Kyle&Ana

OCTOBER 2018 I-129F FILERS

2,551 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
2 minutes ago, sdjk said:

Same. I did get through to a Tier 2 for another question I had, but Tier 2 was less friendly than Tier 1. ... Tier 1 said that if I see approvals from AFTER my NOA 1 date -- start calling. Even though she also said 5.5-7.5 months. I have seen some approvals after my NOA1 date though... (Oct 25). I'm going to just call every monday. And continue to try to be patient. 

@sdjk I think it was Tier 1 we spoke to, there have been a bunch approved after our NOA date, but I think we are going to wait until we see people with NOA 1 a month after us before we get more persistent. I wish you the best of luck.

Just now, mepck said:

My God! And it was with Tier2 officer too yea?! End of story🤐🤐🤐🤐🤐😕😕😕 Is it possible even if they not disclosed more info via phone but actually case has been approved and otw thru USPS, even case also not updated on their website? I am still hoping it works like that for our (your) case

@mepck I'm not sure, I think it was Tier 1 to be honest, so it would make sense they did not tell my partner anything. It is entirely possible that they just checked the website and our case has been approved and it's on the way but I am not sure.

9 minutes ago, mepck said:

Thanks I hope so. Well, that’s the one I worried about, been there, package was missplaced at Lockbox for 2 months for NOA1, definitely 190 days since we submitted I129F now, but nothing I can do, their system might only record based on NOA1 (sad sad)

Crossed my fingers hopefully they will work something on yours too! Btw, You were not able to ask more for the background check either at the time you called?

Can you please tell me how you found out your case was missplaced? Thank You

1 minute ago, brandonflude1 said:

@sdjk I think it was Tier 1 we spoke to, there have been a bunch approved after our NOA date, but I think we are going to wait until we see people with NOA 1 a month after us before we get more persistent. I wish you the best of luck.

@mepck I'm not sure, I think it was Tier 1 to be honest, so it would make sense they did not tell my partner anything. It is entirely possible that they just checked the website and our case has been approved and it's on the way but I am not sure.

If you want more info call and ask for Tier 2. Tier 1 see the same thing as we do. They have very limited access. The best time to call is early in the morning. If you call later in the day then you can wait for 90 minutes for them to call you back. Some of the officers can be very rude and if they see you are not even close to 7.5 mark they don't even bother. In that case try to call another day. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
1 minute ago, Victoria85 said:

If you want more info call and ask for Tier 2. Tier 1 see the same thing as we do. They have very limited access. The best time to call is early in the morning. If you call later in the day then you can wait for 90 minutes for them to call you back. Some of the officers can be very rude and if they see you are not even close to 7.5 mark they don't even bother. In that case try to call another day. 

We will for sure do this next time. I think my fiancée will call early next week :) Thank you

1 minute ago, brandonflude1 said:

I see, so need to make sure get thru Tier2 for further info ya.

2 minutes ago, Victoria85 said:

Can you please tell me how you found out your case was missplaced? Thank You

We submitted on 20th August. We didn’t receive any NOA1 after 30 days. Made several calls, they couldn’t find our case number, said to call again after 2 weeks. We called again, and finally they said received our package and sent hard copy and not to worry about delayed NOA1 as the date will be still August. But in the end when we received NOA1 date was October 18th.

Just now, Victoria85 said:

I am nervous myself but I wont call yet. I will just wait, maybe I will get a surprise. 

Hahahha not fair🤪🤪🤪🤪

1 minute ago, mepck said:

We submitted on 20th August. We didn’t receive any NOA1 after 30 days. Made several calls, they couldn’t find our case number, said to call again after 2 weeks. We called again, and finally they said received our package and sent hard copy and not to worry about delayed NOA1 as the date will be still August. But in the end when we received NOA1 date was October 18th.

That is such a terrible experience. I am sorry. USCIS only care when we do a mistakes but they do not recognize theirs. I was denied myself last time on k1 because I missed a check box on one of my papers. Even after I fixed it they still denied me and suggested to start all over again. So here I am again in the same place where I was last year. Still waiting patiently 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
6 minutes ago, mepck said:

Tier 2 was less helpful, and less kind when I called. I'm sure they aren't all that way. Just my experience. 

11 minutes ago, Victoria85 said:

That is such a terrible experience. I am sorry. USCIS only care when we do a mistakes but they do not recognize theirs. I was denied myself last time on k1 because I missed a check box on one of my papers. Even after I fixed it they still denied me and suggested to start all over again. So here I am again in the same place where I was last year. Still waiting patiently 

Thanks a lot and sorry for your previous K1 process too.

They sent you RFE and even after you fixed still got denied?! Gosh!! You really have a huge patient for all this process. I was actually not in planning to call them yet base on timeline in VJ should be mid March. But if I recalled back about my missing August submission yes it’s better to call just to make sure.

And yes, moral of the story: Logic doesn’t apply and others get luckier than us!

Edited by mepck

1 minute ago, mepck said:

Thanks a lot and sorry for your previous K1 process too.

They sent you RFE and even after you fixed still got denied?! Gosh!! You really have a huge patient for all this process. I was actually not in planning to call them yet base on timeline in VJ should be mid March. But if I recalled back about my missing August submission yes it’s better to call just to make sure.

They did and I also had a lawyer and that did not help me. My divorce certificate was missing a box check. I fixed it and after almost three months after I sent RFE response they denied me. The decision was made long before but they did not bother to send me the decision. Only after I involved the Congressman they sent me something. Yeah I had a terrible experience. They said they considered I was still married when I applied for k1. Of course it was a BS. Some of the people that works there are simple incompetent. I talked to a different lawyer and he simply suggest me to reapply because he said it did not make sense to fight them. It is a little bit of abuse of power at USCIS.

3 minutes ago, Dpierre said:

I spoke to a tier 1, i called as soon they were open. I started off by stopping her in the middle of her usual questions to ask how was her day going then i proceeded to check if they had to correct adress since i just changed it, after she confirm it i then explained that i knew my case is still in normal processing time but i just wanted an update to see if anyone has even started reviewing it, she put me on hold and then congratulate me on the approval. I know the wait is hard but Good luck to you all.

That was very smart of you. I should probably call as well sometimes next week. By the way congrats. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.