Teacake

I129F - Travel document number?

18 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Teacake said:

I’m the beneficiary. I’m currently in the US filling out the i129F with my USC fiancé. I came from Australia via the VWP. I put my passport number down, but immediately below that, it asks for my travel document number. I have “none” written down. Is this okay?

• Use your passport number :) 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
1 hour ago, Teacake said:

I’m the beneficiary. I’m currently in the US filling out the i129F with my USC fiancé. I came from Australia via the VWP. I put my passport number down, but immediately below that, it asks for my travel document number. I have “none” written down. Is this okay?

Don't USA electronic travel authorizations have a number?

28 minutes ago, Mike E said:

Don't USA electronic travel authorizations have a number?

I’ve checked it just now and the page only has my name, date of birth, application number, passport number, status of my ESTA (approved) and expiration date. I’m guessing the application number isn’t a travel document number?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
1 hour ago, Teacake said:

I’ve checked it just now and the page only has my name, date of birth, application number, passport number, status of my ESTA (approved) and expiration date. I’m guessing the application number isn’t a travel document number?

An ESTA is a travel document.

You've identified a number for your ESTA.

Therefore you have a travel document number for your ESTA.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline
6 hours ago, Mike E said:

An ESTA is a travel document.

You've identified a number for your ESTA.

Therefore you have a travel document number for your ESTA.

All the research I did suggested that to leave it blank (or write None or N/A). A passport is a type of travel document and you have already entered your passport number. For those who have entered the US on a different travel document (for example a refugee travel document) they would fill in the travel document number. I'd be curious to hear if this is what everyone else has done though! :)

47 minutes ago, emeline29 said:

All the research I did suggested that to leave it blank (or write None or N/A). A passport is a type of travel document and you have already entered your passport number. For those who have entered the US on a different travel document (for example a refugee travel document) they would fill in the travel document number. I'd be curious to hear if this is what everyone else has done though! :)

38 minutes ago, emeline29 said:

Also look at the following questions regarding country of issuance and expiry for passport OR travel document. 

I want to use “none” or “N/A” here for that reason! How far along are you? Did you have any issues after putting “N/A”?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

Literally just mailed it on Wednesday before I flew back to Australia! So I'm not sure if writing N/A will cause an issue, or whether I should have written 'none'. Hopefully there's someone who can tell us what they wrote :)

I also printed a copy of my I-94 from the website and included that as well as the number from that, so hopefully that's enough and they don't need any other travel document number. Fingers crossed! 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

We used my passport number again for that one, got the NOA1 fine but I did wonder if we should have just written N/A.

K1 Visa Timeline [Approved]

Spoiler

07/23/2018    I-129F sent

07/25/2018    NOA1 email notification

07/30/2018    NOA1 hard copy

12/21/2018    NOA2 hard copy

01/10/2019    NVC Case # assigned

01/22/2019    Left NVC

01/29/2019    Embassy received

01/29/2019    Pkt 3 sent

02/01/2019    Pkt 4 received

02/13/2019    Medical

03/00/2019    Interview approved!

04/01/2019    Visa issued

04/02/2019    Visa received in mail

04/06/2019    POE

05/04/2019    Wedding

Adjustment Of Status Timeline [Approved]

Spoiler

05/31/2019    I-485, I-131 and I-765 sent

06/10/2019    NOA1 (electronic) & check cashed

06/11/2019    NOA1 hard copies

07/05/2019    Biometrics walk-in

09/30/2019    Interview scheduled (electronic notification)

10/23/2019    EAD/AP approved

11/00/2019    AOS Interview approved!

11/08/2019    Green card is being produced

11/16/2019    Green card in hand

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

A passport is most people's travel document. But in the separate questions asks you for a travel document number, if you used another travel document to enter the country. Other travel documents can be the following...

-Advance parole
-Refugee travel document
-Re-entry permit or 
-Carrier documentation

If you do not have any of these I would leave that question blank or simply write N/A.

• 1 year later...
On 9/21/2018 at 8:59 PM, emeline29 said:

Literally just mailed it on Wednesday before I flew back to Australia! So I'm not sure if writing N/A will cause an issue, or whether I should have written 'none'. Hopefully there's someone who can tell us what they wrote :)

I also printed a copy of my I-94 from the website and included that as well as the number from that, so hopefully that's enough and they don't need any other travel document number. Fingers crossed! 

Did you run into any issues from writing N/A for your travel document number? I'm filling out my fiance's paperwork and am confused on this! :) 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.