midwinterrose

​🇨🇷​Pura Vida​🇨🇷​ Costa Rica Filers

240 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, BunnyBoo said:

Oh also...

We paper clipped the passport photos to the I-129F itself, no little zip lock bags or anything like that...

We also paper clipped very neatly the whole application since it ended being a tad bit bulky, no folders or anything like that.

We also sent off 3 little brown baggies which contain pictures of us or gifts,  etc. For example: "Proof of having met within the last 2 years" sealed with some tape, not attached to the petition itself since it was impossible because of how bulky it ended up being. 

And no, the brown baggies do not have the petitioners name nor signature ( I know🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️)

Is there any chance that these baggies will be lost, they are inside the envelope itself alongside the packet?

I know a lot of these things are rookie mistakes. 

Am I just overreacting or does all this scream trouble/RFE or even outright denial?   

I think the paperclips and staples might just be annoying for them to review, which is why they say not to put them. I honestly did clip things because my packet was also out of hand. I put tabs and labeled and didn't get an RFE. I agree with the person that said the names on passport photos would figure it out. You should be okay, definitely not a denial.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

Thank you so much for the responses ♥️

This process is anything but stressful (and it’s only the beginning 😅

Spoiler

🐇 Sent I-129F: 03/14/2019 

🐇 I-129F NOA1: 03/22/2019 (Received The 18th)

🐇 I-129F NOA2: 06/15/2019 (85 days)

🐇Case transferred to NVC & Case# assigned: 07/10/2019 (25 days) 

🐇 NVC left: 07/23/2019 

🐇 Consulate Received: 07/26/2019 (CEAC switched to ready on the 30th) 

🐇 Interview date: 08/05/2019 (Approved :D:wub:!!!) 

Filed: Other Country: Costa Rica
Timeline
On 3/13/2019 at 11:29 AM, eduardo12305 said:

good question I had my interview last Monday and don't know where's my passport.

Did you finally get your passport? What was the turnaround time? Any others who have gone to a recent interview, can you provide any input?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
5 hours ago, Dprz22 said:

Did you finally get your passport? What was the turnaround time? Any others who have gone to a recent interview, can you provide any input?

No yet... still waiting but on CEAC website is Issued I assume thats good.

Does anyone know if the NVC required them to send a copy of the police certificate? I thought that was only needed at the interview stage, plus I think the Costa Rican police certificate has a short validity, either 1 or 3 months I can't remember...

I wasn't asked for this yet, but I see that the State Department has the instructions all over their website and it is listed as a required document

Thanks, my husband will have to leave the Nicoya Peninsula just to get this certificate since I guess our lawyer can't do it for him, so i just want to make sure we are prepared

1 hour ago, khans1025 said:

Does anyone know if the NVC required them to send a copy of the police certificate? I thought that was only needed at the interview stage, plus I think the Costa Rican police certificate has a short validity, either 1 or 3 months I can't remember...

I wasn't asked for this yet, but I see that the State Department has the instructions all over their website and it is listed as a required document

Thanks, my husband will have to leave the Nicoya Peninsula just to get this certificate since I guess our lawyer can't do it for him, so i just want to make sure we are prepared

You will need to submit it to the NVC and bring it to the interview. If it expires before the interview you have to get a new one and bring the one you submitted and the new one to your interview.

On 3/25/2019 at 2:15 PM, khans1025 said:

Yeah it’s 3 months. We got ours kind of early, so we’ll also be getting another one lol 

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline
On 3/20/2019 at 8:24 AM, eduardo12305 said:

No yet... still waiting but on CEAC website is Issued I assume thats good.

I’m assuming you got your passport? How long did it take after all. Had interview today and they told me 10 days 😩

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
9 hours ago, Dprz22 said:

I’m assuming you got your passport? How long did it take after all. Had interview today and they told me 10 days 😩

Yes about 10 days. And they cut my package but everything is ok

I am leaving on friday hope any problem

Timeline
1 hour ago, eduardo12305 said:

10 days.....Ok 😞 Good luck with your trip!!

1 hour ago, eduardo12305 said:

Did you interview in Costa Rica?

10 hours ago, Dprz22 said:

Congrats though, I know you've been waiting a while! My interview is in 2 weeks I finally got a date :D 

Timeline
3 hours ago, KJ2 said:

Did you interview in Costa Rica?

Congrats though, I know you've been waiting a while! My interview is in 2 weeks I finally got a date :D 

Thank you! Interview in CR was literally 5 min, wait was 2hrs lol. Good luck to you as well. Seems a never-ending process. 

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline
2 hours ago, TheFutureMrsBowma said:

Hey guys! Can any of you help me find the packet of instructions for the CR embassy? 

Thank you so much! 

packet.pdf

2018 K1 Filing to Approval: 322 days (RFE 29 Days)

Spoiler

I-129F mailed: Jan 26 2018

NOA1: Jan 29 2018 (old site), Feb 2 2018 (new site)

RFE: Aug 30 2018 (old site updated 8/30; new site 8/31 w/email and text)

RFE hard copy: rec'd 9/4; ret'd 9/6 (old site updated 9/7; new site 9/10, no text/email)

NOA2: Oct 5 2018 [249 days]  (old site updated 10/5; new site 10/7, no text/email)

Case #: Oct 31 2018 [27 days] (called to get number, no email from NVC)

Left NVC: Nov 13 2018 

Consulate Rec'd (DHL): Nov 19 2018

CEAC 'Ready' status: Nov 29 2018

Interview: Dec 17 2018 [Approved!]

POE: Jan 10 2019 [Los Angeles]

Marriage: Jan 12 2019 :wub::dance:

2019 AOS Filing to Approval: 81 Days (No RFE, No Expedite)

Spoiler

AOS Mailed: Feb 19 2019

NOA1: Feb 25 2019 (I-485, I-765, I-131)

Biometrics Appt. Letter Rcv'd: Mar 8 2019

Biometrics Appointment: Mar 20 2019

Recv'd Interview Appt. Notice: Apr 15 2019 [I-485] (ready to schedule 4/10, scheduled 4/11; old site)

Interview: May 17 2019 [Cleveland, OH]

Approved: May 17 2019  :dance:

Green Card Received: May 24 2019

2021 ROC Filing to Approval: 534 Days (LIN; No RFE, No Interview)

Spoiler

ROC Mailed: Mar 5 2021 (delivered 3/12)

NOA1: Apr 5 2021 (txt rcvd 4/7, check cashed 4/7, mail rcvd 4/9) 

Biometrics Re-used Notice Rcv'd: Apr 30 2021

Approved: Sep 21 2022 :dance:

Green Card Received: Sep 28 2022

2022 N400 Filing to Oath: 154 Days (Cleveland Field Office; No RFE)

Spoiler

N400 Submitted: Jun 16 2022 (online)

NOA1: Jun 16 2022 (rcv'd snail mail 6/24)

Biometrics Re-used Notice Rcv'd: Jun 16 2022 (rcv'd snail mail 6/24)

Interview Scheduled: Sep 6 2022 (cancelled due to A-file not arrived in time)

Interview Re-scheduled: Oct 21 2022

Approved: Oct 21 2022 :dance:

Oath Ceremony: Nov 16 2022 :wow:🇺🇸

event.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/9/2019 at 2:03 PM, radharose said:

Hi everyone! I'm a K-1 Visa applicant (beneficiary) and I went to get my physical exam on friday. At the doctor's office they gave me a sealed packet and a separate sheet: the DS-3025 (Vaccination Doc Worksheet). When I was reading it I noticed that on the "Vaccination Documentation" section there are two options: (1) "Immigrant Visa or Parolee applicant completed vaccination requirements" and (2) "K Visa applicant voluntarily completed vaccination requirements".  The doctor checked #1, and I think he should have checked #2, since Im a K-1 applicant and the K-1 is a Nonimmigrant Visa. Im worried this is going to give me issues at the interview or at the port of entry. What do you guys think? Did your doctor also checked the #1 option? Thank you. 

unnamed.jpg

Edited by Luis P

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.