jackyjimenez

OCTOBER AOS 2018 Filers

2,281 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, AndyAspen said:

Got our interview date for april 26!  Colorado seems to be moving a little quicker.  Funny enough though our interview is in grand junction and not denver, i hope that doesn't mean something is amiss. best of luck to all of you waiting. AOS NOA1 - october 12th

You can check what your local field office is here by inputting your zip.

https://www.uscis.gov/about-us/find-uscis-office/field-offices

Possibly you assumed Denver?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
2 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

You can check what your local field office is here by inputting your zip.

https://www.uscis.gov/about-us/find-uscis-office/field-offices

Possibly you assumed Denver?

nope that one says denver as well as it serves the whole state. !??!

1 minute ago, AndyAspen said:

nope that one says denver as well as it serves the whole state. !??!

Strange. Surely it's just because they are backed up in Denver.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Montenegro
Timeline

Hello guys!

Anyone from here that got their green card or interview yet?

After I messed up EAD form, I got it with misspelled name, they told me to send it back which will take another 5 months of waiting, since it was my fault.

I am, according to most lawyers I reached out to, unable to work with misspelled EAD.My SSN will be misspelled, as well, most likely.I cant change SSN until EAD gets fixed.

So, my only hope is to get GC interview quickly as it will be suffiecent to work with GC and change SSN name, as GC is more valid than EAD for SSN name change.

Anyone had their interviews scheduled yet, or, even better, got their card?

October 12th filer here.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
2 minutes ago, DenisAlma said:

Hello guys!

Anyone from here that got their green card or interview yet?

After I messed up EAD form, I got it with misspelled name, they told me to send it back which will take another 5 months of waiting, since it was my fault.

I am, according to most lawyers I reached out to, unable to work with misspelled EAD.My SSN will be misspelled, as well, most likely.I cant change SSN until EAD gets fixed.

So, my only hope is to get GC interview quickly as it will be suffiecent to work with GC and change SSN name, as GC is more valid than EAD for SSN name change.

Anyone had their interviews scheduled yet, or, even better, got their card?

October 12th filer here.

I am not sure but what you could do is schedule an info pass appointment and then explain to the officer what happened.

I highly doubt you will have to wait another 5 months for something as simple as an incorrectly spelt card.

Have you called USCIS to report the incorrectly spelt name? 

Usually they will change it and send you out a new card. I mean it depends if you listed your name incorrectly on all of the forms then it's an issue because of background checks etc but a simple misspelled surname or first name in one section isn't going to mean you have to start over again.

Don't give up USCIS are useless when you call them ask to speak to their supervisor or. Tier 2 rep the Tier 1 reps are as useful as a chocolate tea pot. 

You could train chimps to do a better job than most their workers.

Good luck 

Timeline
37 minutes ago, Gama said:

I am not sure but what you could do is schedule an info pass appointment and then explain to the officer what happened.

I highly doubt you will have to wait another 5 months for something as simple as an incorrectly spelt card.

Have you called USCIS to report the incorrectly spelt name? 

Usually they will change it and send you out a new card. I mean it depends if you listed your name incorrectly on all of the forms then it's an issue because of background checks etc but a simple misspelled surname or first name in one section isn't going to mean you have to start over again.

Don't give up USCIS are useless when you call them ask to speak to their supervisor or. Tier 2 rep the Tier 1 reps are as useful as a chocolate tea pot. 

You could train chimps to do a better job than most their workers.

Good luck 

Yeah, those who pick up calls are trained to reply to already served questions and just go with the norm.

Unfortunately, because its my fault, USCIS website says that I will have to wait.

Yeah, only one letter is misspelled, at the end.

All of the other documents are fine, but I've been told from a lawyer that they pull out info for green card from the I765 form, which is the only form I messed up, only one box containing the ''legal name'' section, so I am afraid green card will be jeopardized as well.

No way to expedite the case since its my fault.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, DenisAlma said:

Yeah, those who pick up calls are trained to reply to already served questions and just go with the norm.

Unfortunately, because its my fault, USCIS website says that I will have to wait.

Yeah, only one letter is misspelled, at the end.

All of the other documents are fine, but I've been told from a lawyer that they pull out info for green card from the I765 form, which is the only form I messed up, only one box containing the ''legal name'' section, so I am afraid green card will be jeopardized as well.

No way to expedite the case since its my fault.

Ah well there is one alternative that you could do :P

Well you know that its very easy to change your legal name right? LOL  im joking of course.

I wouldn't worry about your Green Card, when your at the Green Card appointment you can submit a new I765 form with your correct name on and explain to them what happened. They have approved your EAD any way so simply asking for a correct card is not unreasonable even if its your fault, mistakes happen.

Honestly USCIS will help you out try and get an info pass appointment.  Misspelt cards happen all the time on their part and on the applicants part. 

Besides you have to report any errors on your application anyway as soon as you notice them, as if you do nothing they will find that very weird. 

Good luck. 

Edited by Gama
US Spell check

Timeline
15 minutes ago, Gama said:

Ah well there is one alternative that you could do :P

Well you know that its very easy to change your legal name right? LOL  im joking of course.

I wouldn't worry about your Green Card, when your at the Green Card appointment you can submit a new I765 form with your correct name on and explain to them what happened. They have approved your EAD any way so simply asking for a correct card is not unreasonable even if its your fault, mistakes happen.

Honestly USCIS will help you out try and get an info pass appointment.  Misspelt cards happen all the time on their part and on the applicants part. 

Besides you have to report any errors on your application anyway as soon as you notice them, as if you do nothing they will find that very weird. 

Good luck. 

I joked the same to my wife :D

No need to submit I765 after Green card, since you dont need EAD once you get the green card, green card serves as work authorization on its own.

I can't get infopass in New York area, they dont accept it I checked.

USCIS has no sympathy, the mistake was mine.I talked to the tier 1 and they said that if I return it, as I have to if its wrongly done, I have to wait 5 months, since it wont be expedited.

I had the wrong spelling all the way long, since NOA1, NOA2 and when the card came, I just did not notice it.

The thing is that right bellow the misspelled name, there is my full name that goes on ''in care of'' box, basically for mailing address.

All other documents are fine, Ive put my name right on 20 occasions and I messed up this one and they didnt bother to correct.Bottom line, its my fault.

I just dont get how they didnt take it from biometrics.

Ill try to talk with a tier 2 tomorrow.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Finland
Timeline

My status changed yesterday for: “Case is ready to be scheduled for interview” 🤩

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 hours ago, Katri said:

My status changed yesterday for: “Case is ready to be scheduled for interview” 🤩

Yay! congrats!

Well guess who got an RFIE for her I765 and I131 this morning? 

Can't imagine what i didn't send (or what they lost).

Guess I'm being punished for creating Mr. Bean.

Will advise.....

PD Oct 22nd.

3 minutes ago, dupatinaglace said:

Chicago based H1B to C9 AOS here... got case ready to be scheduled for interview 6 days ago but no EAD. PD 10-16. Waiting waiting waiting. 

Are we the same person? :0 I filed around mid Oct and im adjusting from h1b to c9 AoS from Chicago as well. Hope we both get our EAD soon. This process is driving me nuts

Timeline
8 hours ago, Katri said:

Congrats however my case has been on that status since November but good luck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.