Collin & Kaue

Avoiding an RFE

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hey guys,

I see there is a lot of people getting a RFE for something I see I did,  on how we met I simply put that we met online but didn't explain on what website or where we actually met.

is there a way I can send something in to avoid an RFE, also I only sent pictures but didn't write on the backs of them with dates and who was in the picture ( I figured that was obvious because I send the passport size pics with our names on them)

any advice because I don't want to wait for a RFE and be delayed.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
8 minutes ago, Collin & Kaue said:

Hey guys,

I see there is a lot of people getting a RFE for something I see I did,  on how we met I simply put that we met online but didn't explain on what website or where we actually met.

is there a way I can send something in to avoid an RFE, also I only sent pictures but didn't write on the backs of them with dates and who was in the picture ( I figured that was obvious because I send the passport size pics with our names on them)

My fiancé (now husband) had the exact same situation as you. We only wrote down a sentence or two that we’ve initially met online but met in person at XXXXX. We had NO RFE and no problem. It really all depends on the person handling your case. Nothing you can do now but wait. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Every case is different, be positive! 

Goodluck

Citizenship
Event Date
Service Center : Online
CIS Office : Raleigh NC
Date Filed : 2020-10-03
NOA Date : 2020-10-03
Bio. Appt. :  
Interview Date :  
Approved :  
Oath Ceremony :  
Comments : INA 328 and 329 [ Military ] 

Timeline

Hey anyone who has seen this post, Just spoke with the USCIS and they had told me you CAN send documents to add to your file before it is reviewed if you would like to try to avoid a RFE.

so getting some additional documents I know they might ask for and sending it to them!

Good luck everyone else!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
On 9/18/2018 at 6:34 PM, Collin & Kaue said:

Hey guys,

You cannot do that. But be patient. It doesn’t mean you will receive a RFE. Good luck

Timeline
1 hour ago, clarkyzp33 said:

You cannot do that. But be patient. It doesn’t mean you will receive a RFE. Good luck

i called them today and spoke with a rep there, he told me i can send additional documents before they review it. i just have to send it to the California processing center and they will add it to my file. 

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
1 hour ago, Collin & Kaue said:

i called them today and spoke with a rep there, he told me i can send additional documents before they review it. i just have to send it to the California processing center and they will add it to my file. 

You can send, but that is no assurance they will get into your file.  No harm in trying.  If you at least stated when and where you met in person and provided evidence of meeting in person, an RFE is unlikely.  If you did not, it is also possible that such a basic oversight can result in a petition denial, under the latest procedural guidelines for petition adjudication.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
On 9/18/2018 at 6:34 PM, Collin & Kaue said:

Hey guys,

I wrote the date that my fiance and I met on social media (I did not specify which site).  I also included 5 unlabeled photos. No RFE

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
  • Different reviewers/adjusters have different view on what are okay and what not. Something worked with one might not work with others.
  • I agree with one comment that it will not hurt for trying (assume that additional document can be attached to original ones) or just wait for RFE (if it happens)

K-1 visa the most important requirement is to show face-time/physical meeting within 2 years as long as you have this covered, do not worry too much.

Edited by RTLE

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
On 9/23/2018 at 12:16 AM, KnJ24 said:

I believe the form only asks proof of having met in the past two years. I wrote two sentences about our last meeting in person with supporting evidence, nothing about how we originally met. Is this grounds for an RFE🤔

• There is no requirement to explain how you knew each other but proof showing you met physically within last 2 years.
  • One can still get RFE (to explain more or for a reason that one has never thought of).  

Conclusion 😃, do not worry too much, if it happens, it happens.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.