dwheels76

Case Complete to Interview November 2018

1,625 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
10 minutes ago, Soubz said:

Had my interview in Montreal this morning and was approved! 

We got there at about 7:30 for an 8:00 interview and the line was already quite long. Once inside, we got a number and sheet showing the order the documents should be placed in. We then went through security and gave them our cell phones. We went through downstairs and straight up the elevator. Once we got to the 19th floor, we waited for quite a while before we were called to submit all the documents. My husband was with me and was asked to go back and sit in the waiting room. We then waited again for over an hour when we were called for the interview. I was asked how we met, why we decided to move to the US not stay in Canada, previous marriages or kids for either of us, whether I’ve had any issues at the border, etc. The interview itself took less that 5 minutes and we left at about 10:45. 

Now on to waiting for the passport!

Congratulations 

7 hours ago, Kiwigirl19 said:

Yes, it really has been long and tiring. How was your experience with this whole visa journey? 

Our first file date was Feb 2017 for this visa. I told them I plan on traveling around beginning of december (because my annual contract with work ends mid Nov). I know my visa is approved, atleast Ive been verbally told that it is twice, but the longer it takes to get to me the more of a time crunch I have for finances getting tighter, and organising everything else. 

Just wondering, did you ship any of your belongings to the states? If so which company did you use? I dont have much, atleast no furniture or big things.

Its nice to make a connection with a kiwi on here, as there dont seen to be very many (if any) that are active. 

My experience was overall good, one hiccup with NVC put us back a couple of weeks, we filed in September '17. The hardest part is waiting and being separated from family. 

They would've made a note of when you plan to move, honestly I wouldn't worry about it too much! 

I am shipping a box of fragile or keepsake items with NZ post, other than that just two suitcases! It's so much cheaper to re-buy anything I need over there than bother shipping it. 

It's good to see a fellow kiwi here, I'm sure your visa will come through soon 🙏

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
8 hours ago, Oritneye said:

I was told by the nvc that I and my son's interview was gonna be scheduled same day since it's a joint case( having same petitioner). We made sure to confirm this with them severally.

Called on Monday and was told my interview is nov 29th at Lagos embassy. I asked if it's same date with my son, the Rep said it certainly would be same date but he didn't check.i really wanted to be certain we have same date so I called today to check my son's case and turns out his interview is nov 1st.

the nvc Rep said we should contact the embassy so one person's date can be moved to the other. 

Ive heard stories of the embassy not responding to calls and email so I'm just confused here. Really would love both our dates to be nov 1st instead of the 29th. 

@Abies and anyone who can be of help, please wat can we do?.. 

If NVC still has your cases,call them asap to reschedule your son for same date with you which is Nov 29th but if they have already sent out your cases to Lagos,there's nothing NVC can do about it than to reschedule it with the embassy and from the look of things,it won't be ideal to have your son's interview rescheduled because the Lagos Consulate seems backlogged.

Where you missed it was were you sent the requested documents to the NVC seperately.

My candid advise will be,take your son to any of testing centers for his medical examination asap because Nov 1st is very close. 

FYI: It takes 4days to complete medical examination for kids and it's exactly 2weeks from today so act really fast.

Congratulations in advance to you and your son.

Edited by Abies

Timeline
3 hours ago, Soubz said:

We got there at about 7:30 for an 8:00 interview and the line was already quite long. Once inside, we got a number and sheet showing the order the documents should be placed in. We then went through security and gave them our cell phones. We went through downstairs and straight up the elevator. Once we got to the 19th floor, we waited for quite a while before we were called to submit all the documents. My husband was with me and was asked to go back and sit in the waiting room. We then waited again for over an hour when we were called for the interview. I was asked how we met, why we decided to move to the US not stay in Canada, previous marriages or kids for either of us, whether I’ve had any issues at the border, etc. The interview itself took less that 5 minutes and we left at about 10:45. 

Congratulations and a blissful beautiful beginning to you both.

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Abies said:

If NVC still has your cases,call them asap to reschedule your son for same date with you which is Nov 29th but of they have already sent out your cases to Lagos,there's nothing NVC can do about it than to reschedule and from the look of things,it won't be ideal to have your son's interview rescheduled because the Lagos Consulate seems backlogged.

Where you missed it was were you sent the requested documents to the NVC seperately.

My candid advise will be,take your son to any of testing centers for his medical examination asap because Nov 1st is very close. 

FYI: It takes 4days to complete medical examination for kids and it's exactly 2weeks from today so act really fast.

Congratulations in advance to you and your son.

Thanks. Our cases is at the embassy already.

i really regret not sending the docs together. We messed things up.

Is it at q-life that his results would be ready in 4days so I can take him there instead tomorrow. Cos the children's practice told me 10 working days for him. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
4 hours ago, Soubz said:

Congrats! 💃💃

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Ywjammin30 said:

I'm so Happy just got my husband interview date to November 9th.😍

Wow.. congrats!!!🎈

7 minutes ago, SierraTenTango said:

Just got my interview date today for November 8th ❤️ 

Congratulations!!!!

Timeline
1 hour ago, Sugarlegetiti said:

My husband GC is mailed today on my Birthday 💃💃💃💃💃. 4weeks of his POE

Congratulations 🎊🎉 and Happy Birthday to you.Long life and prosperity

57 minutes ago, Rameda said:

Visa in hand today. Yay

Congratulations🎉wish u safe trip to the US

Edited by Themmi

Timeline
18 minutes ago, SierraTenTango said:

Congratulations.Wish you a successful interview

16 minutes ago, Ywjammin30 said:

I'm so Happy just got my husband interview date is  November 9th.😍

Congratulations,wish you a successful interview

Timeline
1 hour ago, Sugarlegetiti said:

My husband GC is mailed today on my Birthday 💃💃💃💃💃. 4weeks of his POE

Congratulations!!!.. Happy birthday to u .. enjoy enjoy.. 

30 minutes ago, SierraTenTango said:

27 minutes ago, Ywjammin30 said:

I'm so Happy just got my husband interview date is  November 9th.😍

Congrats to you both!! Were you emailed or you called NVC?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.