midwinterrose

​🇨🇷​Pura Vida​🇨🇷​ Costa Rica Filers

240 posts in this topic

• 5 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

Hi, is it necessary to translate the birth certificate and civil status paper as well as the criminal records? can i just print the digital copy you can buy at tse.com or do i need to get it verified at their building? what other documents do i have to bring? 

13 hours ago, gelali said:

Hi, is it necessary to translate the birth certificate and civil status paper as well as the criminal records? can i just print the digital copy you can buy at tse.com or do i need to get it verified at their building? what other documents do i have to bring? 

Hello, yes to both. You need the official signatures on the criminal record at their building. Printing it online is not enough. You can ask for the document online though and they will have it ready for pick up during the time frame they give you. And you will also need an official and certified translation of the documents. You can find a list of official translators at the cancillería´s webpage. 

The documents you need to bring are indicated on the official documentation they sent you.

• 1 month later...
Timeline

Hi,

We got the package 3 earlier this month, it said to gather all documents and get all medical exams done + renewal letter and to email them at SanJoseIV@state.gov in order to schedule the interview once I had everything ready. 

Today I went to my appointment with the physician and I have the sealed envelope I have to take to the interview ready. 

I emailed them but I got an automated response saying all visa appointments have been cancelled since March 2020, I believe this is just their standard reply since Covid started, also I met people with appointments already scheduled for july at the medical office and I have even seen a recent review at here on VJ for the embassy from last month. As far as I know I should be able to schedule right, does anybody know what I should do to schedule or where should I contact? 

Any help is appreciated!

Edited by gelali

Timeline
18 hours ago, gelali said:

Hi,

We got the package 3 earlier this month, it said to gather all documents and get all medical exams done + renewal letter and to email them at SanJoseIV@state.gov in order to schedule the interview once I had everything ready. 

Today I went to my appointment with the physician and I have the sealed envelope I have to take to the interview ready. 

I emailed them but I got an automated response saying all visa appointments have been cancelled since March 2020, I believe this is just their standard reply since Covid started, also I met people with appointments already scheduled for july at the medical office and I have even seen a recent review at here on VJ for the embassy from last month. As far as I know I should be able to schedule right, does anybody know what I should do to schedule or where should I contact? 

Any help is appreciated!

I got another email telling me to pay the MRV and call the next day after 1pm so I can schedule. I already paid so I will be scheduling tomorrow. They gave me a phone number for their call center.

Edited by gelali
Add information

Pura Vida!!! Hi - my fiancé (Costa Rican) and I (USC) will be getting married August 1, 2021 there in Brazalito, Costa Rica.  I have been reading about everything we will need to gather etc.  One thing we are having a hard time with is locating his vaccine record.  Does anyone know if they are able to give the needed vaccines at the time of the medical exam?  Everything I read online or on the US website just confuses me.  Then, I started to looking at the chart and directions to the doctor for the exam - at 32 years old it appears he will only need 3-4 vaccines (Flu shot being possible 4th).  

Another thing that I read was that if you are going to the interview in Costa Rica that you do not need to translate your documents?  Is this true or did I absolutely fall of the cart and bump my head? haha.  

Anyhow, I guess I am just needing some help understanding, guidance and reassurance - as well as ANY and all advice anyone can offer to me. Excited to have joined the group!!  Pura Vida!!  Excited to be here. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Welcome to the forum!  This is an exciting and patience-demanding time.

If you can find even a couple of doctors who can verify even a couple of his previous vaccinations, get signed/stamped letters from them.  Every little bit helps.

Others will be along to offer specific advice.

-----

Edited to add:  I'll merge your thread and my reply into the "Pura Vida Costa Rica filers" thread that's consulate-specific. :) 

Edited by TBoneTX

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

1 hour ago, TBoneTX said:

If you can find even a couple of doctors who can verify even a couple of his previous vaccinations, get signed/stamped letters from them.  Every little bit helps.

-----

Edited to add:  I'll merge your thread and my reply into the "Pura Vida Costa Rica filers" thread that's consulate-specific. :) 

Thank you for doing that!  It was where I originally meant it to go and we’ll, ya saw what happened. 🤣

Oh wow I didn’t think about that. Maybe he might know who did them! Great idea. Otherwise most vaccines are age specific (based on my experience as a RN) so only having to get 3-4 wouldn’t be terrible but if he didn’t have to do any that would be even better. 😀😀

thank you for your warm welcome and getting me in the right place. Look forward to getting to know you all and becoming friends. 

Corey

On 6/22/2021 at 8:35 PM, gelali said:

Hi,

Any help is appreciated!

Hello - I have a question about your medical exam.  Did he offer to give you vaccinations if you were missing any?  Or did he happen to tell you what vaccinations are appropriate?  Just curious as my fiancé does not have any record of vaccines so we will need to get them and I am hoping it can be done at that appointment.  

Timeline
1 hour ago, HurtRN said:

Hello - I have a question about your medical exam.  Did he offer to give you vaccinations if you were missing any?  Or did he happen to tell you what vaccinations are appropriate?  Just curious as my fiancé does not have any record of vaccines so we will need to get them and I am hoping it can be done at that appointment.  

My husband received a varicella vaccine at his medical appointment because he didn’t have one on his vaccine record, and also a flu shot as it was in season.  He was offered the option the get the shots there, or get them done later in the US and he elected to have them done there.

I don’t remember what it cost, but I remember they weren’t exactly cheap.  If he has a lot to get he might want to have them done at the CAJA before his appointment.  Also he might be able to have a titer test done to prove he’s been vaccinated for some of them already.  But if he has no proof of vaccination, he should be able to get the vaccines at his medical appointment.

2018 K1 Filing to Approval: 322 days (RFE 29 Days)

Spoiler

I-129F mailed: Jan 26 2018

NOA1: Jan 29 2018 (old site), Feb 2 2018 (new site)

RFE: Aug 30 2018 (old site updated 8/30; new site 8/31 w/email and text)

RFE hard copy: rec'd 9/4; ret'd 9/6 (old site updated 9/7; new site 9/10, no text/email)

NOA2: Oct 5 2018 [249 days]  (old site updated 10/5; new site 10/7, no text/email)

Case #: Oct 31 2018 [27 days] (called to get number, no email from NVC)

Left NVC: Nov 13 2018 

Consulate Rec'd (DHL): Nov 19 2018

CEAC 'Ready' status: Nov 29 2018

Interview: Dec 17 2018 [Approved!]

POE: Jan 10 2019 [Los Angeles]

Marriage: Jan 12 2019 :wub::dance:

2019 AOS Filing to Approval: 81 Days (No RFE, No Expedite)

Spoiler

AOS Mailed: Feb 19 2019

NOA1: Feb 25 2019 (I-485, I-765, I-131)

Biometrics Appt. Letter Rcv'd: Mar 8 2019

Biometrics Appointment: Mar 20 2019

Recv'd Interview Appt. Notice: Apr 15 2019 [I-485] (ready to schedule 4/10, scheduled 4/11; old site)

Interview: May 17 2019 [Cleveland, OH]

Approved: May 17 2019  :dance:

Green Card Received: May 24 2019

2021 ROC Filing to Approval: 534 Days (LIN; No RFE, No Interview)

Spoiler

ROC Mailed: Mar 5 2021 (delivered 3/12)

NOA1: Apr 5 2021 (txt rcvd 4/7, check cashed 4/7, mail rcvd 4/9) 

Biometrics Re-used Notice Rcv'd: Apr 30 2021

Approved: Sep 21 2022 :dance:

Green Card Received: Sep 28 2022

2022 N400 Filing to Oath: 154 Days (Cleveland Field Office; No RFE)

Spoiler

N400 Submitted: Jun 16 2022 (online)

NOA1: Jun 16 2022 (rcv'd snail mail 6/24)

Biometrics Re-used Notice Rcv'd: Jun 16 2022 (rcv'd snail mail 6/24)

Interview Scheduled: Sep 6 2022 (cancelled due to A-file not arrived in time)

Interview Re-scheduled: Oct 21 2022

Approved: Oct 21 2022 :dance:

Oath Ceremony: Nov 16 2022 :wow:🇺🇸

event.png

18 hours ago, radharose said:

My husband received a varicella vaccine at his medical appointment because he didn’t have one on his vaccine record, and also a flu shot as it was in season.  He was offered the option the get the shots there, or get them done later in the US and he elected to have them done there.

I don’t remember what it cost, but I remember they weren’t exactly cheap.  If he has a lot to get he might want to have them done at the CAJA before his appointment.  Also he might be able to have a titer test done to prove he’s been vaccinated for some of them already.  But if he has no proof of vaccination, he should be able to get the vaccines at his medical appointment.

Ahhh - good to know thank you!  I also said we should do the titer but, his mom doesn't think he had any except a tetanus shot about 10 years ago...which is when we typically suggest patients renew the Tdap. Anyhow, I am just glad to know they do offer it there because I was reading that you MIGHT have to come back for the MD exam another time if you don't have them all.  

Do you happen to know if the CAJA will administer?  I had asked him about that but, he was not certain if they would or not - even for minimal cost would be helpful.  LOL.  

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Unless one has access to a Public Health clinic (county, or whatever) in the U.S., it's almost always much more economical to get the necessary vaccinations in the home country.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

On 6/24/2021 at 11:44 PM, TBoneTX said:

-----

Good morning my friend - I hoped you might could help me with a couple more questions I have while we are gathering all required documents.  

1. I downloaded a certified copy of his birth certificate from https://www.consulta.tse.go.cr/appcdi#/tienda - I also have a friend who is fluent in Spanish and English and is also able to translate the document.  Is it okay to just print this out for Luis (beneficiary) to take when the time comes for his appointment?  Of course when I file online in August (after our wedding and we get our marriage certificate in a few months) so I can just upload both the certified copy from the website with the translation.  

2.  Where do I need to have Luis go to obtain his police record?  I am not finding anything definitive as to where we can obtain that.  And should we wait until after we are married to worry about getting that document?  He does not have any record as far as I know, LOL.  

Thank you so much in advance.  I feel like I am asking so many questions and am so thankful for this group.  I am learning so much - even better than using a lawyer to do all this for us!  🙂 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.