18 months extension. No biometrics letter yet. They'll let me know if my wife needs biometrics or not. Now the real waiting game begins. 

Edit: I'm in Boston btw and my case was sent to Vermont even though I sent my documents to Dallas.

Edited by dhman06

Hi Everyone, 

I'm an October filer too.

Timeline:

10/12/2018: Package sent to Phoenix AZ via USPS.

10/15/2018: package received by USCIS and signed by an agent 

9 days today since our package was received, no update,  check not cashed yet, no e-notification,  no Notice received. 

It still  seems normal at this point. So hope that will help people in my case 😊😉

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline
12 hours ago, sos & ogs said:

Hello, I cannot speak to when you’ll receive your text message; however, our check was cashed one week after our package was confirmed delivered. Check the fantastic chart included in this thread to see other’s experiences and dates. 

Thanks, check cashed, text received with  receipt number

Timeline
3 hours ago, Malauriea said:

Hi Everyone, 

I'm an October filer too.

Timeline:

10/12/2018: Package sent to Phoenix AZ via USPS.

10/15/2018: package received by USCIS and signed by an agent 

9 days today since our package was received, no update,  check not cashed yet, no e-notification,  no Notice received. 

It still  seems normal at this point. So hope that will help people in my case 😊😉

I hope so, my was delivered, check cashed the 3rd day of it's arrival and exactly a week of delivery, I got a text with the receipt number. If u did not send the package in earlier of course the check will be cash, however if u send it earlier to your 90 days window, u should expect the entire package sent back to you. It happens to me, it too them 2 weeks to send my package back with a NOA of rejection for filing early. I hope yours is not in such instance. Good luck

Timeline
6 hours ago, dhman06 said:

Just got my NOA1 with 18 months extension. No biometrics letter yet. They'll let me know if my wife needs biometrics or not. Now the real waiting game begins. 

Edit: I'm in Boston btw and my case was sent to Vermont even though I sent my documents to Dallas.

Congrats

1 hour ago, prok said:

I hope so, my was delivered, check cashed the 3rd day of it's arrival and exactly a week of delivery, I got a text with the receipt number. If u did not send the package in earlier of course the check will be cash, however if u send it earlier to your 90 days window, u should expect the entire package sent back to you. It happens to me, it too them 2 weeks to send my package back with a NOA of rejection for filing early. I hope yours is not in such instance. Good luck

Thank you for your feedback. 

I guess I'm relying to some September filers, specially with California Center. Many of them received they notice 3 to 4 weeks later after sending their packages and their checks aren't still cleared til now. I'm from WA, so I guess I'm in the Western area and many fliers with California have experienced a terrible delay. I'll give it til next week and see if I need to call. 🤞🤞

What is your timeline and your Location (first three letters on your receipt)🙏🏽

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.