bavana Havana

is there any red flag in our relatioship... need advices

34 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

hi how are you , members vJ , my husband lives in morocco , i heard morocco embassy its hard , wants to know if any red flag in our relatioship marriage , i love my husband and i know him n am wondering if our case is strong  enough for the consulate , I met my husband on Facebook February 20 2016, we met each other and we were friends until the relationship developed. I decided to visit my husband in October 2016 in order to get to know him more. At this time we were in a relationship. I was very interested in taking pictures and beautiful places in Morocco. After that we went back to March 2018 and we were sent to our family. After that, we returned and began to communicate every day without interruption until we decided to marry in July 2017. Our wedding was wonderful. We have a lot of pictures. My husband always communicates with my mother and daughter. on march 2018 we sent our case to uscis , am 39 years old and he is 29 years old , we sent eveidence chat logs between us photos pictures weeding  , pic if the places we visted and we his family  , we sent chat logs beetwen my doughther and husband and my mom ,  because he always communicate with them , we sent booking flights of 3 visit to morocco , and my letter explain how we meet ; letters from his family and friend , a letter from my mom and doughther , i add my husband to my insurance auto ; life ; and my 401k  , i sent it to them train ticket , receipts of post office ,  i visted my husband  after we sent our peprs to uscis we sent it march i visisted him june i sent booking flight with it ,  we spend so much take photos nd we went to hotel , we kept receipt hotels ,  and now we waiting the aproval from nebraska , i just asked if there any red flag in ourr case   have to worrry about ,  and if  our case enough strong and thank you so much for all of your advice and help 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

It's good that you have more than 1 visit, and that you did not get married on the very fist visit. 

No one on this forum can say with certainty if your case will be approved or not. If you included all of the evidence from your trips (passport stamps, boarding passes, travel receipts, photos with him and family, chat/call logs ect.) you have a decent chance of being approved. A 10 year age difference might cause a bit of questioning at the interview, but there have been larger age gaps that have gone on to be approved.

Has your daughter traveled to Morocco with you to meet him? Are you using a co-sponsor or will you be sponsoring on your own?

If you are going through the visa process and will be interviewing in Casablanca, Morocco, join us over at the

US-Morocco Visa Discussion Facebook Group! :) 

K1 Visa Process                                                                                                   

Spoiler

December 19, 2016: NOA1 receive date 

May 5, 2017: NOA2 hardcopy (still listed as 'received' online...)

May 23, 2017: NVC case number assigned

July 10, 2017: Interview
July 14, 2017: Visa in hand
July 27, 2017: POE at ORD

August 5, 2017: Married!

AOS Process    

Spoiler

AOS Process  

September 8, 2017 : Mailed AOS Packet

September 16, 2017 : NOA1 text/emails (receive date Sept. 12)

October 2, 2017 : Biometrics Appointment

October 13, 2017 : RFIE letter received in mail (they want an English translated Birth Certificate, which we included in the original petition...)

January 24, 2018: EAD/AP Combo Card in hand

August 9, 2018: AOS Interview (Approved)

August 9, 2018: "Card in Production"

August 16, 2018: Green card in hand

May 2020: ROC!

Timeline
7 minutes ago, RJandHamid said:

It's good that you have more than 1 visit, and that you did not get married on the very fist visit. 

No one on this forum can say with certainty if your case will be approved or not. If you included all of the evidence from your trips (passport stamps, boarding passes, travel receipts, photos with him and family, chat/call logs ect.) you have a decent chance of being approved. A 10 year age difference might cause a bit of questioning at the interview, but there have been larger age gaps that have gone on to be approved.

Has your daughter traveled to Morocco with you to meet him? Are you using a co-sponsor or will you be sponsoring on your own?

yes i understant  ; you are right thank you so much and no she didnt visit morocco with me was expencive coudnot with ticket , and  co-sponsor will help me to sponsor him  my sister aunt daughter

Timeline

I realize that plane tickets are very expensive. That is something that we all struggle with. 

Your husband will need to be prepared to talk about his relationship with your daughter. The CO may ask him if he as met her, how old she is, what grade she is in, ect.

USCIS allows the use of co-sponsors, but the Casablanca consulate has been known to ask tough questions when co-sponsors are involved. Be prepared to be asked how you could afford to visit 3 times, but still need a co-sponsor. 

Also I see that you have been married at least 1 previous time, make sure your husband knows all of the details of any and all previous relationships.

If you are going through the visa process and will be interviewing in Casablanca, Morocco, join us over at the

K1 Visa Process                                                                                                   

Spoiler

AOS Process    

Spoiler

AOS Process  

October 13, 2017 : RFIE letter received in mail (they want an English translated Birth Certificate, which we included in the original petition...)

Timeline
15 minutes ago, RJandHamid said:

I realize that plane tickets are very expensive. That is something that we all struggle with. 

Your husband will need to be prepared to talk about his relationship with your daughter. The CO may ask him if he as met her, how old she is, what grade she is in, ect.

USCIS allows the use of co-sponsors, but the Casablanca consulate has been known to ask tough questions when co-sponsors are involved. Be prepared to be asked how you could afford to visit 3 times, but still need a co-sponsor. 

Also I see that you have been married at least 1 previous time, make sure your husband knows all of the details of any and all previous relationships.

yes i will get sure to make him prepaing for his interview ,  and yes i ubderstant  just i cant sponsor him i have 4 kids  this why i need co sponsor i dont make enough in my income taxes , 

Timeline
14 minutes ago, RJandHamid said:

Do you know what kind of questions they ask about the co sponsor? You mentioned the Casablanca Consulate asks tough questions so I'm assuming it's not basic questions like name and age 😕

Met: 10/15/2015

Married: 04/30/2017

I-130 Sent: 10/13/2017

NOA1: 10/18/2017

NOA2: 06/02/2018

NVC: 07/06/2018

NVC CC: 08/17/2018

Timeline
1 minute ago, Uoas said:

Do you know what kind of questions they ask about the co sponsor? You mentioned the Casablanca Consulate asks tough questions so I'm assuming it's not basic questions like name and age 😕

They do ask the basic things like name, age, are they a relative, what is your relationship to them

But I've also seen a couple of instances where the couple used a co-sponsor and the Casablanca consulate questioned how the petitioner could afford multiple trips to Morocco and yet still not meet the income requirements. It's not a guarantee that this will be asked, but I just wanted to bring it up because I've seen it happen more than once now. 

K1 Visa Process                                                                                                   

Spoiler

AOS Process    

Spoiler

AOS Process  

Timeline
Just now, RJandHamid said:

They do ask the basic things like name, age, are they a relative, what is your relationship to them

But I've also seen a couple of instances where the couple used a co-sponsor and the Casablanca consulate questioned how the petitioner could afford multiple trips to Morocco and yet still not meet the income requirements. It's not a guarantee that this will be asked, but I just wanted to bring it up because I've seen it happen more than once now. 

No, thank you for bringing it up! It definitely helps us because I honestly didn't even think about that. I think this is a good point to bring up and helps Morocco VJ members be better prepared.

Met: 10/15/2015

Married: 04/30/2017

I-130 Sent: 10/13/2017

NOA1: 10/18/2017

NOA2: 06/02/2018

NVC: 07/06/2018

NVC CC: 08/17/2018

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Read the posts i recently made about silly quesitons

they will ask him about you (all things big and small)  he must know you weill,   your family,  what happened to your marriage,  what schools you attended,  weather where you live, etc

they may ask why he married a woman with family already as moroccan men do not marrydivorcee or widow from their own country

what you added him too is good but did you apply for his ITIN and add him to tax returns for 2017?

If not, follow IRS guidelines and add him to 2018 as you are not yet at the NVC stage and have time to do this

BTW Nebraska is slow

when he interviews:

dress respectfully

be confident in interview

do not elaborate with answers / answer quickly with short responses

be prepared with what he will do in the USA (work or study)

read the portal and embassy reviews for Morocco

i hope your photos include his mother as that is important

the stats on Spouse visa for July 2018 is 20% 

for August is 5% with only 13 approved 

(see my other posts of where i got the USCIS stats)

good luck 

incha allah all will go as planned

Timeline
6 minutes ago, adil-rafa said:

Read the posts i recently made about silly quesitons

they will ask him about you (all things big and small)  he must know you weill,   your family,  what happened to your marriage,  what schools you attended,  weather where you live, etc

they may ask why he married a woman with family already as moroccan men do not marrydivorcee or widow from their own country

what you added him too is good but did you apply for his ITIN and add him to tax returns for 2017?

If not, follow IRS guidelines and add him to 2018 as you are not yet at the NVC stage and have time to do this

BTW Nebraska is slow

when he interviews:

dress respectfully

be confident in interview

do not elaborate with answers / answer quickly with short responses

be prepared with what he will do in the USA (work or study)

read the portal and embassy reviews for Morocco

i hope your photos include his mother as that is important

the stats on Spouse visa for July 2018 is 20% 

for August is 5% with only 13 approved 

(see my other posts of where i got the USCIS stats)

good luck 

incha allah all will go as planned

oh yes  i will make him practise it , and no i didnt ### him to taxes and i think i cant add him now till next year ,   and all this good and yes i have photos with his mom 

Timeline
1 hour ago, savana said:

oh yes  i will make him practise it , and no i didnt ### him to taxes and i think i cant add him now till next year ,   and all this good and yes i have photos with his mom 

yes, the only time you can get the ITIN is with a W7 form filled out and sent in with tax returns along with the proof of marriage and his birth (or ID) proof

Timeline
5 minutes ago, adil-rafa said:

yes, the only time you can get the ITIN is with a W7 form filled out and sent in with tax returns along with the proof of marriage and his birth (or ID) proof

yes do i can do it now or till next year  because his intervies might be march or april 2019

Timeline
Just now, savana said:

yes do i can do it now or till next year  because his intervies might be march or april 2019

you have to do this at tax time W7 form next spring and i am guessing plenty of time before interview

this is almost October

since you have not yet gone to NVC stage,  probably looking at late spring or summer interview

august approvals from CC at NVC stage are still waiting for an interview date

there are a limited number of visa numbers given out each quarter for all countries 

sometimes you have to wait just for a visa number to be available

Timeline
4 minutes ago, adil-rafa said:

you have to do this at tax time W7 form next spring and i am guessing plenty of time before interview

this is almost October

since you have not yet gone to NVC stage,  probably looking at late spring or summer interview

august approvals from CC at NVC stage are still waiting for an interview date

there are a limited number of visa numbers given out each quarter for all countries 

sometimes you have to wait just for a visa number to be available

yes  i understant  everthing clearer now  , thank ypou so much  i aprecaite your help 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Moved from Progress Reports to Process & Procedures.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.